Training Reports Includes Updated Training Times

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Training Reports - Practice Match: Friday Feb 5th 4pm @ Craigieburn

i too have taken the day off work to watch this match and drink some beers :D.
how far is it from the train station?

Moreaux, its a fair hike from the train station to the ground, probably 30-45 minutes.

As for training today, unfortunately I wont be able to get up there and provide a report back as Mrs RT is having wisdom teeth removed at the same time. Hopefully someone else gets up there and provides a report.

Moreaux, its a fair hike from the train station to the ground, probably 30-45 minutes.

As for training today, unfortunately I wont be able to get up there and provide a report back as Mrs RT is having wisdom teeth removed at the same time. Hopefully someone else gets up there and provides a report.

Here you go RT I will help you out seeing as though your reports are always welcome/appreciated, this is from PRE.

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=30371.1245

Went down to Punt Road today to see the boys for the first time this year. Skills were generally appalling although it was windy and a tad wet.

The usual suspect stood out, though I was really impressed with Jack Riewoldt. Troy Taylor looks a natural footballer. Nason looks like a tool with his hair.

Nick Westoff is an absolute struggler and looks lost on the track. Even had some specky practice at the end of the training but looked quite unlikely to ever be on the MotY highlights.

Simmonds, Nason and Willie T did extra work at the end involving agile running, kicking and putting in some more efforts. Looked quite tired.

I think Roberts, Gilligan and another fellow did some extra sprint work.

Not very confident about our year as skills were down and the intensity was shit. Most people were just mucking around although maybe the praccy match tomorrow may have meant the intensity was down

Was down there myself for the latter part of training

All seemed normal, wasn't the most intense training and I don't see why if there is a game on tomorrow...simple analogy

I think we should ease up on being too negative especially at this time of year

Simmonds was pushed pretty hard by Lade (Lade seems like a great get) and Simmonds looks super fit, hopefully he stays clear of injuries...

Gourdis is a big athletic lad...lets hope he can play senior footy because with his height and speed he would be hard to man on

Didnt notice Moore had put on too much size as some mentioned and yeah McGuane seems the same size, but he may be working on strength so all is not lost on muscle size, Jade King looks a s determined as ever, never have I seen a more intense individual would be great if it were to rub off on the others... all in all a few fresh young faces at the club which gives that "fresh" vibe...

Anybody going to Craigie tomorrow will have more of an opinion how we are coming along, like I said today was a nothing run.....

Thats right Is it possible for there to be a video of the Practice Match posted? Would love to see it. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be heading down (or up) that way this arvo to check out the lads.

Whats the deal, is it four 15 minutes quaters?

I'd assume its probably a probables first possibles (plus half a dozen Coburg boys)?

Ohwell I'll be sure to give an indepth report :thumbsu:

I'll be heading down (or up) that way this arvo to check out the lads.

Whats the deal, is it four 15 minutes quaters?

I'd assume its probably a probables first possibles (plus half a dozen Coburg boys)?

I believe it's technically Richmond V Coburg, but in effect yes, probables V possibles

According to 10 news Cotchin and Martin have starred so far, however I will wait untill I read reports from reliable sources before I blow my load

I didn't stay the whole time, but was really happy with what I saw. A few points on what i saw.

- Conditions were terrible. Cold, wet and windy. Although felt a little like 1:30pm on a Saturday afternoon in the middle of winter.

- the attitude seemed realy good. We were really disciplined in playing to our rules and style. Everyone was communicating with each other.

- Polak started at full forward and I was rapt with him. Threw himself around. Massive positive.

- Post played back, it looked like Rance was the #1 tall, with Moore, Newman, Tambling, Edwards and Connors also spending lots of time there. Gourdis spent some time there too (although I thought it might've been Dea, wearing #33??)

- Connors was really good, i loved his game. He ran and delivered the ball well, was always an option. Massive positive.

- Post was mediocre. Get him up forward.

- Edwards is the type of player that stands out. He did some really good things. I just don't know about him.

- King started forward and was lively early kicking a few goals. I like him up there, he's a hard man to match up on. If there's no match-up in the midfield then he's a good option up forward.

- Thomson was really good. Round 1 for sure. Used the ball really well. We started with Gus in the ruck, cotch and white on the wings, with Thomson, Lids and Martin as our 6 mids.

- Martin started poorly acutally giving away 2 holding the balls in the first few minutes (perhaps trying to do too much) but he's a running machine. He was everywhere and that's the reason he came into the game. At one stage through the midfield, a string of handballs between Cuzz, Cotch, Lids and Martin looked amazing.

- Cotching threw himself in and was super. He'd have to be 100%. Didn't see Jackson and obviously Foley.

- Morton and Riewoldt were quiet but Jack understands the plan and where he has to be and made sure everyone was on the ball. I really like him.

- Hislop played forward and was good I thought. I just don't know if we can play both him and King together. I'd chose King.

- Lids was quiet in the first but got better as the game went on. Cuzz was good.

- Just as I left Astbury took a great grab and goaled. He looks a good prospect. Positive signs from Taylor, hope he sorts himself out.

- Nahas was OK, not great but OK. Looked sharp though, hopefully he can build on last years personal successful season.

- I was standing infront of Al Clarkson and Adam Simpson. We play them Saturday week.

- I rang the club at about 1 to confirm it was on to which i heard "It's absolutely on mate, we aren't soft like Carlton."

*That's all i can think of right now and naturally others will have differing opinions. I've missed some players, but happy to field questions, although when I left it looked like there was a fair bit still to play.

So the reports are springing up all over the various Richmond sites, and they're all pretty glowing. You'd think they'd have to look good when they're playing against Coburg, though, if they are to have any chance this year whatsoever.

So the reports are springing up all over the various Richmond sites, and they're all pretty glowing. You'd think they'd have to look good when they're playing against Coburg, though, if they are to have any chance this year whatsoever.

Especially when the final score was this . . . (thanks to OER)

Final Score:

Rich 23.19.157
Cob 2.4.16

:eek:

But yes, plenty of positives out of very ordinary conditions which is a good sign as long as we keep it in perspective.

Not the best day for Chief to have a server upgrade!

Just got back from a cold and windy Craigieburn. First things first today was Coburg vs Richmond. The game was played over 6 quarters (however I only stayed for 4 as it was getting cold in the wind). It was not a possibles vs probables match so keep that in mind when I mention that players were starring or doing good as the score when I left was around 16 goals to 2.

Here is the line up to start the game:

B: Edwards Rance Newman
HB: Moore Post Tambling
C: Cotchin Deledio White
HF: Hislop Riewoldt Morton
F: Nahas Polak Polo
R: Graham Thomson Martin
I: Vickery Cousins King Connors

First quarter:
Richmond kicked with the wind and after a scrappy start the first 2 goals went to Hislop who looked lively up forward, King kicked 2 and Thomson kicked 2 as well. Cotchin started out of the middle and rotated through swapping with Lids on a wing. Martin and Thomson played on ball the whole time both getting plenty of touches as was Lids. Connors was quite good when he came on setting up a few forward thrusts coming off a HBF. Edwards was also good in the rebounding role. White still tries to do too much at times which had a few around me muttering under their breath.

Second quarter:
Coburg had the wind and yet they struggled to get any real opportunities. Rance and Post worked well as KPD taking a leading role in setting up the zone. For those concerned about Rances disposal he hit every target despite a rather strong wind blowing, as for defence he was man on manwhen it was needed but zoned off effectively. We also struggled to get any real scoring options with Hilsop managing to jag a goal from the pocket. Polak took a nice grab that drew applause from the crowd and then proceeded to hit the top of the point post with his shot on goal, I'll put that down to the wind. Deledio Cotchin and Martin showed that they will be a reason for us to go to the footy this year as they racked up touches at will along with Thomson. Edwards Tambling & Connors again set up plenty of rebound from defence with clean ball handling and more often than not clean disposal. However there were some occassional bad habits that would resurface.

Third Quarter:
With the wind again and a few changes were made to the line up with Taylor and Astbury getting a run up forward. Astbury took a nice pack mark and converted while Polak also managed to slot one. Cousins and Polo also got goals. Unfortunately I missed a couple of goals as I was chatting to a couple of fans. Collins made an appearance in this quarter while Connors continued to rack up touches across half back. Gourdis came on to play FB and looked comfortable enough considering the oppsition, shanked one kick badly but apart from that hit each target.

Final Quarter:
A few more changes were made with most of the draftees being given a run while the senior players for the most part were given a spell. Webberley took up the sweepers role and racked up at least 8 touches for the quarter. Farmer also looked pretty good. Westoff has sticky hands but looks as unco as you would like when kicking for goal. I'm sorry I can't provide more details on some of the others as they weren't in their normal numbers so it was hard to make out who was who.

Didn't Play: Foley Jackson Simmonds Griffiths McGuane Thursfield Nason Roberts

Gameplan:
In defence it is looking like Dimma is trying to make sure our defenders don't get sucked too far down the ground when the ball is in our F50. Coburg forwards would try and push past the centre to provide extra numbers to crowd our forward half yet Post Rance Newman Moore Tambling & Edwards would sit back across the middle and HB and ensure that the zone was established and was kept in place regardless. Once Coburg got the ball it was really difficult for them to get the ball out as our players were moving the zone well.

When we're attacking its is clear that once the ball gets to the wing the instruction is to look inboard rather than continuing around the boundary. When entering the forward 50 it no longer appears a case of look for the tall target and bang it to them with the focus now appearing to be on finding the right target regardless of them being tall or small.

BTW it was nice of Clarkson and the Hawk coaching panel there supporting Dimma in his first outing as senior coach. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Reports Includes Updated Training Times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back