Trade Predictions:

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to love the clutching of straws from the Kanga supporter thinking they got Bastinac for Josh Gibson. The truth is you got Black at 25 a kpf with op that Fremantle and Westcoast passed up on even though that is what they really need and is a native of WA. Now if you picked up the likes of Ben Stratton with pick 40 (went mid 40's) you would of come out in front.

Got to love the clutching of straws from the Kanga supporter thinking they got Bastinac for Josh Gibson. The truth is you got Black at 25 a kpf with op that Fremantle and Westcoast passed up on even though that is what they really need and is a native of WA. Now if you picked up the likes of Ben Stratton with pick 40 (went mid 40's) you would of come out in front.

North would have taken Black at pick 21 without getting pick 25 for Gibson from Hawthorn.

The Eagles would have swooped at pick 22/23 and grabbed Bastinac.

This isn't just bigfooty.com gossip it has been supported from sources inside the club.

North effectively got Bastinac and Kennedy for Gibson.

Im a crows supporter, and i think that we are in desperate need for a small foward of the eddie betts mold. Also we would prolly need a new half back considering that Bock is as good as going to the banan benders.

Who do you guys think the Crows should go after?

What would saints supporters want for David Armitage and what would Kangas supporters want for Matt Campbell?

Nothing you've got, Hayes is veteran and Armo is next cab off in a similar vein that McEvoy is now getting game time cause King is effectively ruck coaching. Most likely you'd have to give up someone like Cornelius because our forward structure isn't as deep with those who could play FF.

And no, you can keep Fev. :p

Im a crows supporter, and i think that we are in desperate need for a small foward of the eddie betts mold. Also we would prolly need a new half back considering that Bock is as good as going to the banan benders.

Who do you guys think the Crows should go after?

Why would we need another tall defender when we have Davis, Talia, Mckernan etc.. ready to step into this role next year. Thats IF Bock does leave.
We need outside midfielders and a good crumbing forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing you've got, Hayes is veteran and Armo is next cab off in a similar vein that McEvoy is now getting game time cause King is effectively ruck coaching. Most likely you'd have to give up someone like Cornelius because our forward structure isn't as deep with those who could play FF.

And no, you can keep Fev. :p

hayes is a veteren, but he still has years of footy left in him...I can't see Armitage hanging around waiting for him to take hayes spot. He needs to find a place in the team real soon, and you would have thought he would of had a break out season. Seriously, I can't see him staying a saints while he plays reserves and watches the rest of the midfielders from his draft class get afl games.

also, as much as it hurts for me to write this, I wouldn't mind a cornelius/armitage trade as I can see a frustrating future for cornelius at the lions trying to get a game behind Fev & Brown...which will see him leave anyway.

Ideally though, this is what I would like to see for the lions:

Sherman for Armitage.... The saints wanted a speedy outside player in lovett last year, and they can get one without baggage with sherman. Armitage not playing is losing value each year. They are best to make a move asap.
Fev for Beams...eddie was keen to get Fev last year but the heat surronding Fevs offield issues proved a little too much. Now things with Fev offfield are pretty quiet, and he needs a team that delivers good inside 50. Much of this will banked on how Cloke kicks in finals...if Clokes inaccurate kicking costs either a GF or worst still a GF spot, then bank this trade. Interesting to not is that Beams brother will start playing afl footy next year for the lions, making a good incentive for the 2 to play together. This will also let the lions play Cornelius and develop him as our future forward post Brown

What Joshen stated.

I can't see a trade so maybe it would cost Brisbane's second round pick.

Then again, we are probably better off holding on to a 23 year old fringe player. At his best, Flash is a very good AFL footballer. Consistency is his issue.

IMO, you guys stuffed up badly with last years trade/drafts and it will take a few years to fix it up. It's probably time Brisbane looked at seriously turning over the bottom end of their list for the next couple of seasons in order to uncover some late draft gold, and then have a serious crack at the draft in 2013/2014.

Talk about a Hail Mary.

haha...might be a long shot. But how much cash do you think beams could get staying a pies? And the pies have a heap of depth in running players. One thing for sure is that they will not want a repeat of 02/03 in losing GF's, so if there weakness comes from their big guy (cloke) spraying kicks all day on the big stage they will move to get someone else...

Also, can someone confirm if Cloke is contracted next season? I have heard talks that the GC are after him

Remember as well, that Eddie and Fev are great mates...talk started a month ago that Fev is moving back to Victoria to be with his family (which is understandable...where there is smoke there is fire. I can't see any other team that would take him...maybe the saints with a struggling kossie?

Fev for Beams...eddie was keen to get Fev last year but the heat surronding Fevs offield issues proved a little too much. Now things with Fev offfield are pretty quiet, and he needs a team that delivers good inside 50. Much of this will banked on how Cloke kicks in finals...if Clokes inaccurate kicking costs either a GF or worst still a GF spot, then bank this trade. Interesting to not is that Beams brother will start playing afl footy next year for the lions, making a good incentive for the 2 to play together. This will also let the lions play Cornelius and develop him as our future forward post Brown

I think Collingwood would be all over Fevola but they aren't going to part with much to get him. Definately won't get Beams.

You could always angle for their 1st rounder and John Anthony. Anthony could provide a decent second option to Brown.

What Joshen stated.

I can't see a trade so maybe it would cost Brisbane's second round pick.

Then again, we are probably better off holding on to a 23 year old fringe player. At his best, Flash is a very good AFL footballer. Consistency is his issue.

Can't see anyone giving a 2nd rounder for him.

IMO, you guys stuffed up badly with last years trade/drafts and it will take a few years to fix it up. It's probably time Brisbane looked at seriously turning over the bottom end of their list for the next couple of seasons in order to uncover some late draft gold, and then have a serious crack at the draft in 2013/2014.

Not really.

We gave away bad picks (ie 44, 60) which didn't really mean much. We still have a very young list and we did recruit a few good players in the draft (ie Bartlett, Harwood) and the rookie draft (ie Beams, McCauley).

I think Collingwood would be all over Fevola but they aren't going to part with much to get him. Definately won't get Beams.

You could always angle for their 1st rounder and John Anthony. Anthony could provide a decent second option to Brown.

You never know..Im sure the pies could see Fev back to his 100+ goals a season best at the pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Predictions:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back