Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be a pretty fricken serious injury if it's keeping him out that long including the weeks of training he's already missed. Didn't realise it was so bad

It was groin soreness that wouldn’t settle down. They said he’d be back in full trading after Xmas. And then he had the little op just before Xmas. So yeah it’s pretty worrying that best case scenario we are looking at 7-8 weeks before playing.

Best to take our time though. It’s a long season, and obviously such an important one for him and the club.

The worst thing we could do is play him before he’s ready.

From what I’ve watched I’d have Dawson>Pink>Nyuon in that order from the guys who have been out there consistently. If Comben doesn’t have any slip ups from now, my guess would be Corr, Comben & Dawson to start with.

Biggie has a bit to work with, very agile and nice leap. But is very slight still, as mentioned above PC worked him under the ball a few times. I doubt he’ll be playing early season. Seems like a very popular member of the squad too, to his credit was the most vocal pushing everyone through the run throughs.
Thank you for the reports great work

Big Hero 6 Belly GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% influenced by the AFLW
These are men playing in the AFL, a competition consisting of male players completely seperate from the AFLW who already hide their players' weights. It would sure be nice to know how say Duursma or Dawson track over the next few years while they build their bodies as full time athletes but I guess logic doesn't apply to AFL HQ.

Last edited:
These are men playing in the AFL, a competition consisting of male players completely seperate from the AFLW who already hide their players' weights. It would sure be nice to know how say Duursma or Dawson track over the next few years as they build their bodies as full time athletes but I guess logic doesn't apply to AFL HQ.
Agreed. It's far more inclusive to say we don't show the weight of players across all competitions rather that we don't do it only for the women. In retrospect, perhaps this has also been influenced by the issues facing Oliver? Maybe in his talks with whoever he's been talking with he has mentioned his previous weight issues as a reason/contributing factor to his current situation. I wouldn't put it past the AFL / AFL players association to be that reactive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back