Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne recruit Zac Fisher sent for scans as rookie Brayden George close to return​

North Melbourne could be without a boom recruit following an injury in Friday’s match simulation, while a much-hyped rookie is edging close to a return
AFL: North Melbourne co-captain Jy Simpkin believes the Kangaroos are destined for success after four lack-luster years.

North Melbourne could be without boom recruit Zac Fisher for a period of time after he sent for scans.
The Roos were set for a match simulation without distractions, having told troubled midfielder Tarryn Thomas to stay away from the club amid domestic violence allegations.
But Fisher was withdrawn from the session after injuring his hamstring.
“Zac came out of match sim after the second quarter,” head of performance Kevin White said.
“He felt an incident in his hamstring, so he’ll get that scanned over the weekend just to assess for a hamstring strain.”
Meanwhile, Brayden George edged closer to unrestricted training after his debut season was wiped out with an ACL injury.
George did his ACL during his draft year, meaning he was never set to play in 2023 but his recovery was further delayed when he suffered an elbow injury that made him miss the start of the pre-season.
He was taken at pick 26 after sliding out of first-round calculations due to his injury.
“Finally, he’s going to get let loose as of next week,” White said.
“He’ll be unrestricted off of that elbow injury … and we’ll see him in match simulation next Friday.”
Sounds fairly minor/precaution for fisher

Only assessing for a strain so not torn it

He’s exactly that player to have six touches, four tackles and kick three goals a week, smiling away with a s**t eating grin, as he nails them through.

For North Heidelberg aye, he's too slow for modern AFL footy.

The AFL world will realize George is even a level above Sheezel and Ashcroft this year.

LDU had no answer at times from what I was told.

There’s about 4 midfielders in the league with his physical gifts and they are named Petracca, Martin, Fyfe and Dangerfield.
LDU tried to steal roll him very early. Wasn't having it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The AFL world will realize George is even a level above Sheezel and Ashcroft this year.

There’s about 4 midfielders in the league with his physical gifts and they are named Petracca, Martin, Fyfe and Dangerfield.
The article posted above says George is back next week for match sim.

Edit: Disregard, guess you’re referencing Wardlaw.

The article posted above says George is back next week for match sim.
I think you’ll find he’s talking about wardlaw and you are talking about brayden

I expect this to be commonly mistaken and the unique name to be used for either to avoid this or their full names

The problem with it is, we’re an 18th side. So what defines value for us is really tough when we compare it to the greater competition. I mean didn’t we win games without our leaders?

I guess my point is. When you’re at the bottom of the ladder for so long. There is absolutely nowhere to hide.
Still doesn’t validate the concept of choosing 2 whipping boys at the start of the season who you will bag the shit out of incessantly because everyone else seems to do the same thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are several could-be-elite players on our list, but GW is at the absolute pointy end of the comp. Will torch teams, starting this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are several could-be-elite players on our list, but GW is at the absolute pointy end of the comp. Will torch teams, starting this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really only hope that our Ruck Stocks work out and he’s not chasing too hard from rubbish taps. It’s an exhausting way to play and he and that midfield need to be given the best opportunity

Pray Game Show GIF by ABC Network

Last edited:
LDU tried to steal roll him very early. Wasn't having it.

I am sure LDU move up a cog or 5 once the real stuff starts. By the sounds of it we are just getting better and better. PS always love your training reports mate very useful thank you.

With the level of midfield talent, we’d be doing something seriously wrong everywhere else to not win games consistently.

not sure about consistently winning yet mate..Still very young in there
But with the talent and getting properly fit you'd think we'd win more and be in games a lot longer

Hope not… pseudo chf maybe.

You want Duursma to be the guy with the poor match up leading into dangerous spots, or crumbing the ball off packs, or floating across packs taking hangers. He’s not the guy you want sitting under a high ball with 2 guys on his back.

LDU certainly looked like he had a bit in reserve yesterday.

Yeah this why i love hearing from posters like you who regularly go to training we pick up all the little things that never get reported other wise. Great work Passmore and to all the other posters on here that go and watch us train and keep blokes like me up to date with everything as Cairns is a tad to far to go watch us train.

Hey guys, wondering how Tristan Xerri is looking? Has he been doing well this pre-season and does he look like he’s taken a step in his development? Asking for my fantasy team. Cheers

Hey guys, wondering how Tristan Xerri is looking? Has he been doing well this pre-season and does he look like he’s taken a step in his development? Asking for my fantasy team. Cheers

He’s had a great preseason going by all reports. He also has great job security. Whether he’s worth it fantasy wise, or no 1 ruck wise for north, is another matter.

I think he’ll be solid.

He copped a falcon yesterday. What's that worth in fantasy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back