Training Training Reports and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

The 1990 team had more great characters in it. But the 2010 group was a better team.
Yes but both teams were very good teams, no outright super stars but some really good players. Daicos, Millane and Brown were the backbone of the 1990 side while 2010 was very much a team effort. Swanny was big but a great team we had that year.

Hill looks silk. McStay and Cox taking some big clunks. Daicos boys decision making is elite and they don’t miss a target. Nick is gonna be something else. Not a heap of Mitchell in the highlights but he looked solid. A lot to be excited about from those clips.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our media team doing sweet FA as usual. They posted an interview and that’s about it. We have the worst media department in the league. They do FA for the supporters and have done for many years.
Ok so maybe I was a bit premature with this post as highlights are now up. Won’t be the last bad post I do this year. Wait until I start on selections.

I thought his pace was very evident, just took off, burned J Daicos who was was 10 metres behind him.

This.
After the first 10 or so minutes, I had to look up who the little fella was in #29.
I thought his pace was brilliant and he certainly got a lot of the ball, found a lot of space as well.
He may surprise a few

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea what this journo is on about. As far as I could see Joe Richards played 90% of the game in the forward line matched up against Ryan. Didn't play at half back as far as I'm aware.
I saw him at half back. Didn’t play well though. Sprayed and turned over a few. But wasnt on his own there. Think he’ll be much better for the run. Wind played havoc

Loved Nick Daicos's work. Interesting how much McStay owned Moore, his form has declined a lot. I really liked J Carmichael, reckon he should start first round in the ones.

He was fine. Didn’t stand out but wasn’t bad either.

Which honestly is kinda all we need him to be this year.

Consistently….fine
Fine ain’t good enough against the Hawkins , McKays, kings , Cameron’s , that’s the reason they recruited him apparently, for the monster forwards , heck he would even struggle against Casboult, have seen very little thus far , as in his previous 8 seasons , Murphy by the length of Flemington straight .

On the strength of those highlights, Mason Cox has No1 ruck sewn up already. He dominated in the air.

McStay and Hill looked really good too. So too Ed Allan and Carmichael.

DeGoey looked menacing. Would love to see him put together a complete season for once.

Who’s the kid in No.35? He goes alright.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nick Daicos looks impressive as well as Mason Cox

Pies intraclub thoughts:
  • Nick Daicos.... do words even begin to explain? Just was everywhere. Also every centre bounce, he was there. You wouldn't believe this is his 2nd year.
  • Lippa. Class. Ball use fantastic but nothing new.
  • McStay dominant with 3 goals, and clunking more marks. Could have had 5 goals.
  • Reef. He's definitely showing something. Nice hands and kicked a couple goals. Nice leading forward (at this stage)
  • Carmichael was put up forward after having a lot of inside mid depth, and performed strongly with 3 goals. Just can kick the ball. One was from like 50.
  • Thought De Goey and Crisp were pretty outstanding in the middle.
  • Frampton was prominant, uses the ball very well, and has good hands. Was playing at FB
  • Mitchell was good, extracting the ball, or involved in link chains
  • Adams...just hasn't missed a beat. Think he may even look fitter... slimmer? than before.
  • Bianco I thought played well. He's put on some weight you can instantly see. Likewise with Ginni -- what exactly did they feed them in Europe lol
  • Noble was v good, kicked a goal running off the flank.
  • Richards sure has some pace to burn, was ahead of JDaicos in a run chase
  • Wilson kicked 2 goals, and has been surprising of late
  • Kelly was good, took some contested marks. One fairly early in the game. Looks to be more attacking with his use.
  • Hill was busy and provided some nice moments.
  • You can see why they put WHE off half back, with his run, athletic ability.
  • Johnson had some nice moments, some good marks and kicked a goal or two.
  • Yes, Cox dominated.. but he was going up against a 19 year old beanpole rookie and a vfl ruck, so one would expect this to be the case.

Pies intraclub thoughts:
  • Nick Daicos.... do words even begin to explain? Just was everywhere. Also every centre bounce, he was there. You wouldn't believe this is his 2nd year.
  • Lippa. Class. Ball use fantastic but nothing new.
  • McStay dominant with 3 goals, and clunking more marks. Could have had 5 goals.
  • Reef. He's definitely showing something. Nice hands and kicked a couple goals. Nice leading forward (at this stage)
  • Carmichael was put up forward after having a lot of inside mid depth, and performed strongly with 3 goals. Just can kick the ball. One was from like 50.
  • Thought De Goey and Crisp were pretty outstanding in the middle.
  • Frampton was prominant, uses the ball very well, and has good hands. Was playing at FB
  • Mitchell was good, extracting the ball, or involved in link chains
  • Adams...just hasn't missed a beat. Think he may even look fitter... slimmer? than before.
  • Bianco I thought played well. He's put on some weight you can instantly see. Likewise with Ginni -- what exactly did they feed them in Europe lol
  • Noble was v good, kicked a goal running off the flank.
  • Richards sure has some pace to burn, was ahead of JDaicos in a run chase
  • Wilson kicked 2 goals, and has been surprising of late
  • Kelly was good, took some contested marks. One fairly early in the game. Looks to be more attacking with his use.
  • Hill was busy and provided some nice moments.
  • You can see why they put WHE off half back, with his run, athletic ability.
  • Johnson had some nice moments, some good marks and kicked a goal or two.
  • Yes, Cox dominated.. but he was going up against a 19 year old beanpole rookie and a vfl ruck, so one would expect this to be the case.

No love for big Cox Jen?

From the highlights he looked close to next best on ground, behind Nick.

No love for big Cox Jen?

From the highlights he looked close to next best on ground, behind Nick.

Not saying that, he was great. Dominant -- as you would have expected, but given his opposition, I wouldn't have expected anything less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training Reports and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back