List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold Coast are looking for experienced players in the 27-plus age range.

Sam Gray fits the bill. Ryder too. Tom Jonas....
Sure trade them (I'd trade all 3 to anyone end of this year), but that's icing on any deal to get Luko.

Worth a 3rd round pick if we get someone tired at the end of the day. Whatever value he had, has been flushed down the shitter by Ken.

I'm not saying yes or no for any of these, but these are the players that'd interest GC, if they'd agree to at least 3 year contracts there:
Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Wines, SPP, DBJ, Clurey, Hayes, Houston, Burton, Howard, Ladhams, Lycett, Marshall.

Of those only Rozee and Wines would be ballpark for not much pick manipulation required. Trading a tall for Luko from that list wouldn't be great, since we're already down at least one on KPD's (and Jonas and makeshift Westhoff is near the end on top of that), similarly Hayes and Marshall is a case of sure Luko is likely to be better, but not so much that it's worth it, since we need more talls of quality that can play forward, not a good one for a bit better (potentially) good one.

Lycett is the interesting one there. GC would take him for 4 years and pay a reasonable price and we'd cover easily enough. Of course it's not Playstation trading, so he's not going to go there 1 year after 'getting home'.

So us offering them Sam Gray, Matthew Broadbent and Cam Sutcliffe for one of the best prospects to come out of SA footy in years who could be our next Tredrea is an acceptable trade?

Okey Dokey
Way to misread it. Any non-small on our list is acceptable for us to put up IMO. Putting up old and/or bit part players would get the ridicule deserved. I'm saying, to pick a Bigfooty favourite, a trade where GC says Houston + a pick for Luko we should jump on. We have to offer (young) quality to get quality.

Of course it is. But if Adelaide are going to throw pick 3/4/whatever plus Betts/Mackay/whoever to get Luko we’d have to package up some players they’d want with a pick to trump them.
Trade rule #1 for real trades. Quantity <> Quality. No real trade offer should have a difference of more than 1 between the total of picks and players from both clubs. E.g. no offering 4 players for 1.

Trade rule #1 for real trades. Quantity <> Quality. No real trade offer should have a difference of more than 1 between the total of picks and players from both clubs. E.g. no offering 4 players for 1.

I wasn’t offering 4 players, merely pointing out suitable candidates that might get it done. I thought that was fairly obvious.

I reckon Luko to the crows for pick 2 is just about guaranteed unfortunately.

Our best hope is that he waits until next year IMO.

Of course it is. But if Adelaide are going to throw pick 3/4/whatever plus Betts/Mackay/whoever to get Luko we’d have to package up some players they’d want with a pick to trump them.
Adelaide aren't gaining any trade value throwing in a finished player.... Adelaide don't have a huge amount of currency they'd be willing to trade out EXCEPT the Carlton pick.

Who in Adelaide would command a first rounder? Doedee, Fog and Milera could be, no one else would.... Crouch brothers could go late 1st too.

Adelaide aren't gaining any trade value throwing in a finished player.... Adelaide don't have a huge amount of currency they'd be willing to trade out EXCEPT the Carlton pick.

Who in Adelaide would command a first rounder? Doedee, Fog and Milera could be, no one else would.... Crouch brothers could go late 1st too.

They have the Carlton pick though. That already puts them in front of us.

They have the Carlton pick though. That already puts them in front of us.
Agreed, but we could trump that with our assets.

Not that I personally wanna.

Pick around 10 and a genuine quality kid would beat 4 and steak knives. I believe it's the top 2 which hold serious value, not 3 onwards...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly haven't seen enough from Lukosius yet. I seen more from Marshall in his first couple games that told me he had serious KPF potential.
Lukosious reminds me of a Jack Watts type of player. He will likely be that type rather then a key position player watching what I have of him and the build he is. I could be wrong though.

Based on??
The fact that Gold Coast will take pick 2 for him in a heartbeat given he is likely to just leave soon after anyway.

I don't see why he would say "I refuse to go to the Crows" if he wants to come back to Adelaide so much that he would leave after one year. Though it is certainly possible.

I reckon Luko to the crows for pick 2 is just about guaranteed unfortunately.

Our best hope is that he waits until next year IMO.
The fact that Gold Coast will take pick 2 for him in a heartbeat given he is likely to just leave soon after anyway.

I don't see why he would say "I refuse to go to the Crows" if he wants to come back to Adelaide so much that he would leave after one year. Though it is certainly possible.

That's hardly something you can "gaurantee"

A) The Crows aren't even 'guaranteed' to have pick 2
B) The Suns drafted Lukosius with pick 2 less than a year ago, what would they have to gain by trading him straight back out again for another pick 2 in a worse draft?

Adelaide doesn't have pick 2 and are very unlikely to get pick 2. I agree gold coast would love 1 and 2 for besties Anderson and Rowell. Melbourne or gill are much more likely to provide 2.

Last edited:
A) The Crows aren't even 'guaranteed' to have pick 2
B) The Suns drafted Lukosius with pick 2 less than a year ago, what would they have to gain by trading him straight back out again for another pick 2 in a worse draft?
I never guaranteed anything. I said “just about guaranteed” meaning “quite likely” IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back