Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone know what Faull is like athletically? He competes hard and applies tackle pressure but is only 195cm which is undersized for a modern day key forward unless they are an athletic anomaly, like Curnow, Jack Riewoldt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn't break away with speed, he finds space with agility. Show me an example of him bursting forward of a pack and taking 15-20 metres a la Daicos, Warner, De Goey, (Dusty and Cotch in their heyday).

He is a good kick, not great. Will hit a clear target 35 metres away. Won't drill a tracer 50 metres to a dime no matter how much time he has.
Well yes he does. Here's a few vids that clearly show he has that breakaway speed that makes it hard for the opposition to catch him or run him down. Jagga Smith is one of the quickest players in the U18's. if he sees an opening he's off. He has that speed when he wants it, good attribute to have just puts on the jets to avoid tackles and scoot away.
He is also evasive, you can see he likes to bend his body to avoid tackles ala Daicos boys.

I agree that he can be a bit hit and miss but his style is always on the move never static. Sometimes he can bite off more than he can chew but felt more so in the championships he was pretty good by foot.

Last edited:
We forget that our great man Cotchin used to be criticised for cheap short sideways possessions.

Wrongly criticised for the most part.

Anyone know what Faull is like athletically? He competes hard and applies tackle pressure but is only 195cm which is undersized for a modern day key forward unless they are an athletic anomaly, like Curnow, Jack Riewoldt.

Nothing to be concerned about. He is a Mihoceck type of forward who will rely on work rate and competing to be effective.

Newly crowned Larke medalist Harvey Langford continues to dominate the Talent League as he has done all season. He struggled with the extreme wind when disposing of the ball by foot as everyone did in this game, but he showed superior judgement of the ball in flight taking double digit marks.

Hard player to get a read on as to what type of player he will be at the next level. A bit of Shaun Grigg about him but his kicks a lot flatter which was a major knock on Grigg. His forward craft is up there for midfielders behind only Lalor and Ashcroft as far as genuine on ballers are concerned, could possibly rival those two if he improves his finishing.

There’s time for others to prove themselves but Jagga’s current CV is probably better than anyone else’s. Vic Metro Champion, Captain of All Australian team, 50 disposal Coates game, VFL game plus 30 disposals. I mean, not sure what else he needs to do.
Is he smaller than the #1 prospect in AFLW draft? 😆

There’s time for others to prove themselves but Jagga’s current CV is probably better than anyone else’s. Vic Metro Champion, Captain of All Australian team, 50 disposal Coates game, VFL game plus 30 disposals. I mean, not sure what else he needs to do.
Walk on water.

I reckon if he is 20m sprint time is right up there, its hard to see him not being no 1 now, unless his frame is considered unlikely to add any size.

I reckon if he is 20m sprint time is right up there, its hard to see him not being no 1 now, unless his frame is considered unlikely to add any size.
Tbh he didn't look crazy skinny playing VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back