List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

If it was distasteful, nobody saw it so who cares.
Unless they were pouring their own drinks there would have been employees of the establishment in attendance. Not to mention all areas of licensed premises, other than toilets, have CCTV, plus everyone has a camera on them.
A bit of poor judgement can be so costly these days. I’m glad I’m old.

The thing that is odd is there doesn’t seem to be anything that has been sent out about it, just someone was offended and made an anonymous complaint.

If that is the case unless they were vilified then it does seem a lot about nothing.

The AFL needs to be a bit careful, not necessarily about this as we don’t have enough information, but in general there is a bit of Big Brother about them.

On the one hand they mandate things like Welcome to Australia and Pride rounds etc which I think parts of are very well intentioned, however by consistently forcing it as routine I think it becomes counter-productive and creates resentment.

On the other hand they are frequently skating a thin line of invading players civil liberties. This quite often results in unintended consequences. The more you try to control people the more they tend to rebel.

Maybe I’m just gibbering on but I do worry that they get too far away from sport and start to become virtue signallers.

At the end of the day this is sport, we expect certain behaviours when in sight but I don’t have such expectations for what they do in their own time so long it’s not illegal.

Anyway rant and rabble over. Nite guys 🙂

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back