List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly this is a BS. Players are entitled to blow off steam in a private function. GWS players are well behaved partially due to anonymity in Sydney. I would be upset if alleged behaviours (whatever they are) were in public like the old Mad Mondays antics.

Most here would have enjoyed the company of friends on a special occasion with crass humour and alcohol at least once. The alleged behaviour wasn't targeted to anyone. Let the men blow off some steam.

The AFL is investigating allegations of player misconduct at the GWS Giants’ post-season gathering, with the club considering bans and other sanctions for the 2025 season.
It was confirmed on Tuesday that the Giants had launched an internal investigation following an anonymous complaint about the club’s outfits at the function. The dress-up theme is believed to surround celebrity couples and scenes surrounding that.
There was no involvement of members of the public in the activities, but the conduct and subsequent complaint were enough for the club to investigate. It was found that no players were involved in any illegal conduct, however, the investigation is likely to recommend punishments for several players, which could include match bans.
In a statement, the Giants confirmed they had been working with the AFL on addressing the incident.
“The Giants are aware of an anonymous allegation of inappropriate behaviour at the players’ end-of-season event last month,” the statement said. “The club and its integrity unit have been working with the AFL’s integrity unit to investigate. The club will make no further comment until the outcomes of the investigation have been finalised.”
It is believed the Giants’ function took place on Wednesday, September 18 where several players were spotted in the Sydney CBD area in fancy dress.

Are you suggesting that Derksen dobbed on everyone so he could get a trade.
Anything is possible in this insane world. Dude sees other players who have made their debut acting like fools and maybe he wanted out. Who knows. This story is rather new so a lot to play out.

Anyways, would have loved to see Wade in the Red'n'Blue. You would've got a pick for him this year. Next year if he doesn't get a contract you lose him for nothing.

Anything is possible in this insane world. Dude sees other players who have made their debut acting like fools and maybe he wanted out. Who knows. This story is rather new so a lot to play out.

Anyways, would have loved to see Wade in the Red'n'Blue. You would've got a pick for him this year. Next year if he doesn't get a contract you lose him for nothing.
In fairness, unless they provide more information as to when the complaint was made it does look highly suspicious being broken so close to deadline.

I think the club and AFL need to provide greater detail to annex any thoughts of this.

If by chance it was a disgruntled player I would be holding them and making them play reserves all next year 😬🤷🏻‍♂️

In fairness, unless they provide more information as to when the complaint was made it does look highly suspicious being broken so close to deadline.

I think the club and AFL need to provide greater detail to annex any thoughts of this.
Curse of the investigation. Can release really vague details but never what actually matters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's face it, the woke VFL House chooses to be outraged at the drop of a hat ... and ignore massive issues that it wants to sweep under a carpet.
I don't know how much room is under that thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back