Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

The club should have been putting it's feelers out before he was out of contract. He's a queenslander, supported the Lions and he's in the exact age bracket we need. Pretty poor form imo.

He wants us, I feel we need him, surely we could find a spot for him.

The club should have been putting it's feelers out before he was out of contract. He's a queenslander, supported the Lions and he's in the exact age bracket we need. Pretty poor form imo.

Story of our list management really... We could have got him cheaply a year or 2 back but didn't, and instead got Lisle, Martin etc... Im sure they looked at Armitage but geez we have had some bad luck getting the right players in when you would think there were a few windows of opportunity to get guys like Armitage in our team

Story of our list management really... We could have got him cheaply a year or 2 back but didn't, and instead got Lisle, Martin etc... Im sure they looked at Armitage but geez we have had some bad luck getting the right players in when you would think there were a few windows of opportunity to get guys like Armitage in our team

Poor management rather than bad luck. I can understand Beams wanting to stay at Collingwood but the Saints are going nowhere and haven't been for the last few years. Armitage would have been an ideal pick up and easily gettable. Can't see Martin getting a game next year with the inclusion of West. West is better in the ruck and as a forward. Unless we try Martin as a defender I fail to see how he's in our future team.

blame Voss for 'coaching' for his career instead of giving games to Lisle for his development. Lisle really stood up when he had played multiple games in a row. Brown is not needed anymore and hopefully he isn't an automatic in when Close, Paine and Lisle are fit.

I'd really like to see Lisle get a good run, but Brown is probably in his spot. He needs to play senior footy to progress in his footy now. West or Martin is the second forward and ruck with a Staker type as the third tall. He has stood up when Brown has been out. lisle won't be a star forward, but he will provide a couple of goals a game and set up another couple. Can also take good marks. Has stood up late in games and taken important marks when needed.

I was kinda hoping Brown would retire so Lisle could get a run.

As I said earlier, we would have to trade for Armitage. I don't think we would want to do that. Let him stay at the saints for 2 years at the bottom of the ladder than take him as a FA.

Three years... signed until 2016.

If Armitage really wanted to come back to Brisbane you dont think his management would of talked to the Lions before he re-signs for three years?

There seems to be a lot of blame pointed at the club, without any sort of understanding of the machinations of business.
I blame Kerr not targeting Lionel Messi. I mean we can draft him for free under the" Not having been on an AFL list for the past three years rule." What is Kerr doing? Sack him I say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So playing Mayes, Clarke, Yeo, Lester, Golby et al was Vossy "'coaching' for his career"?

Ok.

I keenly anticipate our fleet of young gun forwards dominating the comp this year, rather than being left to rot in the ressies.

he had no one else....He played Black and Brown automatically when they were fit even though they were behind others, particularly Brown IMO is at level or possibly behind Lisle... since Voss has been palmed off we can now start to get some structures in place on field and off field.

he had no one else....He played Black and Brown automatically when they were fit even though they were behind others, particularly Brown IMO is at level or possibly behind Lisle... since Voss has been palmed off we can now start to get some structures in place on field and off field.
Off-field structures were out of Voss's control.

On no planet is Lisle ahead of Brown at the moment. Lisle can probably be good at some point, but he is not the messiah you seem to think he is.

Off-field structures were out of Voss's control.

On no planet is Lisle ahead of Brown at the moment. Lisle can probably be good at some point, but he is not the messiah you seem to think he is.

You talking about the same Brown as I am? He could barely move or provide a contest this year... I've lost count the amount of times posters on here were asking for his head this year for those very reasons... I never said Lisle was the next messiah but I do believe he can provide more than Brown can at this stage. Would rather see Close have a go before Lisle but he is not ready yet. We will see how Leppa goes, I have a feeling he will use Brown like how GWS used it's mature recruits...

He played a 3 time premiership midfielder, norm smith medalist and brownlow medalist automatically? How dare he, no wonder he was sacked!

You talking about the same Brown as I am? He could barely move or provide a contest this year... I've lost count the amount of times posters on here were asking for his head this year for those very reasons... I never said Lisle was the next messiah but I do believe he can provide more than Brown can at this stage. Would rather see Close have a go before Lisle but he is not ready yet. We will see how Leppa goes, I have a feeling he will use Brown like how GWS used it's mature recruits...
Lisle is more agile than Brown, but his lack of experience means that he still plays to a lower level than Brown.

Yes, I am talking about the same Brown. He's not nearly what he was, but he's still better thanLisle in my opinion.

Can we just delist Cornelius already?

Maybe he's sitting in the Recycle Bin. Until you delete him from the Recycle Bin he's never really gone.

Poor bloke, was lucky enough to be in the warm up rooms a couple times in recent years prior to games. He has the stickiest hands going around, unfortunately the rubberest chest though... Should be a lesson that if you're going to fail, fail by trying too much, not the other way around.

Round 4 - Polec probably won't even be playing as he'll be up to his usual pre-season injuries.

Round 6 - Longer will play, but in NZ. AFL couldn't bear to see his puppy face burst into tears at the Gabba.

Round 11 - Time to smash Docherty's face into the ground and give him a special special treatment here at the Gabba.

Round 17 - Wow the AFL love us. Yeo back at the Gabba. This should be a great game.

Round 21 - Wonder if the top-line midfielder Karnezis will even get a game, or will rot in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back