Mod. Notice Trade Period Practice Run - Expression of Interest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Draft & Trading Experts and Aficionados,

I've been talking to Chief about an interactive game here and it's looking at having a practice run of the trade period, complete with trades, list management and salary cap management.

The structure will be as follows:

I will take a standard salary cap for this year and transpose the average salary distribution across the league to that, so there will be a certain number of players paid $1,000,000+, the next bracket has x numbers of players earning $900,000 etc. When your group take over control of that list you will need to submit your structure so all your players will have an assigned salary. We can work this to as close as possible but if not then the average structure will suffice.

Player trades will be possible but have to be submitted and there will be a formula:
Salary x years x/ (magic number which will be randomly generated and function as player consent)
There's work to be done on that but that's the general idea, if you offer a good deal for a long time then the consent will be much more likely but obviously it needs to factor your current deal so players on big deals now won't be likely to consent to trade for less than greatly over their current.

Father-son and academy players will be nominated before the trade period so list management teams know that they will need the points.

This can roll into a draft after.

Closest to the final result wins the practice run.

Would this be something bigfooty would be interested in? I prefer the idea of people controlling a team different to the one they support but not against groups of supporters controlling their supported team either.

We would have a spreadsheet with all players and their current contract status which would be used, and still needs to be built (but you can see an example in this post https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/fremantle-fc-contract-list-depth-chart.1179667/ ).

I'm interested, the reason I haven't replied earlier is the "I prefer the idea of people controlling a team different to the one they support" as I'd only be interested in doing the giants, I don't feel my list knowledge is deep enough to be applicable elsewhere.
Happy to step aside though if sticking to that better serves the goal.

I'm interested, the reason I haven't replied earlier is the "I prefer the idea of people controlling a team different to the one they support" as I'd only be interested in doing the giants, I don't feel my list knowledge is deep enough to be applicable elsewhere.
Happy to step aside though if sticking to that better serves the goal.

Given we probably don't have enough interest anyway that feature wouldn't be mandatory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back