Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of his disposals are with heat on him. if he is sitting at half back and given time to dispose of the ball he'll hit targets at will. His willingness to run, attack the contest and move the ball on quickly is a trait we need. We have the midfield bulls just need more breakaway speed type players and Jagga fits the bill.
He doesn't break away with speed, he finds space with agility. Show me an example of him bursting forward of a pack and taking 15-20 metres a la Daicos, Warner, De Goey, (Dusty and Cotch in their heyday).

He is a good kick, not great. Will hit a clear target 35 metres away. Won't drill a tracer 50 metres to a dime no matter how much time he has.

Love his speed, and evasiveness in and around traffic and gets in there to win his own ball.
We have the bulls, Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, and McAuliffe so Jagga would add that outside speed that only Bolton has been providing when he plays midfield.

View attachment 2054070

Am I losing it or does his head look AI generated?

Most of his disposals are with heat on him. if he is sitting at half back and given time to dispose of the ball he'll hit targets at will. His willingness to run, attack the contest and move the ball on quickly is a trait we need. We have the midfield bulls just need more breakaway speed type players and Jagga fits the bill.
We can't not pick guys because we have Taranto and Hopper. We are at ground zero. Would be unlikely they're prime mids when we are contending. Taranto can be pushed forward like gws did if we have better players.

We can't not pick guys because we have Taranto and Hopper. We are at ground zero. Would be unlikely they're prime mids when we are contending. Taranto can be pushed forward like gws did if we have better players.
Yes exactly Taranto and hopper are bench warmers for future mids not the centrepiece of our future midfield

Super impressive performance by Jagga in his VFL debut. You couldn't have picked a worse fixture to debut at this level if you tried. Away at Williamstown, an oval famed for its howling gales, on a dirty evening in the wet and cold with the rain blowing in sideways. Jagga ended up with a game high 31 possessions and was able to be a strong influence at stoppage winning clearances against the bigger VFL bodies which had been a concern voiced by some. His disposals weren't always clean, but in conditions like this taking territory was the name of the game.

Is Lachie Neale too grand a comparison, looks like a lot of similarities

He didn't play on him and as you point out FOS was underdone (and I wouldn't be surprised if a bit under the weather too). Write-off game for FOS.
They certainly lined up on each at centre bounces and also at multiple stoppages. That’s as good as ‘playing’ on each other as you’ll find.

Haven’t seen much but not overly impressed with Smilie. If he’s the best option it must be a shit draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poll needs Shai Bolton added.

Jagga is probably the cleanest and best stoppage player in this draft. He is just in the right place at the right time more times then not.

His ability to create scoring chains through 1st,2nd and sometimes even 3rd touches is outstanding.

Captain of vic metro and Oakleigh.

He gave an underdone O’Sullivan a bath in the champs final last week.

For mine he’s put himself right into the conversation as the number 1 pick of this draft. His consistency is incredible this season.

Pretty big call but I personally think his agility and evasiveness is as good if not better then an 18 year old Shai Bolton.
He looked like he was running the show, pointing and directing traffic and contest to contest he always seemed to be on the screen. Super impressive.

I am really warming to this lad, he is doing what a fit FOS would be expected to do I guess.
I've got Draper a nose in front of Smith at the moment, if Smith can repeat yesterdays performances in the next 2 VFL games then pick 1 could be a real flip of the coin deal. Good thing the VFL have the bye next week as we'll get some players back and the team will be much better structurally

Lindsay is carving up this game against Ranges.

Smillie playing forward since I got the stream working. Hit a brilliant pass to a leading forward but not much else.
Lindsay ticks more boxes than some of the other top 10 rated midfielder’s imo
His kicking is a standout
How many mids in this draft can kick with his penetration and accuracy
and he won a heap of contested ball in that game against Metro.

Love him on our list

One concern with Jagaa is his frame. May only be 18 but he finished school last year and would already have plenty of access to personal trainers yet he doesn't look to have put on any size this year. May be the type that doesn't put on weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back