Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this trade would work:

Geelong get levi greenwood
North get tory dickson and bulldogs 4th rounder
Bulldogs get mitch brown and geelongs 4th rounder.

Addresses a need for all parties but all are minor trades.

Higher profile trades are harder to map out.....
Greenwood is one of North's best players, why would they do that?

No thanks.
Good player but never fit.
Do not want.
Thats fair enough.

I think you guys are lacking a 2nd KPD, a rebounding type like Taylor or Hurley at CHB would be perfect for your side.

Scheonmakers does cop a lot of shit, but i think he would be a perfect fit as a rebounder at CHB to compliment Talia.
2nd rounder should get it done.

Id like to see Adelaide try trade in Giles too, goal kicking 2nd ruck to support Jacobs and provide a 3rd target in the forwardline. 3rd rounder would get it done.

I think those 2 would strengthen up your spine a lot.

Thats fair enough.

I think you guys are lacking a 2nd KPD, a rebounding type like Taylor or Hurley at CHB would be perfect for your side.

Scheonmakers does cop a lot of shit, but i think he would be a perfect fit as a rebounder at CHB to compliment Talia.
2nd rounder should get it done.

Id like to see Adelaide try trade in Giles too, goal kicking 2nd ruck to support Jacobs and provide a 3rd target in the forwardline. 3rd rounder would get it done.

I think those 2 would strengthen up your spine a lot.

Yeh I genuinely think Giles is a done deal. I mean you'd rather play SANFL than NEAFL right?

Shoenmakers I would love to get. I reckon he has untapped potential and would be really good as the 2nd KPD.
He has that ability to run and use the footy too, which Talia doesnt really do much.

Do you think Clark is a done deal for you guys and will he do a fair bit of rucking given you seem to have a bit of a hole in that department?

Any word on Lumumba. Its so funny that hes never really done anything 'wrong' but most clubs dont want to touch him due to his behaviour. Must be a first.

Dickson signed a 2 year deal this year. Plus he's better than Mitch Brown, who just isn't that good. Certainly not an answer to our KPP woes anyway.

Yeh I genuinely think Giles is a done deal. I mean you'd rather play SANFL than NEAFL right?

Shoenmakers I would love to get. I reckon he has untapped potential and would be really good as the 2nd KPD.
He has that ability to run and use the footy too, which Talia doesnt really do much.

Do you think Clark is a done deal for you guys and will he do a fair bit of rucking given you seem to have a bit of a hole in that department?

Any word on Lumumba. Its so funny that hes never really done anything 'wrong' but most clubs dont want to touch him due to his behaviour. Must be a first.
Not a fan of Giles or just dont think hes AFL quality?

I really like Clark, he was immense as a key forward in 2012, but with his conditions im not as keen, but i wont complain if we trade him in. Id actually prefer if we signed Jack Watts as a mid/wing role with stints Back and Forward.

With Clark rucking, my expectations would be that he plays as a key forward only, similar to Tippett since he joined Sydney, only ruck him when we are forced too. Id hope we play Cloke as a CHF, Clark as a FF, and then Grundy and Witts tandem rucking. That would allow us to play Reid at CHB with 2 of Keeffe/Brown/Frost.

Im a bit over Lumumba, i have failed to see signs of leadership, seems to do his own thing in an annoying manner, we have the cattle to replacement him instantly IMHO.

Not a fan of Giles or just dont think hes AFL quality?

I really like Clark, he was immense as a key forward in 2012, but with his conditions im not as keen, but i wont complain if we trade him in. Id actually prefer if we signed Jack Watts as a mid/wing role with stints Back and Forward.

With Clark rucking, my expectations would be that he plays as a key forward only, similar to Tippett since he joined Sydney, only ruck him when we are forced too. Id hope we play Cloke as a CHF, Clark as a FF, and then Grundy and Witts tandem rucking. That would allow us to play Reid at CHB with 2 of Keeffe/Brown/Frost.

Im a bit over Lumumba, i have failed to see signs of leadership, seems to do his own thing in an annoying manner, we have the cattle to replacement him instantly IMHO.

Nah I think he's afl quality (Giles), but he isnt as good as Jacobs in the ruck, or possibly Jenkins as a Fwd/Ruck. Great backup to have though, and I'm sure he'd prefer to play SANFL than NEAFL which is virtually amateur league.

Wouldnt mind Watts either, though theres a lot of unfounded hatred for him on our board. Dont think we'd get him though. Apparently we've been linked with pretty much every player in existance.

Haha! Thats best laugh ive had all day. Tory who?

Curious would the Crows consider

Greenwood + McKensie
for
Talia
?

Still think Levi will stay but if not this could be fair.
Greenwood, who has had one good decent to date, and a first round draft pick who hasnt come on yet

For

Talia, who will be an AA key defender this season, after playing in a team that lacks KPD's more than any other side in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You clearly haven't seen Levi Greenwood play this season. He's an out and out gun. North would laugh hysterically at this scenario.

Even if they were all bad trades this is where negotiations start. I am sure picks or players can be changed around.

What I am certain on however is mitch brown looks set to be on the chopping block.

Leigh Adams for Jeff Garlett
Classic lose-lose trade? I guess Adams is a solid citizen but aren't the blues rebuilding or are only the blues think they aren't? Every game that they'd give to someone like Adams is a game take from a Cripps, Graham etc or even a Bell who has a lot of flaws but some positives. And I don't know the full Garlett story, North might be at the time they can take a chance on a guy like him but does he stand up in finals anyway? They've already got Nahas as well.

Nah I think he's afl quality (Giles), but he isnt as good as Jacobs in the ruck, or possibly Jenkins as a Fwd/Ruck. Great backup to have though, and I'm sure he'd prefer to play SANFL than NEAFL which is virtually amateur league.

Wouldnt mind Watts either, though theres a lot of unfounded hatred for him on our board. Dont think we'd get him though. Apparently we've been linked with pretty much every player in existance.
Yep Giles would just be a good fit at the Crows with the ability to cover Jenkins or Jacobs as required. You might even be tempted to play all 3 in the same side at times to give Jacobs less of a workload. The issue being making sure you aren't caught out being top heavy in a game. As long as the crows don't give up much he's a desired recruit.

On Watts, no amount of hatred for him can ever be unfounded in my mind. I'd worry you'd be trying another Tambling. He would have some good games in the Crows game style when you are up and running though. And I've thought for a number of years he'd be a better play out of Melb. He seems to have a decent record on the road. Going to trade us Jarred Lyons for him?? :p

Agreed that there's no way Sydney take that deal but Touhy would nudge out Shaw and be an excellent replacement for Malceski

Zac Jones is better than both of those recruits, what is the point, not to mention Biggs who can play there. Useless trade, Sydney will be largely inactive this year around trade week you would assume with the exception of committing pick 18 to Isaac Heeney.

Yet we got blasted for sacking Scott Watters....

We are discussing Hooker, not Watters.

Anyway the GC lost out - Failed to pick Heppell in the draft, then could have had Hooker and lost Caddy.

Curious would the Crows consider

Greenwood + McKensie
for
Talia
?

Still think Levi will stay but if not this could be fair.

We would give up Tex, Sloane and Danger before Talia.
Our backline would have been the worst of all time without him there this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back