Mega Thread Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread #1

img-thing

Axel. said:
Re: Trade Talk (not draft talk)
Sherman for Houli is a reasonable trade? You feeling alright?

We won't trade for him, so if he's available at our pick we'll take him. If not then i don't really care. We can live without him.
Sherman's done about twice as much as Houli. Sherman's probably been lucky to keep his spot a few times, Houli's been unlucky not to get a spot at times. Not that I'd be complaining at all.

This is pretty interesting.

Pick 11 and 13? :D

That would be the offer put forward...but interesting is that brenna hasn't came out strong and declared his prefered club. It looks like a few clubs will fight for his services to keep the GC honest, much like the F&S new rule.

So here is how things can go in our favour.

1) Carlton go hard and put up adelaides 1st pick #12 (ie Walker) and either and their 1st pick (with a 2nd round exchange), or a player.
2) Or essendon, go heaps hard and offer their 1st round for Brennan and the lions 2nd round.

I really think the lions can play on the GC's multitude of 1st rounds picks (ie. it won't hurt as much from them to lose one as it would other teams), and make a big play for #9 or #7. Knowing that they have already yaken risky off us they may give in and reward us with a good pick. Eitherway the GC will get the same amount of 1st round pick after giving one up for brennan and they may give a really good one up early to avoid the late trade week 2 way deals.

Whilst I know trade week throws up a heap of crap (given Vossy's efforts last year and the inherited cap issues you guys seem to be at the centre of a stack of them), there are BF rumours that Freo is interested in Clark. Do you guys know anything on this and if so what do you think would need to put on the table. ? Palmer and our 2nd pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I know trade week throws up a heap of crap (given Vossy's efforts last year and the inherited cap issues you guys seem to be at the centre of a stack of them), there are BF rumours that Freo is interested in Clark. Do you guys know anything on this and if so what do you think would need to put on the table. ? Palmer and our 2nd pick?

Pretty sure this one is crap.

Regardless, he is clearly one of our most important young players and was extremely unlucky not to get AA selection last year.

He is also contracted, and the Lions would simply just keep him unless they got an extremely tempting offer i.e. not Palmer and your second rounder.

Absoulte crap...when you considered that a unproven player like gorringe if being touted as a top 10 pick...the lions won't settled for less. The fact is Freo are way off the mark and their good finish has left them with big decisions like the lions last season. Firstly, Hill won'y move interstate and neither will Freo trade him. Secondly, they just have no trade bargaining power to try recruiting a ruckman/utility player like Clarke.

Lions very interested in Brad Sewell.

Interesting...but consider that Brad has been building his media career in melbourne on the footy shows. If that is his plans then Lions is not a option.

I actually hope the lions do a GC trade with brennan for pick 15 & Myles...so maybe there is some sense in this...still, unlikely

Yes please! Then get pick 11 and Miles Sewell from the Gold Coast for Bizzle :thumbsu:

...then on-trade 11 to the Cats (who need to free up some cap space cos GAJ decides to stay, meaning GC goes hell for leather for JBiz) for Varcoe.

Sewell x 2 + Varcoe = instant midfield. ;)
</fantasy>

From what I hear there's only strong interest at this stage, can't fathom what we would have to offer - perhaps Shermo packaged up, but with his salary and the stars already there it could be tricky

The same postie reckons Ladson is off to Tigerland for Tambling. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back