Trade Week. 10-17 October.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listed below are players that are currently out of contract, or at least for now, names in the mix for possible trades.
I'll take out players that may sign or happen to be delisted in the meantime and add players that whichever way get named as trade-bait, irrespective of my own opinion.

Out of contract:
Waite
Lucas
Bower
Davies
O'hAilpin
Austin........Delisted 11.10 T.B.C.
Kerr

Contracted Trade Bait:
McLean

Draft Picks:
98 Dylan Buckley (Actual pick though will not be confirmed until we upgrade rookies and finalize trades)

Players associated with Carlton:
Dylan Roberton
Brian Lake
Koby Stevens

Please put forward any names that you may know Carlton to be seriously and realistically looking at.
I will update as we go along.

2011 NAB AFL DRAFT KEY DATES

Monday October 10 - Monday October 17 (2pm) - AFL exchange period, including GWS zone incentive trading rules.

Thursday October 13 (2pm) - GWS nomination deadline of uncontracted players.

Monday October 17 (2.10pm) - GWS zone incentive selections.

Monday October 31 - Club list lodgement one.

Friday November 11 (2pm) - Out of contract primary list player draft nomination deadline. New or expired player draft nomination deadline. Nomination of use of compensatory selection at the 2011 NAB AFL Draft by clubs that lose a player to GWS.

Wednesday November 16 - Club list lodgement two.

Friday November 18 (2pm) - Delisted primary list player draft nomination deadline. Non-retained rookie player draft nomination deadline. Gold Coast to nominate priority zone Queensland selections. GWS to nominate NSW/ACT zone and NT access players.

Wednesday November 23 or Thursday November 24 - NAB AFL Draft.

Tuesday November 29 (2pm) - Out of contract primary list player draft nomination deadline. International player rookie list nomination deadline. Players not registered or played for three years rookie list nomination deadline. Scholarship and international scholarship rookie list nomination deadline.

Wednesday November 30 - Club list lodgement three.

Tuesday December 6 - Delisted primary list player draft nomination deadline. GWS to nominate previously listed players or players previously nominated for the draft.

Tuesday December 13 - NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (10am). Brisbane Lions/Gold Coast/ Sydney Swans and GWS nomination of pre-selected rookies. NAB AFL Rookie Draft (10.15am)

From the rumours point of view:
- Dylan Roberton

Sorry to butt in ..but Dylan Roberton is rumoured to be looking for a trade to the Blues.

Never heard of the guy, any info on him?

EDIT: have just looked him up and says he is a 20y.o. defender at 191cm. How does he play? i.e. rebounding defender, solid in one-on-ones, etc?

Listed below are players that are currently out of contract, or at least for now, names in the mix for possible trades.
I'll take out players that may sign or happen to be delisted in the meantime and add players that whichever way get named as trade-bait, irrespective of my own opinion.

Out of contract:
Waite
Lucas
Bower
Davies
Thornton
O'hAilpin
Austin
Kerr

Contracted Trade Bait:
Russell
McLean

Draft Picks:
80 TBC
98 TBC

Players associated with Carlton:
Goddard
Roberton

Please put forward any names that you may know Carlton to be seriously and realistically looking at.
I will update as we go along.

Carlton have picks 22, 41, 59, 77 & 95 ;)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/complete-2011-draft-order/story-fn69a32t-1226157936865

Here_we_go_%27round_the_Mulberry_Bush.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of those picks is already committed to Dylan Buckley. Which one we'll find out after the bidding. Who knows, there might be more than one F/S this year.

I'll strike it out as we go along.

Hypothetical: If we traded away our first three selections, could we then use our fourth for Buckley?
Doesn't sound right but I don't recall when the FS nominations need to be lodged.

I'll strike it out as we go along.

Hypothetical: If we traded away our first three selections, could we then use our fourth for Buckley?
Doesn't sound right but I don't recall when the FS nominations need to be lodged.

Don't make me pull out my mulberry bush again :mad:

F/S bidding occurs before trading.

What position does roberton play

From Fremantle site:

Roberton has struggled to cement his position in the Fremantle team in 2011 after a good debut season in 2010 in which he played 13 games.
Displays good run and carry and quality disposal playing from half-back and a bright future beckons for the young Victorian.
Draft history: 2009 NAB AFL Draft 3rd round selection (Fremantle) No. 49 overall.

20 years of age
191 cm.
82 kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back