List Mgmt. Trade Targets 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It [Gravity] very well could be bullshit and instead just be effects of space-time curvature. Probably the perfect example that things aren't always what they seem at a close glance, tbh.
:huh:
Am I in some weird time warp? I am trying to make sense of the bold comment.
That IS what causes gravity .... The effects of space-time curvature!!! Which in turn is caused by the uneven distribution of mass or energy.

Geez ... when does the footy start?

That IS what causes gravity .... The effects of space-time curvature!!! Which in turn is caused by the uneven distribution of mass or energy.

No, gravity was introduced as a force by Newton to describe the acceleration of objects towards each other. Einstein's work on space-time indicated that gravity was a fictitious force (analogous to the centrifugal force) and that objects were moving along their "natural" space-time lines. We just use the term "gravity" because it's what we are used to, but if Einstein's space-time work is accurate (which it very much looks like it is) then that word refers to an incorrect concept.

No, gravity was introduced as a force by Newton to describe the acceleration of objects towards each other. Einstein's work on space-time indicated that gravity was a fictitious force (analogous to the centrifugal force) and that objects were moving along their "natural" space-time lines. We just use the term "gravity" because it's what we are used to, but if Einstein's space-time work is accurate (which it very much looks like it is) then that word refers to an incorrect concept.
LOL .. Are you serious? Its all semantics mate ... it doesnt matter what causes it, whether Newton's theory, or Einstein's ideas. Newton didnt invent the word!! It will always be called gravity ... Gravity, from the Latin = 'movement, or a tendency to move.'

Thats what it is, irrespective of theories as to its cause!

LOL .. Are you serious? Its all semantics mate ... it doesnt matter what causes it, whether Newton's theory, or Einstein's ideas. Newton didnt invent the word!! It will always be called gravity ... Gravity, from the Latin = 'movement, or a tendency to move.'

Thats what it is, irrespective of theories as to its cause!
I see where you're coming from and you're not entirely incorrect, but it does matter what causes it as they are two different mechanisms and only one is correct. And that was the point of my original post - which probably needed to be worded in more detail - that sometimes general descriptions that appear to fit often don't hold up under closer scrutiny. This point probably assumes the knowledge that cosmologists refrain from using the phrase "gravity" too often to avoid the force described by Newton and the by-effect theorised by Einstein.

Man I must of failed science gravity to me was objects magnetic pull of other matter. Bigger the mass stronger the gravitational pull.

Man I must of failed science gravity to me was objects magnetic pull of other matter. Bigger the mass stronger the gravitational pull.
Actually ALL forms of energy cause "gravitation", including matter, gas, and even light. Newton theorized it as a magnetic "force", but that has since been proven incorrect. Gravitation is merely the result/effect of space-time curvature.

Would be nice if the club used this principle to attract some top talent to to the playing list! ;)

Space and time does relate to footy.
So too does speed and endurance.

I'm out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back