List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a question for the Giants supporters:

Would you accept a deal of Deledio for Geelong's 1st Rounder, Steele and Stewart?

Sent from my iPhone

Yes if the cats finish top 4.

Won't happen though cause Deledio would be asking way too much and

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey after a bit of info : i remember articles at the beginning of gws that suggested clubs offered really poor trades to try and shake loose some of your high draft picks - anyone remember anything about this?

Tia
Easton wood and Dylan Addison for pick 1, robin nahas for Dom Tyson. Jarrod witts for treloar

Hey after a bit of info : i remember articles at the beginning of gws that suggested clubs offered really poor trades to try and shake loose some of your high draft picks - anyone remember anything about this?

Tia
Easton wood and Dylan Addison for pick 1, robin nahas for Dom Tyson. Jarrod witts for treloar

I remember it being Robin Nahas and a mid range pick for pick 1 in the mini-draft (Jaeger O'Meara) - maybe they just didn't want Robin Nahas.

Certainly any player we asked about was quickly rejected (Goddard, Thomas etc) by the clubs in question (who then watched them walk out within 2 years anyway) while the players they did offer were not fair coin. They expected us to take whatever they wanted to offload, but as Sheeds and others said at the time - you gotta give something to get something and nobody was willing to give something.

Then they just sat back and complain we didn't accept their crap offer and "hoarded" our draft picks.

I remember it being Robin Nahas and a mid range pick for pick 1 in the mini-draft (Jaeger O'Meara) - maybe they just didn't want Robin Nahas.

Certainly any player we asked about was quickly rejected (Goddard, Thomas etc) by the clubs in question (who then watched them walk out within 2 years anyway) while the players they did offer were not fair coin. They expected us to take whatever they wanted to offload, but as Sheeds and others said at the time - you gotta give something to get something and nobody was willing to give something.

Then they just sat back and complain we didn't accept their crap offer and "hoarded" our draft picks.

Thankyou.

Thank you, but 400k for a backup ruck isnt my idea of a good investment for the club at the moment.

The opportunity cost for that will be a Steele or a Hopper, in addition to anything North would want.
On this thread, and the GWS list management one, it was mentioned by some that Mumford had fallen away a lot this season and that another ruck was needed

On this thread, and the GWS list management one, it was mentioned by some that Mumford had fallen away a lot this season and that another ruck was needed

To be blunt, the same can definitely be said of Goldstein - I think the phrase 'weak performances' was used by someone or other to refer to his last 6-8 weeks ?

Also, were you trolling on your own board about two top ten picks for him, or is that what you genuinely think he's worth ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be blunt, the same can definitely be said of Goldstein - I think the phrase 'weak performances' was used by someone or other to refer to his last 6-8 weeks ?

Also, were you trolling on your own board about two top ten picks for him, or is that what you genuinely think he's worth ?
you're right: Goldstein has had a couple of very bad games this year including last week- but i am confident his best is better than Mumford's. My point being that GWS are right in the thick of contention for the next decade for a flag, whereas North will need a semi-rebuild in my opinion and hence why we need to secure as high picks as possible, and i think Goldstein would certainly be a loss- but one i'd be willing to lose in order for some elite young talent. In regards to the two top ten picks that i mentioned, this was a bit flippant and i reckon one inside the top five would suffice or some very good players

i reckon one inside the top five would suffice or some very good players

So you're thinking Mumford and Goldstein are comparable, and Mumford is already under contract to GWS.

You're also thinking he'd cost around 400k in cap room.

And you're thinking 'one inside the top five'.

How about 'No, thank you. We already have Mumford'.

So you're thinking Mumford and Goldstein are comparable, and Mumford is already under contract to GWS.

You're also thinking he'd cost around 400k in cap room.

And you're thinking 'one inside the top five'.

How about 'No, thank you. We already have Mumford'.
Not the list manager, but cheers anyway ahaha

Not the list manager, but cheers anyway ahaha

That's a pretty stupid response given no one on the board is the list manager, and doubly so given you asked what GWS fans would give up for Goldstein. No need to chuck your toys out of the cot because someone doesn't think trading for Goldstein is a good idea.

That's a pretty stupid response given no one on the board is the list manager, and doubly so given you asked what GWS fans would give up for Goldstein. No need to chuck your toys out of the cot because someone doesn't think trading for Goldstein is a good idea.
i agree with you

I thought I heard an associate of GWS stating you would go after a small forward this year.

As we all know an offer was put to Breust a couple of years ago, do you think you'd still be interested?

Breust > One of your first rounds + Marchbank? Perhaps Steele?
A vicious rumour started by our list manager in an interview when he said it was area we nèeded to strengthen. So absolutely potèntially either with firßt round I.would have tbought.

I thought I heard an associate of GWS stating you would go after a small forward this year.

As we all know an offer was put to Breust a couple of years ago, do you think you'd still be interested?

Breust > One of your first rounds + Marchbank? Perhaps Steele?
would have to be Collingwoods 1st + GWS 2017 1st + Jake Barrett(cousin of Luke Bruest)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back