Trades- Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going Foley down to Curnow and upgrading Batchelor to Suckling. I was really strong on Suckling during the pre season, but just couldn't pick him. However, his strong start to the season has changed my tune. Batchelor really doesn't look like a DT player, and I can't even see him toppling the 200k this season, which isn't enough for a cash cow. Is the Ben Griffiths of 2011.

OK.

Took a risk and traded M. Morton to Dawes. I think with the exceptional delivery to the Collingwood forwards, and his ability to work up the ground and gather possessions, as well as lay tackles, could see him average a handy 85-90 as a 6th/7th forward.

Now, I really want to jump on the Curnow or Libba train. Possible options are Harris (no), Heppell (no), Duncan (no, he's started OK), Bewick (looking like an OK cash cow), D Swallow (most likely) or Krakouer (sub last week, and never been a massive DTer).

Should I hold firm, or trade one of those listed above to Curnow or Libba? Thoughts and reasons please!
I'm desperately needing advice!!

pulled the trigger on atley -> curnow, gonna hang onto foley for a bit longer

still tossing up over yarran > dawes, dont see much difference in their point scoring ability but expect Dawes to gain massive $$$ this week and prob be out of reach from then on. the way gibbs, murphy, judd etc have been playing i cant see yarran getting tagged again though, could become a solid performer.

know there are prob a few others in the same position, anyone else wanna shed some light on their thought process?

Time to correct a couple of mistakes, and with the extra trades I don't feel bad about it. Last year I held on to under-performing players waiting for them to turn it around (R. Shaw, Warren, Ballantyne), and I suffered for it. So, will be doing Conca to Harris, who I should've had from the beginning, and Jolly to Ryder so I have an actual premium second ruck. I can see Ryder averaging 10-20 points more than Jolly for the year, and feel it is worth it.

Was apparently living under a rock and didn't realise Hargrave was injured so need to get rid of him. Got Gaff in the midfield and with him apparently being the Eagles' go-to sub he's not gunna go up much in price. Also need a DP link in the mids cause of my poor initial team planning. So I'm thinking:
Hargrave -> D.Stanley
Gaff -> O'Keefe

Bruce to Enright. Not too silly, is it?

Good trade imo.

Might as well get him now while he's cheap..

Or you keep Bruce in the expectation Hawthorn will come into really good form and he scores big in a top 6 side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering Goddard > Enright reason are Saints arent going to well and wont be I dont think and I have no Cat players in my side plus get more cash.

Prestia/Krak > Tapscott

Thoughts?

Good trade imo.

Might as well get him now while he's cheap..

Or you keep Bruce in the expectation Hawthorn will come into really good form and he scores big in a top 6 side.
Enright is yet to cop a tag. Bruce is still finding his feet, in a new side. He'll get better

Traded in 2 players I should have had from the start in Lower and Curnow. I got rid of an underperforming midpricer and Hibberd while generating some much-needed cash.

OK.

Now, I really want to jump on the Curnow or Libba train. Possible options are Harris (no), Heppell (no), Duncan (no, he's started OK), Bewick (looking like an OK cash cow), D Swallow (most likely) or Krakouer (sub last week, and never been a massive DTer).

Should I hold firm, or trade one of those listed above to Curnow or Libba? Thoughts and reasons please!
I'm desperately needing advice!!

im in the same boat mate. or should that be the same train? im thinking of swallow > curnow. with the extra cash i can upgrade gwilt (wanted someone unique...hasnt worked so far) and get gram.

went with

In: Curnow, Out: Palmer
In: McKernan, Out: Puopolo (I know, shutup)

bout 250k in the bank now

Was apparently living under a rock and didn't realise Hargrave was injured so need to get rid of him. Got Gaff in the midfield and with him apparently being the Eagles' go-to sub he's not gunna go up much in price. Also need a DP link in the mids cause of my poor initial team planning. So I'm thinking:
Hargrave -> D.Stanley
Gaff -> O'Keefe

Regarding Gaff

Will get more game soon, can't see any player being a sub for more than a few weeks due to fitness issues

I`m going to take a punt on Foley>>>Armitage, I don`t have any Saints in my Mids and if he makes a decent 6th I`m cool with that, it takes the Curnow or Libba dilemma out of the equation and all going well he delivers more than Hannah would have and I save a trade I can use to do something really destructive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades- Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back