Mega Thread Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

do you think either st kilda or hawthron would trade their first round picks for sherman

he would be a really good fit at either club because they are both really good teams

if Vossy walks away from this draft with lest players then draft picks I will be pissed...but I do hope someone locks the little ranger up

power-rangers_turborangerjpg.jpeg
?

or

The%20Lone%20Ranger.jpg

Looks like the Brennan saga will continue for a while into trade week....

Carlton want #14 from the Crows for Jacobs and want to then pass that onto you for Brennan. Trying to outbid GC17's #15!

Will be interesting, as I know we are very keen to land Brennan.

Also on Tambling....

Seems to be a few clubs interested. Us included. There has been talk of a swap for Grigg, should he decide not to sign on or a 3 way deal involving the Dogs, as they want Walker.

I think it might come down to what brennan wants, as I'm sure he is keen on GC so he doesn't have to move and gets great money. He won't get the same kind of offer from Carlton.

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds by the end of trade week.

True,

I heard it reported that you are not very keen to deal with GC due to the Rischetelli poach.

Carlton have the $ spare if they need to pay for him, I think he would be a great addition to our side.

True,

I heard it reported that you are not very keen to deal with GC due to the Rischetelli poach.

Carlton have the $ spare if they need to pay for him, I think he would be a great addition to our side.

Yeah...and GC are acting all cool. Mind games the lot of 'em.

Plenty have said before that they will be very, very, very surprised if Brennan heads anywhere with cold weather.

True,

I doubt the Lions would stop trading with the GC because of a poach, especially if the GC were putting forward the best offer.

I wonder if Carlton would package say picks 18 and 14 together for Brennan and Sherman, maybe we could throw in a late pick (say a third rounder) to get it done. They are probably paying overs for Sherman but unders for Brennan, although that deal may need to be evened up a bit.

14 + 18 = Brennan + 3rd Pick + Sherman (plus we pay some salary)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt the Lions would stop trading with the GC because of a poach, especially if the GC were putting forward the best offer.

Yeah, not the time to get precious. Kerr is smarter than that.

I think PooMonkey's assessment in that regard is tainted by hopeium.

We may be thinking "they poached Rischa, if they want Brennan, they are going to pay" but they definitely wouldn't be saying "Wahh wah, stuff those big meanies down the road! Let's not trade with them!"

Looks like the Brennan saga will continue for a while into trade week....

Carlton want #14 from the Crows for Jacobs and want to then pass that onto you for Brennan. Trying to outbid GC17's #15!

I know there is history with clubs parting ways with early picks for ruckmen, but how does a rookie listed(?) ruckmen, who is relatively untried - demand the same as a proven match winning utility?

Stranger things have happened. I would be surprised if Jacobs went for a high pick like that, but a player is only worth what a club is willing to pay. If the Crows really want a ruckman and really like Jacobs, they may well pay above his 'market value' to make sure they get him.

apparantly sherman is a done deal and going to richmond, dont know the trade details though. i rated sherman but how do you lions fans rate him?

He guys, sorry to intrude. Not sure if this has been asked before, but i can't see myself reading through all the trade talk on here. Fairly big rumor in melb about drummond wanting out and the dogs as his preferred option. Saw a post earlier about his contact terms being agreed on. Can anyone shed any light?

He guys, sorry to intrude. Not sure if this has been asked before, but i can't see myself reading through all the trade talk on here. Fairly big rumor in melb about drummond wanting out and the dogs as his preferred option. Saw a post earlier about his contact terms being agreed on. Can anyone shed any light?

Nooooo.............................................................YEESSSS

All but signed with the Lions from all reports. With Brennan and Sherman leaving money isn't the problem it apparently once was.

Drummond himself squashed rumours a little ago saying he has no problems and had been away on holidays. Said he hasn't spoken to anyone, nor his manager and the reports that he is asking for more money are flat out lies. Despite this, the media have still run with stories that we can't afford him and he is seeking a trade.

The fact that we haven't announced any players resigning is probably helping fuel any speculation. But with the squeeze on our salary cap and players leaving, I think it's more of a case of being careful and making use of any space we have. The club also won't know how much space they have to offer players like Drummond to finalize their contracts until trade week when we know for sure what players are leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back