List Mgmt. Trade Targets 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked a Collingwood supporter and on the Collingwood board their thoughts on Broomhead. I was surprised that they all liked him and thought he was a classy player if he could ever get some continuity. I assume he would have re signed with Collingwood by now if that was his attention. He's not a big need on our list but if his body remains intact he should at least do what Toumpas was supposed to do. I think he will be at Port next year and it should be a pretty cheap and painless deal. Just the vibe.
I like you, I like you a lot - make it happen.
I reckon there will be a swap of players...

I reckon teams will be making enquiries about Aaron Young, now I in no way want to loose him - BUT, I reckon that if the right price was offered... we would pull the trigger.

IF we were offered a pick in the early 20s, would we jump?

We are going to have to let quality go to bring in quality picks and or players - the reality is that Lobbe, Oshea and the likes are not going to demand a price of any value whereas Youngy just might.

Rather keep young. A highish pick would be nice but I don't know if I wanna take a pick like 22 and try to find another Aaron young. Think young is a player we should keep and see how he feels next year. To be honest maybe he doesn't hold up great form but who knows.

A pick in the 20s would be tempting, but only if we plan to use the pick on a KPF or inside mid who slides. We don't want to trade Aaron Young for a pick we use to draft a player who spends 4 or 5 years developing into Aaron Young. We need to actually gain something from the trade.

Agree

I would only trade young if we needed to use him to bring in a proven player we wanted

I think we'd be into Stevie Motlop, I just don't know how we'd get the deal done. He's not worth a first pick and we have no second. Third club would have to be involved.
Geelong posters think he's worth top 10, I personally don't think he is and I'd be disappointed if we traded pick 8 for Motlop.

Motlop

Hmmmm

We really need an upgrade on outside wingmen and forward half players who have better footskills. And I'm not sure if his skills are great but he would be a huge upgrade over Neade. Also guys like Toumpas, sam gray etc in terms of skills.

Having said that I wouldn't want to part with a high pick for him. Maybe 2nd round which we don't have. Lobbe to team X , pick to Geelong and Motlop to port? But don't know what he would cost. If it's too much hell no.

I would be heavily in favour of turning lobbe into Motlop , and Oshea into broomhead if those deals could work at all.

Think it would help us in some areas of weakness
I'd rather we give the arse to Lobbe and O'Shea, forget Broomhead and Motlop, and grab some picks in the draft. Larfin.

What about Brad McKenzie from North? Could be a pretty cheap pick up and we could sure use his good kick coming out of defence.
I feel there are more pressing concerns then Half back flankers.

Broadbent, Pittard,Krakour, DBJ and Bonner is definitely enough cover.

On SEN this afternoon, that spanner Andy Maher suggested that O'Meara was being treated by the NMFC doctors, as he had been unable to get his knee right while being looked after by the GC. Alluded that NMFC was his most likely destination...and then backtracked to say that in fact, he wasn't sure about whether NMFC were looking after him or not. Come to think about it myself, I can't be sure that he was even talking about O'Meara...might have been Swallow?

True enough - based on the above, how can we? They don't even believe what they say themselves :drunk:

It is David Swallow, not O'Meara.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind Motlop, he'd add some pace and tricks we need. From a winning environment too. Geelong aren't total ****sticks in trading but still not sure we could get the deal done with what we have.

Interestingly talk was they wanted to draft Broadbent back in the day, we pipped them and they took Motlop who we were linked to. But unlike so many here, I like Broadbent and would be reluctant to offer him up.

I wouldn't mind Motlop, he'd add some pace and tricks we need. From a winning environment too. Geelong aren't total ****sticks in trading but still not sure we could get the deal done with what we have.

Interestingly talk was they wanted to draft Broadbent back in the day, we pipped them and they took Motlop who we were linked to. But unlike so many here, I like Broadbent and would be reluctant to offer him up.

I like Motlop too - but geez, as I suggested / considered / fluked before he went to the Cats, I wish we had've somehow plucked Stanley a couple of years ago instead. I can't see them wanting too much from us - player wise - so I find it difficult to think we could get it done. I would think that Trevor Broke would be the only real "wish" that they might have directly from us?

After posting, I thought so too...but then I came across this:
You may still be right regarding Swallow being treated by NMFC Doctors though...

View attachment 281295

David Swallow said he is also open to being traded to us, according to Ralph of the Herald Sun. Wouldn't mind both lads although it would be a logistical nightmare to get them both in (not cap, but facilitating trades), especially Swallow given he is contracted for next season.

If a player doesn't want to be somewhere, it doesn't usually pan out well for the club to try and prevent them going.

I feel there are more pressing concerns then Half back flankers.

Broadbent, Pittard,Krakour, DBJ and Bonner is definitely enough cover.

Krak uncontracted is he trade bait?
Broady definitely trade bait
Jasper prone to being Jasper
DBJ small defender
Bonner gets first run today

Quality and depth is an issue for now. We have pressing concerns everywhere.

this has been out for a while hasn't it? he's completely lost faith in the GC medico's as he should.

goes to show some players can say no to the club. hey @ essendon

Yeah, I would say it is very unorthodox to have an opposition club treat one of your players during the off-season. There were a lot of rumours going around in March/April that Swallow would be traded during the post season, but that was a long time before the O'Meara/Prestia news.

I think Prestia and O'Meara leaving would make it harder for GC to allow Swallow to leave due to him being contracted. I'd be pretty happy if we could land O'Meara, even if posed some risk due to his injury problems.

Apparently the crows want rid of Jacobs according to their board .
Lol, he's clearly still being hampered by his ankle. He can't jump at the moment, I'll take him off their hands thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back