Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, why wouldn't you want 1 higher shot than 3. We need quality not quantity on our developing list, when we're cutting guys like o'brien.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

16 isn't guaranteed to be quality. I'll take my chances with the three second rounders.

16 isn't guaranteed to be quality. I'll take my chances with the three second rounders.
When we look like we'll have more second-rounders than we know what to do with I think we could have afforded to do it. Of course if depends of which picks they were after.

Agree, why wouldn't you want 1 higher shot than 3. We need quality not quantity on our developing list, when we're cutting guys like o'brien.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
No way would I have done it. What would you prefer- 3 second rounders or 16, McGuane and O'Brien? I'd take the 3 second rounders for sure.

Rob Kerr tells it how it is.

"I think for players that have been in the competition two years, it's a bit rich to say 'This is where I want to go'.

"From a long term point of view, the fact that we've got six picks inside 34, I think if things work for us on draft night in that second round it gives us a real opportunity to re-shape our list and be reasonably strategic about where we select players and where they fit with us over the longer term," he said.

"So we'll be taking a view to the draft of looking at these players for three to four years down the track, not necessarily for next year."

I reckon that's an interesting point. Project-type players rather than instant-impact players? Or am I reading it wrong?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except perhaps this bit:
From the outside, the club seems to be an attractive suitor. They've got more cash than most to offer, one of the league's best coaches at the helm and the promise of finals footy. Sponsorship opportunities are plentiful in a city with only two teams. Plus, the beaches and the weather leave Melbourne for dead.
(okay, that could be a little harsh on Leppa, but he's not proven himself to be a good or bad coach. the promise of finals footy is also highly debatable... though could probably be viewed as a "chance" of finals footy).

Though this speaks the absolute truth:
Fremantle, like the rest of the interstate sides, usually get lumped with 'regional' assignments like Launceston and Darwin so a Victorian club can make a quick buck.

...and this:
We also wonder whether Fremantle's training facilities are a turn-off for the league's elite. At the end of 2012, with the club mulling whether to upgrade their current base or move to Cockburn, Pavlich described the Fremantle Oval setup as substandard. "Our facility is probably bottom two in the AFL," he lamented, to the surprise of some. The club has since rubber-stamped the move to a new $107 million training base in Success, due to be completed by 2017.

Are we the other in the bottom 2? I guess at least we're only moving to Springfield... and not Cockburn. (tehe)

Loving the photoshopping Caddy2Bundy - so I thought I would do one too. If Luke McGuane ends up a Lion, he'd look something like this -

mcguane_zpsb8e15b42.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back