Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 is 4 years ago. The guys injury prone and wouldn't fetch a first rounder.
If He did fetch a first rounder, then why would I add our second round pick for pick 16? Obviously his injury decreases his value, but capable key defenders are good at preserving their value, surely hes still worth between 20-25?

I think Brown is worth from 15-25 easily. Premiership full back capable of taking on any key forwards in the game. Only problem is his injury history, and if that didn't exist there is no way we would want to trade him. I think most people forgot how good he was in 2010 and the times when he is fit.

No way in hell we would want brown or any defender really, that's where we have heaps and possibly might lose a player this year because we have to many that can't get opportunity.

2010 was 4 years ago and has not produced anything like that form since then considering his injuries, premiership player really does not mean much these days, don't know why people push this line every time. Hes already 26 and wouldn't make our 22, Tom Clurey is developing and will push his way into the 22 next year at some point.

Only way we will use our first rounder will be on a fwd/ruck, or someone that is way too good to give up and wants to come

SJ is 31, GC could do a much better deal for pick 16 pretty much anywhere else. When was the last time a 31 year old went for a pick higher than 30?

When was the last time 2 clubs had so many young high Draft picks on their list? Is another one worth that much to them? I'd suggest they'd be interested in him as much for leadership and experience as what he'll give on field. He's probably not worth pick 16 to them but I could definitely see them considering it.

Maybe it needs work. I think this is good for St Kilda, who want more picks inside the top 20. But yeah, it might be too good for Carlton. I think Carlton would have to give up another pick (i.e #25) to make it fairer/more likely.

Keep trying. Even if you add in pick 25, your trade still equates to something like:
Robinson for a first round upgrade of 4 places and pick 25 for Jaksch - or
Pick 25 for a first round upgrade of 4 places and Robinson for Jaksch.

Whichever way you break it down, Carlton come away ahead (arguably way ahead) on both legs of the trade.

I just made this up literally on the spot, so I don't think its perfect, but whether there's a way to modify it to make it feasible. I'm looking for a win-win for all 4 clubs.
Carlton = huge winners
St Kilda = relatively good win

GWS and Melbourne get ****ed.

Sam reid to Carlton for jeff garlett and Zach tuohy?

Schoenmakers needs a fresh start, maybe to the dons for Leroy jetta and a pick (either first or 2nd round) ?

Schoenmakers needs a fresh start, maybe to the dons for Leroy jetta and a pick (either first or 2nd round) ?

Sydney would laugh at that offer...seriously 2 blokes who are worth a 3rd rounder at BEST for Sam Reid....the old chestnut...quantity does not equal quality!

Shoenmarkers I'd be interested in but not at that price. I just wouldn't pay our PP for him. If we trade into the 2nd round then it could be around the mark.

I'd be surprised if Blease ends up on an AFL list next year. Less than 40 games, six years on a list, playing for a bottom team, three coaches - It'snot a great form line.

Sam Reid + Tom Mitchell for Melbourne's Pick 2.

Melbourne get 2 quality players who are roughly worth picks around 10-20 and still have their compo Pick 3. Reid, Mitchell and Brayshaw and Stretch is a very good start to a list turnover.

Sydney get Reid + Mitchell's contracts out of their books and draft Peter Wright with Pick 2 who could be a star forward, ruck or both. Wright and Heeney not bad (geez:eek:) for the maybe Premiers.

And then Stkilda bids on Heeney.

The only reason we didn't get our way in the end though was because Cale Hooker changed his mind at the last minute and refused to be traded to West Coast as part of that trade, otherwise you would have traded Brown.

But StKilda made a mistake by not targetting Hooker - I didn't understand it at the time and it still baffles me.

Heard Dermie for the past few years say that Schoey would be our CHB for the next 10 years , still only 23 with 79 games
experience a really decent kick for a backman , out of favour right now , but if Lake retires or is injured or suspended he is
the straight back into the side . Still think Schoey can be a 200 game player at the Hawks , we certainly don't need Leroy Jetta
for sure .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Reid + Tom Mitchell for Melbourne's Pick 2.

Melbourne get 2 quality players who are roughly worth picks around 10-20 and still have their compo Pick 3. Reid, Mitchell and Brayshaw and Stretch is a very good start to a list turnover.

Sydney get Reid + Mitchell's contracts out of their books and draft Peter Wright with Pick 2 who could be a star forward, ruck or both. Wright and Heeney not bad (geez:eek:) for the maybe Premiers.

I would accept this trade any day

I just made this up literally on the spot, so I don't think its perfect, but whether there's a way to modify it to make it feasible. I'm looking for a win-win for all 4 clubs.
Weird the big winner in that trade is the one you support.

I think this trade would work:

Geelong get levi greenwood
North get tory dickson and bulldogs 4th rounder
Bulldogs get mitch brown and geelongs 4th rounder.

Addresses a need for all parties but all are minor trades.

Higher profile trades are harder to map out.....

Port Adelaide have an already awesome 3 tall defence with Trengove, Carlile and Hombsch. They also have Tom Clurey in the SANFL who is very impressive.

Another key defender is on the bottom of there needs, Adelaide Crows however..

No thanks.
Good player but never fit.
Do not want.

I think this trade would work:

Geelong get levi greenwood
North get tory dickson and bulldogs 4th rounder
Bulldogs get mitch brown and geelongs 4th rounder.

Addresses a need for all parties but all are minor trades.

Higher profile trades are harder to map out.....

Greenwood is worth more than that based on what he's done this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back