Trade Predictions:

Remove this Banner Ad

Your correct.

Aaron Black was taken at 25.

The word on the street is that if we didn't have 25 we may have taken Black at 21. I think the club speculated that Black would still be available at 25 so they took Bastinac as he would have defnately been gone.

Not gospel but that the word that has been spread on the North boards.

Can back this up - from all reports your club and ours rated Bastinac and Koby Stevens very similarly - woth both clubs slightly favouring Bastinac by a mickey hair.

So had Bastinac been available - we'd have taken him instead of Stevens

You've assembled what I consider the best young midfield with no fuss or fanfare.

Get another couple of quality talls and you'll win a flag.
You don't rate Swallow, Bennell, McKenzie, Lock, Jolly and Weller? They'll probably add another 3-4 1st round picks to that this year.

West coast wanted bastinac at 22. The roos robbed us at 21, the bastards.

If we hadn't traded Gibson for 25 + 40, the concencus was that we would have taken Black at 21 to bolster our tall KPP's.

With Bastinac still available and the thought that he wouldn't last till 25 they took him at 21 and gambled that Black would still be around at 25, which he was.

Bastinac certainly has been a revelation this year, I for one never expected him to play every game so far. Has taken some of the epectation off Cunnington to a degree with Bastinac coming on quicker than most expected.

You don't rate Swallow, Bennell, McKenzie, Lock, Jolly and Weller? They'll probably add another 3-4 1st round picks to that this year.

Why is it all or nothing?

I rate North's young midfield as the best in the comp. That doesn't mean that Melbourne's or GC17's is terrible, just that North is ahead.

Why is it all or nothing?

I rate North's young midfield as the best in the comp. That doesn't mean that Melbourne's or GC17's is terrible, just that North is ahead.
Haha where have you been hiding,go watch some videos of swallow and to a lesser extent weller etc these kids were 16 tearing up the championships no way is norths youngsters on par with this lot bastinac has been about the most promising while ziebell's been hitting up medicare and cunningtons done five fiths of sweet nothing your dreaming.

Its widely known in North circles that we were always taking a KPF after Cunners and when Black slipped that was gold.

Also, West Coast were always going to take Basti with picks 22/23.

So when we got 25 off Hawthorn for Gibbo and Black had slipped past the first round, Super Recruiter Bryce Lewis pulled the trigger and took Basti punting that Black would stay another few picks. Which he did.

Its worth noting that Hawthorn types employ the same logic when they crow about 'raping' Richmond in the draft where the Hawkers got Roughy/Buddy.

Ayden Kennedy may or may not make it but right now the trade is Gibbo for Bastinac and we caned it.

Also, West Coast were always going to take Basti with picks 22/23.

So when we got 25 off Hawthorn for Gibbo and Black had slipped past the first round, Super Recruiter Bryce Lewis pulled the trigger and took Basti punting that Black would stay another few picks. Which he did.

I was watching the draft unfold - and when Black kept getting passed over I nearly wet myself.

There he was - we had 2 picks - i'm thinking Black and best available mid.

Then we choose Weedon, I was guttet - not because we got Weedon, but that we didn't get Black.

Time will tell of course on the Black V Weedon choice, but a local Key Position Fwd rated highly by a number of judges had slipped and we passed.

I was watching the draft unfold - and when Black kept getting passed over I nearly wet myself.

There he was - we had 2 picks - i'm thinking Black and best available mid.

Then we choose Weedon, I was guttet - not because we got Weedon, but that we didn't get Black.

Time will tell of course on the Black V Weedon choice, but a local Key Position Fwd rated highly by a number of judges had slipped and we passed.

Yeah, I'm praying he gets over his OP by next season and can start oplaying a few games.

With him, Petrie and Lachie Hansen up forward and that young midfield feeding them, suddenly we look very, very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What trades will happen then give me one good reason why he would go and others can give me a reason why he won't go!

These GC kids must be awesome if they're losing games in the VFL.
Take note of what you wrote there hence the word kids,most around 17 and 18 in the vfl which is full of more seasoned bigger bodies spose you took no notice of swallows game last week 5 goals from the midfield but does'nt matter how much potential you have when your up against older stronger opponents who have been their for eons,how do you think a 17yr old kid with the potential as a crack shot marksman would go if we through him in the middel of afgan pfft.:rolleyes:

Hawthorn were after Griffen that draft and took Roughead thinking we needed KP so badly (we did) that we would take Franklin and Griffen would fall to 5.

Wrong.

Dogs were always going to take Griffen, thay rated him No.1

The expected order was Deledio, Tambling, Griffen, Roughead, Franklin.

Clarko decided the night before the draft that he wanted "the two best talls". So we took Roughead at pick 2. We knew the Dogs would take Griffen and we hoped and accurately predicted that the Tigers would take Tambling so we still got Franklin.

In effect we swapped Tambling for Roughead. :) We would do it again in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Shotties.
No, you've heard people on your board want to trade for them. If BF rumors are players being "linked" to clubs then Vez is also linked the Hawks, Dons, Crows and Tigers.

better add the blues and north in there bud, know that they are keen

Well several clubs being linked to him is rather good position to be in. More the merrier.

Take note of what you wrote there hence the word kids,most around 17 and 18 in the vfl which is full of more seasoned bigger bodies spose you took no notice of swallows game last week 5 goals from the midfield but does'nt matter how much potential you have when your up against older stronger opponents who have been their for eons,how do you think a 17yr old kid with the potential as a crack shot marksman would go if we through him in the middel of afgan pfft.:rolleyes:

I tried to read your sentence and I'm pretty sure you're saying that because they're getting towelled up by everyone's reserves, they've got so much potential.

I'll take the lists with AFL form thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Predictions:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back