Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but add
Close
Papperone
Brown
Lisle
Merrett
McGuire
Paine
Mcguane
Luie
Martin
Cornelius
Clarke
Michael
West
Freeman
Bourke

That's 16 players to play 6 positions
Talk about quantity over quality. Perhaps the club has made longer term decisions on some of these guys like Lisle and Martin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

McGuire - final season player
Brown - final season player
Luey - has been fragile
Cornelius - gone

Next year it will be 12 players for 6 positions.... and that's if we resign Martin, Sam Michael and Lisle. If they go you have 9 players for 6 positions which is about right. (touch wood Luey states fit)

You forgot Staker..... If he isn't a Blues man that is

Just saw Kochie gleefully welcoming Polec to Port on Sunrise.Made him sound like a superstar.For some reason I got a bit narky.Not happy Jan. :thumbsdown:

After the dark years we have had, any good news is made out a biug deal.
I know the trade was still not ideal for Brissy. but you would have to admit it seemed Port were the only ones trying to make a fair deal for your player, compared to the other teams you have been dealing with

Pretty misleading analysis there.

Mcguane is no certainty to come to the club, while Cornelius is almost a certainty to be delisted.

Add in the fact that a number of those can and will play down back and in the ruck,there are more than 6 positions going as well. Oh, and for good measure, Michael/Bourke would be rookies and thus not eligible for selection

Yes a very broad brush approach, I appreciate that. The six positions I was referring to are FB,CHB, 2x Ruck, CFH and FF. Granted maybe papperone comes out as he may not be considered KP or ruck. That's still leaves 15 though.

McGuire - final season player
Brown - final season player
Luey - has been fragile
Cornelius - gone

Next year it will be 12 players for 6 positions.... and that's if we resign Martin, Sam Michael and Lisle. If they go you have 9 players for 6 positions which is about right. (touch wood Luey states fit)

You forgot Staker..... If he isn't a Blues man that is

Yeah yeah did forget Staker. It also assumes we don't take any more KP or ruck types in the draft, if we do the number continues to grow. I'm thinking it is an indication of how the club rates Martin and Lisle now. Do they both have another year left on their deals?

Yeah yeah did forget Staker. It also assumes we don't take any more KP or ruck types in the draft, if we do the number continues to grow. I'm thinking it is an indication of how the club rates Martin and Lisle now. Do they both have another year left on their deals?

I suspect you might be right about Martin and Lisle.

Lisle has shown enough in my opinion to think that with an extended run of games he could nail down a spot in the forwardline, but for whatever reason that doesn't seem to be the internal view at the club.

My biggest worry right now is that this varied buffet of KPPs will get us back into that pointless cycle of giving each of them two or three games, then dropping them when they don't instantly perform. I'm totally sick of the key forward merry-go-round.

My biggest worry right now is that this varied buffet of KPPs will get us back into that pointless cycle of giving each of them two or three games, then dropping them when they don't instantly perform. I'm totally sick of the key forward merry-go-round.
I'm hoping our new former KPP senior coach will have a different understandng of KPP development to his predecessor.

I'm hoping our new former KPP senior coach will have a different understandng of KPP development than his predecessor.
And a different game plan. I'm actually pretty happy that they are loading up with big guys because it makes it more likely we will draft predominantly for small/medium players. We have a need for speed.

After the dark years we have had, any good news is made out a biug deal.
I know the trade was still not ideal for Brissy. but you would have to admit it seemed Port were the only ones trying to make a fair deal for your player, compared to the other teams you have been dealing with
Fair enough. Pretty sure you would have felt the same had the situation been reversed though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think our forward line can support both Brown and Lisle, too similar and that is holding Lisle back. I think we have a good group of KPP to test out, it's time to start passing some judgement thought. I hope we play our talls a lot better next year, as goo as Merrett is up forward for us, it's time to give some games to Lisle where possible. Players like him are old enough and developed enough, he isn't getting any bigger or fitter, time to give him a good run so we know if he is of any value going forward.

Players like Paps and close are young enough to still keep developing their bodies and game, so don't need senior games. Someone like Lisle does. I think this is where we have failed with some development with our players.

"St Kilda remains hopeful of securing Brisbane’s Billy Longer in a three-way trade involving GWS before today’s deadline."
GWS pick 21? So what do we give them in return? 25 and 34?

Will laugh so hard if none of Docherty, Yeo, Polec, Longer and Karnezis can break into their respective teams for Round 1.
If memory serves me correctly not too many of our discarded or disgruntled players have set the world alight at their new clubs. Exceptions probably Bolton and Gram who left because they couldnt get a game in our successful years.Buckley of course despite not winning the premiership he craved had a great career.

"St Kilda remains hopeful of securing Brisbane’s Billy Longer in a three-way trade involving GWS before today’s deadline."
Fingers crossed gws come to the party and look after us wife we gifted them pick 14 from port. Perhaps some kind up pick upgrade from 7 - 1? :)

That pick went to Port in the Polec deal.

Unless we're trying to upgrade one of our second rounders to GWS' pick #14 I'm not really sure how this will work.

Does anyone else find this whole St Kilda trade really unseemly? They have two picks in a range that would get them Longer for a cheap price, and they're insisting on paying less than unders for him.

There've been plenty of clubs who don't appear to have negotiated with us in good faith, but right now they are top of the list.

GWS sent pick 21 to Port yesterday as part of the Polec trade.

Sounds like St Kilda want to tie in the Bruce and Longer trades.

Maybe:

StK: (in) Longer, Bruce. (out) pick 19.
Brisbane: (in) pick 19. (out) Longer, pick 34.
GWS: (in) pick 34. (out) Bruce.

NFI really.

Wonder if Brissy are after Sam Darley from GWS?

There were a few unconfirmed whispers Brisbane were talking about a GWS player today, and just then Silvagni said their was a non-melb based club interested in Darley......

He'd be a great acquisition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back