Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Flew up straight after training?

And to think the worry warts were stressing about them driving to LaTrobe
FMD
Faster to fly to the GC, than commute to Bundoora.

8c3rzj.jpg

The AFL has today decided they will no longer publicly post AFL player weights.

As it's inappropriate and private information :tearsofjoy:

What a world we live in.
Boomer is now picketing outside afl house to have heights taken off past players records

I’ve only been to one session but I have biggie ahead of them (basing off vfl form last year also)

Some other training reports I’ve seen are also of this opinion

biggie I think is the perfect third tall defender to compliment comben and Corr

I don’t think there’s a gap either way tbh, so you could be right. He does have plenty of athleticism and his reading of the play seems good enough. From what I’ve seen, I personally just don’t think the physicality is at the level yet. But they’ll all get a look in during the practice matches anyway, will probably decide who gets the 3rd spot for rd1.

They were reluctant to play KD last year, so I very well could be off the mark with my observation. I just think he’s been super, super impressive in the 5 sessions I’ve been too. And that’s running/drills/ball use, he’s leaving no stone unturned. And to be fair to Pink, I know there were some whispers they think he’s a long way off but certainly doesn’t do much wrong at training, so not out of the question himself.

I don’t think there’s a gap either way tbh, so you could be right. He does have plenty of athleticism and his reading of the play seems good enough. From what I’ve seen, I personally just don’t think the physicality is at the level yet. But they’ll all get a look in during the practice matches anyway, will probably decide who gets the 3rd spot for rd1.

They were reluctant to play KD last year, so I very well could be off the mark with my observation. I just think he’s been super, super impressive in the 5 sessions I’ve been too. And that’s running/drills/ball use, he’s leaving no stone unturned. And to be fair to Pink, I know there were some whispers they think he’s a long way off but certainly doesn’t do much wrong at training, so not out of the question himself.
Embarrassment of riches. Backline our latest strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never looked up a player's weight, so the change doesn't really bother, though it is unusual. We can see you, we know if you're over/under weight. Hiding the number doesn't hide that.
Feel the same. Never once have I needed or wanted to check a players weight when viewing stats. so don't really care.

The only time I hear about it is when one of you guys say "oh he's come back 5kg lighter"... and after 10 years i still don't know if that's a good thing or bad.

Edit: I lied, when down I regularly check to confirm that J Stringer is still overweight

I have never looked up a player's weight, so the change doesn't really bother, though it is unusual. We can see you, we know if you're over/under weight. Hiding the number doesn't hide that.

My prediction is that it actually exacerbates the issue.

You can hear the commentary about he’s overweight, underweight now, the speculation, people making shit up etc. It’ll become a topic nobody wanted

The AFL/Clubs never posted accurate weights anyway.
So it's not going to stop the average punter going: "He looks to have come back out of shape", because it wasn't ever really based on numbers.

The main reason the AFL did this is because of AFL women's football. As a lot of posters on all the clubs boards have pretty much said the same thing, its "bloody ridiculous". Now that we have AFL women's football , their thinking is, you can't have it with the men but not with the girls, so lets do it for both, that way we're not discriminating.

Common sense in todays world has sprinted right away from years gone by, while technology has gotten better, some of our decisions in general life have not. One wonders, if this is the end of it? Its like "what the ...."
confused question mark GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back