List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's lucky we persisted with Dan Houston as a medium forward. Imagine if he had been moved into defence or funnier still onto the ball. I could have understood him walking out in the face of such madness.
Didn't Houston have to ask the coaches to play him down back?

It's lucky we persisted with Dan Houston as a medium forward. Imagine if he had been moved into defence or funnier still onto the ball. I could have understood him walking out in the face of such madness.

Howard is an AFL level defender.
Houston was a pretty average fwd, needed to switch to save his career.
The 2 don't correlate at all.

Howard is an AFL level defender.
Houston was a pretty average fwd, needed to switch to save his career.
The 2 don't correlate at all.
Houston was pretty good when he started as an SANFL forward flanker.

Was his 1st year also so he didn't need to save anything. He's just way better as a defender.

And what about persisting with Ladhams when anyone who knows anything about football could tell he was a spud after two seasons and should be delisted? How do these guys keep their jobs?

Howard should be a better player than he is but I see that as a player issue more than a coaching issue.

If we trade out Howard, it’s a club initiated move. He’s got 3 years to run ffs. Same deal with Wines.

If he led the league in goal assists he wouldn’t have had to ask 🤪

Anyway, back on Fantasia for a sec...

The problem we have is that any player with a bit of flair and attacking potency we bring in seems to be immediately robbed of that. I have no doubt the player we target will not be the player we get, even if it is the same person.

We really need a genuine forward coach who can work with the midfield coach.

Maybe Hinkley has used up all his credits for more assistance and no soup for him.

Anyway, back on Fantasia for a sec...

The problem we have is that any player with a bit of flair and attacking potency we bring in seems to be immediately robbed of that. I have no doubt the player we target will not be the player we get, even if it is the same person.

Robbie Gray has been robbed of flair?

Connor Rozee has been robbed of flair?

Just because we ask our players to put in a shift in defence doesn't mean they can't express themselves when they've got the ball in hand. It's like if you went to the zoo and saw the lions wandering around in their enclosure. You might think to yourself 'Poor lions, they're stuck in that small space' from one side of the fence...but put yourself on the other side of the fence and see if you're still thinking the same way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie Gray has been robbed of flair?

Connor Rozee has been robbed of flair?

Just because we ask our players to put in a shift in defence doesn't mean they can't express themselves when they've got the ball in hand. It's like if you went to the zoo and saw the lions wandering around in their enclosure. You might think to yourself 'Poor lions, they're stuck in that small space' from one side of the fence...but put yourself on the other side of the fence and see if you're still thinking the same way.

Any player WE BRING IN.

They've been with us since the start.

Why isn’t Tredrea at the club working with forwards? Politics?

He may have said once he's never been asked but that was in the context of providing some individual assistance.

I think he has said he doesn't have time for full time involvement. He is one person who would have the credibility with supporters to get in and make changes. At the moment it's just advice from the sidelines.

At the end of the day, if he really wants to do something meaningful he is going to have to saddle up and ride into town.

He may have said once he's never been asked but that was in the context of providing some individual assistance.

I think he has said he doesn't have time for full time involvement. He is one person who would have the credibility with supporters to get in and make changes. At the moment it's just advice from the sidelines.

At the end of the day, if he really wants to do something meaningful he is going to have to saddle up and ride into town.

Maybe he should just rock up with Jack and see if they can do some work experience.

Goodness me you have to go back to a guy who last played good in 2015 to find an example.

I am thinking more current like Motlop, Dixon, Rockliff
Inventing your own stats here!

Maybe they were BAD recruits to start with .... Blaming the club for them not being stars is so LOL-worthy!

Maybe they were BAD recruits to start with .... Blaming the club for them not being stars is so LOL-worthy!

Oh come on, all of them have way less offensive potency at Port than their previous clubs. I ain't inventing anything. Whether or not they were bad recruits is a separate issue, but it also doesn't have to be either/or.

It's almost as if you believe shit culture, crap game style & loser mentality doesn't affect players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back