Mega Thread Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if he had nominated for the draft last year he would not have been eligible to play as an overage player in the U18 carnival this year. I could be wrong but I thought that was something that was taken into account.

Cant wait till trade week has been and gone and all this about Rick and Clark leaving is cleared up and we finally find out what we are getting for Brennan and Sherman.
:thumbsu: Agreed, though i am a sucker for trade week...
and draft night to add to that...

Watching the grand final it looks like the Saints need another forward to help Riewoldt out. With Kosi being played in the ruck and King/Gardiner retiring should we offer Fev to them?

Pick 24 for Fev?

Your selling off everybody....what is this the super draft of all super drafts.

Having Fev and Brown as your primary targets is still pretty darn handy. I'm still looking to win as many games as possible next year. Are you?

Your selling off everybody....what is this the super draft of all super drafts.

Having Fev and Brown as your primary targets is still pretty darn handy. I'm still looking to win as many games as possible next year. Are you?

Of course i want to win as many games as possible. We aren't going to win a premiership any time soon so what's the point in having him? Especially for no much money.

I'd rather Brown with Clark and Acorn playing.

IMO St.Kilda still have 1-2 years on the top and they could really benefit with another 80+ goal forward.

IMO St.Kilda still have 1-2 years on the top and they could really benefit with another 80+ goal forward.

Agreed, they clearly need another key forward and I would be very open to off-loading him, even if it meant we paid some of his salary. I would literally take anything off the Saints if they were interested, although I highly doubt any of the other 16 clubs would want Fevola now, let alone St Kilda.

No would not trade pick 24 for Fevola, we paid Henderson and Pick 12 for him.

Would not be adverse to trading him though.

Would need a higher draft pick, so pick 24 + other first rounder.

No would not trade pick 24 for Fevola, we paid Henderson and Pick 12 for him.

Would not be adverse to trading him though.

Would need a higher draft pick, so pick 24 + other first rounder.

How about Fev for pick 24 but they pay his salary or Fev for pick 24 + Armitage/Steven and we pay about 30% of his salary?

If we were ever going to trade fev and i dont think we will (cannot see vossy throwing the towel up on that trade just yet) I believe pick 24 + Armitage (because ppl here seem to think we should get him, no idea why) and they can pay all of Fevs salary. Im sure he would be on there veteran list anyway? If Gardiner's contract is up this year...they would dump him and have mcevoy and kosi in the ruck.

If Brisbane trade Fev for way less than they paid for him (or fired him) the wolves will be waiting. Voss will be eaten alive (not that there much meat left on his bones at the moment).

Obviously Fev's value has gone down since this time last year. His serious injury and his poor form are not something that will be ignored. If we traded Fev for Armitage i'd consider that a pretty good trade. Armitage is only 22 and would have 6 or 7 years of possible stardom in our midfield!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just remember, getting rid of Henderson, Bradshaw, Rischitelli, Brennan, Pick 12 etc. for Fevola is now a sunk cost. Even though it absolutely tears you up inside to think about, we need to now do what is best for the club from right NOW. I think getting armitage would be ideal, however i don't think the club will get rid of him.

Armitage will be playing in South East QLD next year but it won't be in maroon, blue and gold.

I think this is probably true TBD. However, if we approached St Kilda in trade week and offered Fev for Armitage & pick 24 it would be too good for them to refuse. Fev could be the missing piece in their premiership puzzle. Although i highly doubt we will offer Fev to the Saints, only wishful thinking..

I think this is probably true TBD. However, if we approached St Kilda in trade week and offered Fev for Armitage & pick 24 it would be too good for them to refuse.

Unless he has already signed with the Coast.

Fevola is staying Armitage is crap done nothing special to have him in my side.

QLD's favourites get the hell over it he does nothing in the VFL so his crap.

I think this is probably true TBD. However, if we approached St Kilda in trade week and offered Fev for Armitage & pick 24 it would be too good for them to refuse. Fev could be the missing piece in their premiership puzzle. Although i highly doubt we will offer Fev to the Saints, only wishful thinking..

IMO, I would be right in their ear about that. Then down grade to 3rd or 4th rounder. Kosi was an embarrassment yesterday. Every time the Saints went forward it was to a 2 on 1 because Kois's man could zone because he is so slow. If the Saints are going to win a flag they need a lead up FF - & Fevo is the best.

Fevo back 2 Melbourne, the Saints win a flag, we move on & every one is happy.

Right now I would even pay half his wage 4 the next 2 years. Ross Lyon would be in it. Be real. This whole deal with Fev is a major cluster f&$k. Cut our losses & move on.

IMO, I would be right in their ear about that. Then down grade to 3rd or 4th rounder. Kosi was an embarrassment yesterday. Every time the Saints went forward it was to a 2 on 1 because Kois's man could zone because he is so slow. If the Saints are going to win a flag they need a lead up FF - & Fevo is the best.

Fevo back 2 Melbourne, the Saints win a flag, we move on & every one is happy.

Right now I would even pay half his wage 4 the next 2 years. Ross Lyon would be in it. Be real. This whole deal with Fev is a major cluster f&$k. Cut our losses & move on.

IMO, there are too many people here who think it's an easy task moving Fev on to another club. His image is just shot to pieces - irrespective of whether some of the accusations are true or not - and if a team were to take him on, they would be taking a far bigger risk than we did when we signed him up. I know St Kilda may need someone like Fev in their forward line to improve their chances of clinching a Premiership, but I am very doubtful they would even entertain the idea for the previously mentioned reasons.

IMO, there are too many people here who think it's an easy task moving Fev on to another club. His image is just shot to pieces - irrespective of whether some of the accusations are true or not - and if a team were to take him on, they would be taking a far bigger risk than we did when we signed him up. I know St Kilda may need someone like Fev in their forward line to improve their chances of clinching a Premiership, but I am very doubtful they would even entertain the idea for the previously mentioned reasons.

The Saints have won 1 flag in their history. If they thought Fev could help take that to 2 - every thing else is incidental.:)

As much as I think the Saints need a key forward if they are to make the step to winning the GF, coupled with my own desire for us to be rid of Fevola, the whole Andrew Lovett affair and players with questionable persona's will definitely mean the Saints won't touch Fev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back