List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith is probably picked ahead of each of those 5 players you mentioned. Id say once Smith is back Palmer goes out of the team for good (fingers crossed).

As far as trades go I'd say hed be in the top 5 least likely to be traded players for the club.

Cheers mate, I like watching him and would hate to see him leave, but with challenge of freeing up $650K I thought this injury could put him right in the firing line.

Like many locals of Canberra GWS has become my adopted second side, loving the growth on the field and loving Carlton's connection to the youth!

My question for those in the inner sanctum, will Devon Smith return the same and/or has this recent form of the side cost him his place? He could be handy trade bait that would also clear up some cash space.

Steele, Greene and Palmer playing Devon's role well and it allows for Kelly and Hopper to spend more time in the midfield.
Devon will be straight back in when he returns.
So no chance he will be trade bate.

Following players are mature KPD that are FA this year

Merrett (bris)
Brown (Coll) injury prone
Pears (Ess) spud
Lonergan (Geel) very keen on him
Firrito (NM)
Fisher (StK) we tried to lure him before
Richards (Syd) past it
Brown (wce) injury prone
Merrett is 32 by time 2017 starts unlikely to uproot after a career at Bris, Lonergan is 33 by the time 2017 starts only one more year you'd think and why would he leave Geelong? Fisher is 34 next year. Firrito is not a KPD, he's 189cm and a sniper! Both Browns are rarely on the paddock.
No likely to move and/or useful KPD on that FA list. Try a different tack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing can top the Richmond supporter and the insightful suggestions and thorough analysis he had for a trading relationship between the 2 clubs
Although i am sure the hypotheticals will get better and I would suggest we play along on the provision that they must take Rhys Palmer as part of the trade:'(

without going over the top what would it take from coĺlingwood for devon smith?
The reality is a shit tin of $$. Possibly another Treloar deal. Dev is settled and committed. He contracted and knows his best 22 when he returns from injury. Oh, in a club that looks a lot closer to success than the Pies at the moment. You need to turn his head big time. Once that is done the trade may follow. What would Giants settle for? IDK, De Goey?

The reality is a shit tin of $$. Possibly another Treloar deal. Dev is settled and committed. He contracted and knows his best 22 when he returns from injury. Oh, in a club that looks a lot closer to success than the Pies at the moment. You need to turn his head big time. Once that is done the trade may follow. What would Giants settle for? IDK, De Goey?

And his best mate is on a five year deal...

Treloar?

Is there any chance that Ahern could look for a move or GWS moving him on at the end of the year? I know he was very highly rated in his draft year and showed good form in the two's last year but with your need for academy points would it be likely we'd be able to snatch Ahern for our first?

Also I see Jake Barrett has been consistent at NEAFL level, do u guys see him as an AFL quality mid that doesn't fit in your best 22 or is he purely a handy depth type of player?

Is there any chance that Ahern could look for a move or GWS moving him on at the end of the year? I know he was very highly rated in his draft year and showed good form in the two's last year but with your need for academy points would it be likely we'd be able to snatch Ahern for our first?

Also I see Jake Barrett has been consistent at NEAFL level, do u guys see him as an AFL quality mid that doesn't fit in your best 22 or is he purely a handy depth type of player?
Ahern is a possibility for sure. He has to be thinking it will be difficult to get back up the pecking order. His injury came at exactly the wrong time. Your first? I'd take it if all parties agreeable.

Barrett has not had a run at AFL level, but I reckon he would make it. Is he guaranteed best 22 material? Sorry, jury is still out.

Ì'm not sure about Ahen but I like Jake Barrett a lot. He did play rnd 23 2nd half last year as sub for us and did nothing wrong IMV. By then I think anyone with a bruise after the game was being sent off early and told to get ready for a big pre-season and a big year this year.
I have watched him in the NEAFL and genuinely thought last year he was second in pure class to Shiel as a midfielder. At times lasr year he was regularly getting 40 plus posessions and double figure tackle numbers. His disposal, particularly by foot has been criticised though.
I was surprised he was so far down rhe pecking order but talking to other fans and on BF, I have no answer to the who would you drop for him question.
In short I'd say yes and probably available to a club offerring AFL games.

Ahern is a possibility for sure. He has to be thinking it will be difficult to get back up the pecking order. His injury came at exactly the wrong time. Your first? I'd take it if all parties agreeable.

Barrett has not had a run at AFL level, but I reckon he would make it. Is he guaranteed best 22 material? Sorry, jury is still out.

Barrett debuted late last year. 7 disposals as a sub I think. Not much to go on. I think most people here liken him to Townsend now at Richmond and Whiley now at Carlton. Would love him to be a regular at any team. Great kid.

Marchbank and Tomlinson likely to go. Teams will also find value if they can extract a few gems hidden in the NEAFL. I expect Finlayson, Hoskin-Elliott, Barrett, Ahern, Stewart, Steele, Corr, McKenna, Downie will have significant offers thrown at them (not sure on contract status of all of them).

Barrett debuted late last year. 7 disposals as a sub I think. Not much to go on. I think most people here liken him to Townsend now at Richmond and Whiley now at Carlton. Would love him to be a regular at any team. Great kid.

Marchbank and Tomlinson likely to go. Teams will also find value if they can extract a few gems hidden in the NEAFL. I expect Finlayson, Hoskin-Elliott, Barrett, Ahern, Stewart, Steele, Corr, McKenna, Downie will have significant offers thrown at them (not sure on contract status of all of them).
Yeah, by run I mean few games to show something. Jake is definitely around the Townsend-Whiley mark, but may turn out more like a Miles (although Ant has come off the boil a little lately).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back