List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

So you're worried about other clubs lists?? Other than trolling why ask

Not trolling at all.
I do not troll on other teams boards. Ever.

I saw him play a game against us at the G about 3 years ago and thought he was going to be an absolute gun.
Now it seems, even with his injuries, that he is not a 1st 22 player anymore.
And every year new players come onto the list and overtake him, pushing him further down the pecking order.
I would have thought for someone like him, an opportunity to go to an inferior list, with an improved pay packet, would be tempting.

Not trolling at all.
I do not troll on other teams boards. Ever.

I saw him play a game against us at the G about 3 years ago and thought he was going to be an absolute gun.
Now it seems, even with his injuries, that he is not a 1st 22 player anymore.
And every year new players come onto the list and overtake him, pushing him further down the pecking order.
I would have thought for someone like him, an opportunity to go to an inferior list, with an improved pay packet, would be tempting.
The talent won't have gone anywhere. The key to unlocking his talent is consistency and confudence. That can happen anywhere..at the Giants or with a fresh start elsewhere. Reckon he is better off sticking with us and buildining into the 2017 team. If he was to seek a fresh start, the club was amenable and had a good offer from another club, then an early second rounder might get it done. Really don't think player or club would go for it though.

I honestly don't rate Jon Patton. I hate seeing the media and BF posts about it. He has not done anything of any note in his career to date. He gets swung around down back because he cannot get near it up forward.

For what it is worth, he is worth a pick in the 20s-30s. That is basing it on his output to date. Has kicked 49 goals in 44 games. For a high draft pick KPF in an amazingly good side is pretty poor. Sure he has the knee reconstructions, that adds to my argument that he is not worth a first round pick.

If he's that shit why are you asking?

Hi guys, just wondering would you guys do Pick 1 + Pick 19 for Pick 5 + Pick 8? I think that seems fair but then again I'm extremely biased. Gives you a gun player on top of your academies. Posted a similar suggestion on the Gold Coast thread but got shot down. Thoughts?

Hi guys, just wondering would you guys do Pick 1 + Pick 19 for Pick 5 + Pick 8? I think that seems fair but then again I'm extremely biased. Gives you a gun player on top of your academies. Posted a similar suggestion on the Gold Coast thread but got shot down. Thoughts?

It doesnt give us an extra unless we get more picks from somewhere. With current picks that deal would mean passing on maybe 2 academy players to take someone else. Doesnt send a great message to kids that have been training since 13-14. Also there is a lot of our current mids coming out of contract in '17 so passing on some academy mids from this year in favour of getting a fwd like Marshall may backfire.

What the **** is it about Essendon supporters and hard core delusion ?

There is no stand out number one this year. The Giants are quite happy to sit where they are, in positions that will let them match academy bids. We are also in our finals window, meaning we want to trade high draft picks for experienced players who have most of their salary paid by the other club.

Given all that, why on earth would we want to do this ?

As the ladder currently stands we'd have #5 (Coll), #15 (GWS) and #16 (Geel). The problem we'd have with essentially re-allocating #5 to #1 is that it wouldn't really add the first pick on top of the academy players, but by taking away available first round points it'd likely take away the ability to draft 1-2 academy players.

With the investment of resources in the academy and these players, plus the discount available, I'd say we get more bang for buck with academy players rather than adding the #1 pick.

Been plenty of chat on our board re acquisition of Jack Steele.

Rather than discuss like we're dealing in footy card swaps, what I would really like to know is whether anyone here knows much about the player and how he's travelling. Is extracting him a realistic option? Or Is he cemented at GWS from both his own and from a GWS perspective?

I see he's from ACT - anything else that might tie him to GWS?

If anyone believes he is a realistic target, then I would be intersted in your thoughts on value.

Many thanks in advance

Rather than discuss like we're dealing in footy card swaps, what I would really like to know is whether anyone here knows much about the player and how he's travelling. Is extracting him a realistic option? Or Is he cemented at GWS from both his own and from a GWS perspective?

If anyone believes he is a realistic target, then I would be intersted in your thoughts on value.

Many thanks in advance

He's travelling just fine. He's a young player, who gets the occasional game in the seniors, then goes back to playing reserves.

The $64 question is if he wants to stay at GWS, or if he wants to move to another club where he is guaranteed to play firsts all the time.

Me, I think the key question is how much money anyone is prepared to give him in personal terms - if he gets offered Lamb money (~2m over 3 years from memory), then he'll be more likely to go. If he's just offered ~200k a year, then he's more likely to back himself to permanently replace Griffen or someone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's travelling just fine. He's a young player, who gets the occasional game in the seniors, then goes back to playing reserves.

The $64 question is if he wants to stay at GWS, or if he wants to move to another club where he is guaranteed to play firsts all the time.

Me, I think the key question is how much money anyone is prepared to give him in personal terms - if he gets offered Lamb money (~2m over 3 years from memory), then he'll be more likely to go. If he's just offered ~200k a year, then he's more likely to back himself to permanently replace Griffen or someone.
Thanks - trade value ?

Let's see....

Mum and dad both foundation members of the club (when he was about 14 and on nobody's radar)
Used to don the G-Man outfit and be our mascot when he was employed as a development officer before we drafted him.
Likely we might draft his sister to the women's team.

Let's see....

Mum and dad both foundation members of the club (when he was about 14 and on nobody's radar)
Used to don the G-Man outfit and be our mascot when he was employed as a development officer before we drafted him.
Likely we might draft his sister to the women's team.
Great - thank you.

Useful info. So looks like he's a GWS kid through and through.

That depends on how badly he wants to leave.

If he signs a contract extention, infinite.

If he wants to go, then we're probably looking for a 2017 first.
Cheers.

Sounds like he's invested in the club anyway and unlikely to leave. Good for him:thumbsu:

Cheers.

Sounds like he's invested in the club anyway and unlikely to leave. Good for him:thumbsu:

Im not as certain as others are, but the key will be if another club has the confidence in him to make him a millionaire at a young age.

Historically, we've been greatly assisted in keeping our kids by other clubs "not wanting to overpay".

Im not as certain as others are, but the key will be if another club has the confidence in him to make him a millionaire at a young age.

Historically, we've been greatly assisted in keeping our kids by other clubs "not wanting to overpay".
Fair enough. Can't see us paying too much over, although accepting clubs need to do that to extract good players.

Looks a good kid and we are light in the mid department so who knows.

Seeing Doc Reid still attached to the Essendon Football Club.

You know, the cowardly little shit who knew about the doping program and kept silent about it.
I'm sure BigFooty posters are in a position to do anything about that.

I'm sure BigFooty posters are in a position to do anything about that.

Unlike GWS, Essendon members get a vote at their AGMs.

And the Essendon members have voted solidly for Hirdite directors.

Likewise, you saw the internal resistance from Essendon members to the 'Deny everything' approach. Oh. Wait.

By the way, have you seen any unhappiness about the way Essendon have treated Hal Hunter ?

They may not have been complicit in the doping, but they sure as hell have been complicit in everything that happened afterwards.

That depends on how badly he wants to leave.

If he signs a contract extention, infinite.

If he wants to go, then we're probably looking for a 2017 first.

I think you would be better off going for two picks, maybe a second round and a third round.
By doing so you are able to get more points and be able to trade the first round pick, so you have the points to get all three academy players who are likely to be positioned in the top 10 picks at worst top 15. Giving up Steele for future guns, probably worthwhile.

I'm sure he'd be in the best 22 at every other club right now.

Hey guys, how's Jarrod Pickett going in his rehab? I know he is contracted till the end of next season but he is the sort of player I would love to have at Freo. Trade value?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back