Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Any of the key backs catch your eye?

Where did McKercher play?

All the key backs had their moments. I wouldn’t say any of Dawson, Nyuon or Pink seperated themselves. Even Goater was playing tall/small at times.

McKercher played across hb. I thought it was noticeable that he was getting worked over a bit physically and close checking. Preparing him for what’s to come.

North Melbourne recruit Zac Fisher sent for scans as rookie Brayden George close to return​

North Melbourne could be without a boom recruit following an injury in Friday’s match simulation, while a much-hyped rookie is edging close to a return
AFL: North Melbourne co-captain Jy Simpkin believes the Kangaroos are destined for success after four lack-luster years.

North Melbourne could be without boom recruit Zac Fisher for a period of time after he sent for scans.
The Roos were set for a match simulation without distractions, having told troubled midfielder Tarryn Thomas to stay away from the club amid domestic violence allegations.
But Fisher was withdrawn from the session after injuring his hamstring.
“Zac came out of match sim after the second quarter,” head of performance Kevin White said.
“He felt an incident in his hamstring, so he’ll get that scanned over the weekend just to assess for a hamstring strain.”
Meanwhile, Brayden George edged closer to unrestricted training after his debut season was wiped out with an ACL injury.
George did his ACL during his draft year, meaning he was never set to play in 2023 but his recovery was further delayed when he suffered an elbow injury that made him miss the start of the pre-season.
He was taken at pick 26 after sliding out of first-round calculations due to his injury.
“Finally, he’s going to get let loose as of next week,” White said.
“He’ll be unrestricted off of that elbow injury … and we’ll see him in match simulation next Friday.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes the average member cannot fully comprehend the value a player may have in playing a role within the team that’s valuable to us winning games, but may not show up in the stats sheet.

They might be valued by coaches and their team mates, and say for example, be voted in as captain.

Or they might have a lot of attributes the team needs - but a perceived weakness that is exaggerated or focused upon.

So sometimes members can be completely misguided.

I mean, do we really need ‘whipping boys’. It’s a *en stupid idea.
This makes perfect sense - but the bold is kind of important, lot less leeway when your intangible locker room and training track meta physical yogi ways can't even win you quarters.

Lol Coops is going to be that player that every opposition team hates, he’ll be abused every week and still bob up kicking half a dozen, laughing his arse of at them.

He'll only do that if he gets to play on an Irish guy in his debut every week.

He'll only do that if he gets to play on an Irish guy in his debut every week.
He’s exactly that player, to have six touches, four tackles and kick three goals a week, smiling away with a shit eating grin, as he nails them through.

You ain’t putting a premier defender on him but geez his going to be annoying when he kicks them, think more Ginnivan and less Charlie Cameron.

If I were a betting man, I think he’ll be most likely to kick two goals from one play, after being rewarded a free kick directly after kicking a goal.

Last edited:
Any of the key backs catch your eye?

Where did McKercher play?
At this stage, what caught my eye is that the entire defence has a ways to go in terms of communication and trust and gelling together which stands to reason as most of them had never played or trained together prior to 6 weeks ago.

'Boom recruit' Zac Fisher. I believe the other day some corporate sponsor referred to Biggie as a 'star.' They don't try very hard, do they, these 'journalists'

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back