Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think any of the blue defenders are AFL KPD's to be honest.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Even though they were playing for yellow today, I still think the coaches have Comben and Pink ahead of their blue counterparts.

We are not moving Comben to defence just to play VFL? And Pink played on Larkey for the majority of todays sim. Not that I have a lot of confidence in any of them working out.

Lienert was the other yellow defender.

Agree with much of what has been said. Few thoughts:
  • great turnout
  • thought K Dawson was the most capable key defender
  • Powell and Phillips were very good. Both ran freely and broke lines, Will also doing a lot of defensive work
  • McKerch has got some serious wheels, but though he got caught trying to get on to his left a few times
  • GW was everywhere and played high minutes, kicking let him down
  • had heard the Sheezel hip rumour, but he moved as smooth as ever and was one on the few first/second year players in the run throughs after the match sim
  • Ruck’s are a big problem, CCJ having an even battle with Free which says it all really
  • Stephens will add a lot to our run and carry, really liked his preparedness to present and link up all game long
  • W Dawson is going to play a lot of footy, though probably not this year. Great size, good mover, courageous. Fingers crossed we finally landed a KPD draftee after 10 years of trying
What position did Harry S play?

Who was playing on Souva today? I didn’t recognise who it was, thought he played pretty well. Scuffled with Larks at one point, showing he was having an impact.
Will Dawson

Souva threw him around at one stage and next contest Dawson took the mark out in front.

Those that caught my eye today:

McKerchers run through the centre in the third (?) was scintillating, something we haven’t seen for a while, no-one could get close to him. Few have said how good he is off his right but I’d say he is fairly one-sided, dropped one out on the full off his right in front of me.
Bailey Scott continuing on his great form from 2023
Tom Powell everywhere, and to a lesser extent WilPhil did some good things
Kallan Dawson looked composed and in the right spots
I though Biggie was good
Duursma didn’t get it a heap, but a couple of things he did you can see what he will be. Reminds me of Higgo the way he moves.
Jy worked his way into it, and as some else reported had the feet going later in the game.
Wardlaw everywhere, just disposal the let him down.
Few others that were slow to work into the game - Zurhaar (one breakaway from a centre bounce late was great), PC, Sleevo
LDU was in first or second gear, similar with Larkey
I actually thought Dylan Stephens was really good, should bring a fair bit to the wings
Tucker will be a different player with a full pre-season.
CCJ vs Free was a bit meh, CCJ was ok and is reasonably mobile but didn’t do a heap.
Xerri isn’t anywhere near as big as I thought he was.
Eddie Ford certainly is Eddie Hollywood, those glasses and earrings…
Cooper Harvey is built like a tank, you can see his fathers influence in ensuring he has his body right.
There was no coffee cart, nor any talk of player weights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Shark sightings
You just know I had to do it!!!
Great White Omg GIF by Shark Week

They should make the teams even not stack one team

Only do that when playing oppo in prac matches
I think leading up to the practice matches they probably want to get some continuity with the best 22, need to give them time to gel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back