Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

do you guys see clarko changing simpkins role next year? i rate simpkin a lot just feel he needs a change in role maybe 60/40 as a HF swapping with LDU would add so much to the team imo. jy getting 20 and kicking two should be the aim
I can see him starting the centre bounces at HF and then pushing up to be an extra mid...or TT pushes forward after the clearance..

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

do you guys see clarko changing simpkins role next year? i rate simpkin a lot just feel he needs a change in role maybe 60/40 as a HF
I hope so. I’ve said it a number of times, I rate jy highly as a forward. Hoping he spends a lot more time there next year

I don't why the GF thread is closed, no explanation.

But anyway,
if that's what it takes to win a flag, we aren't that far behind. Neither team was overly impressive today.

As Lou used to say, it was a ring a ding ding for about 3 pages; here’s a visual representation of what the other three of us were watching

arrested development hiding GIF

I don't why the GF thread is closed, no explanation.

But anyway,
if that's what it takes to win a flag, we aren't that far behind. Neither team was overly impressive today.
That was pressure. But they both played better footy than us to get there.

We lost five games by under 10 points and with a bit of composure we could have won a few of them so with some continuity of coaching and a bit more fitness and miles into the legs of our players we should improve faster than people expect. Thomas and LDU fit all year and Clarko just thinking about footy has to be worth something.

That was pressure. But they both played better footy than us to get there.

We lost five games by under 10 points and with a bit of composure we could have won a few of them so with some continuity of coaching and a bit more fitness and miles into the legs of our players we should improve faster than people expect. Thomas and LDU fit all year and Clarko just thinking about footy has to be worth something.
There was also winnable games against Melbourne, Bulldogs and Richmond. Fitness is a must improve and a **** ton of it is needed.

Pretty sure was reading that McRae drills them hard every session about scenarios with the game on the line with a few minutes left.

With the talent pool spread thinner than ever before - the game really is played a fair bit between the ears.

The whole 5 year plan nonsense really drilled into players heads that it will take decades for clubs to turn it around. Media bought into that crap too.

Just need good development, smart drafting and you can turn it around quickly.

Shit habits and low standards are what stops teams developing.

We've got people running the club that had enough and moved on people who were part of that.

One of our co-captains is pretty hard on his own performances (and flew the flag against GC god bless him)

We also have a Rising Star winner that looks like he wants to lead the club to it's next phase.

Culture at the club is slowly changing and all for it.

Top 8 next year then? I’m on board and will accept nothing less. I’m sick of this s**t, it’s time to explode!

I love the day but when that siren sounds I feel depressed af and think when is our turn?

do you guys see clarko changing simpkins role next year? i rate simpkin a lot just feel he needs a change in role maybe 60/40 as a HF swapping with LDU would add so much to the team imo. jy getting 20 and kicking two should be the aim

I don't think he will be a midfielder long term unless he has an amazing turnaround in not shanking the ball out of almost every stoppage. When he has time and space around half forward he tends to make good decisions and executes well. If we for some reason take Sanders early then his papers will be stamped. We wouldn't be getting Wardlaw and Sanders and leave Jy in the middle.

I hope he finds a good role he can perform for the rest of his career, like a pressure half forward or something. I think the next two drafts after this are mid heavy so it will be curious to see what we do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he will be a midfielder long term unless he has an amazing turnaround in not shanking the ball out of almost every stoppage. When he has time and space around half forward he tends to make good decisions and executes well. If we for some reason take Sanders early then his papers will be stamped. We wouldn't be getting Wardlaw and Sanders and leave Jy in the middle.

I hope he finds a good role he can perform for the rest of his career, like a pressure half forward or something. I think the next two drafts after this are mid heavy so it will be curious to see what we do.
He just signed a five year contract. No way his papers are stamped.

Not only that, even Wardlaw won't be properly ready for the midfield till mid 2025 at least, probably 2026. Jy is physically tough and will be providing blocks and shepherds for those younger mids for years yet. If we set up properly his kicking won't be an issue cos we'll be using more effective kickers on the outside.

He just signed a five year contract. No way his papers are stamped.

Not only that, even Wardlaw won't be properly ready for the midfield till mid 2025 at least, probably 2026. Jy is physically tough and will be providing blocks and shepherds for those younger mids for years yet. If we set up properly his kicking won't be an issue cos we'll be using more effective kickers on the outside.

I mean his midfield spot papers if we draft Sanders. I hope he finds a different role. He has the same issues Ziebell had when he was primarily a midfielder.

I mean his midfield spot papers if we draft Sanders. I hope he finds a different role. He has the same issues Ziebell had when he was primarily a midfielder.
Okay fair enough. I think he works harder than JZ but JZ was incredible the way he blocked and provided pathways and channels or whatever for the more mobile mids.

Pies +20 tackles and +15 inside 50's.

Simply they outworked and outnumbered the Lions who looked more dangerous but couldn't handle the Pies pressure/structures
Amazing the number of times the Lions moved forward only to be outmarked by a Pie player simply playing in front

Okay fair enough. I think he works harder than JZ but JZ was incredible the way he blocked and provided pathways and channels or whatever for the more mobile mids.

Yeah, JZ didn't have the tank, but I mean the decision making and execution out of stoppages. Need inside mids that are more like Cunners in that they feed the ball out to outside mids rather than just hack it out.

There was also winnable games against Melbourne, Bulldogs and Richmond. Fitness is a must improve and a * ton of it is needed.
IMG_4384.jpeg

Jks though. I’m happy for them to have a bit of time to let loose.
They’d wanna be going for a run every now & then in between beers & pretzels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back