Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have the exact dates and times they are training at the WO this week? Can't find it on the pathetic bigpond website and I don't use facebook.

Does anyone have the exact dates and times they are training at the WO this week? Can't find it on the pathetic bigpond website and I don't use facebook.

Pretty sure they are training Tues, Thurs & Sat mornings kicking off at about 9.30am.

If you are super keen to go just ring the club and they will be able to confirm for you.

Hargrave was on the wane but will definitely be a loss if he misses a chunk of the season. He along with Harbrow and Gilbee were our three designated kickers out of the back half and we enter the season with only one. Hopefully either Tutt or Howard can play a few games this year as they were picked because of their kicking skills.

Never a truer word spoken.

I've worked at the Swans home games for the last 2 years and seen a heap of Barlow. If he plays 10 games for us we're in huge trouble.

An elite athlete who will always win TTs and look great until the real stuff starts. Fot the Swans 2s he simply runs around in circles, gathering cheap outside touches when they are flogging teams. No hurt factor and still waiting for him to put his head over the ball for the first time, not holding my breath. Soft as butter.

Vez might be OK if he can build his endurance and get his attitude right. Probably intertwined TBH.

This is spot on. If Barlow can produce even half of what he promises, you'll have a great player. Vez just needs to get his attitude right and knuckle down. Both have been given a second chance, let's hope they both realise and use it.

Fogot to mention that when I saw Lakey he was a shadow of his former self. Much slimmer than previously which I think will be great for injury management.

How much this effects his contested ball I guess we will see soon. Let's hope he is just as strong and can still dominate the air.

As well as probably losing a bit of bulk post his operations I read that Brian had made a conscious effort to drop a bit of weight to improve his aerobic capacity.

I would also think that as the season draws closer he will will add a bit bulk as he increases his training load, but with the season still a fair way off he has plenty of time to do so.

Re: Training Reports: Ryan Griffen

Ryan Griffen looks in fine form. Seen him training down near Geelong.

Sprint after Sprint after Sprint.

Looking for bigger and better things next year

Thanks Pissi, great notes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went down to training today and took down some notes.
http://pissiaflblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/western-bulldogs-training-january-13th.html

Have a look at the others I've produced if you're interested.

Thanks for that. I have seen the sand box drill you refer to, and as I don't get to see other teams train I'd be interested if you notice a lot of variance in training routines and drills between the clubs.

I'd imagine a lot of it's the same, but are there things some clubs do that standout as unique to them?

Thanks for that. I have seen the sand box drill you refer to, and as I don't get to see other teams train I'd be interested if you notice a lot of variance in training routines and drills between the clubs.

I'd imagine a lot of it's the same, but are there things some clubs do that standout as unique to them?

The sand-box drill is very unique and I quite like it.

Most of the trainings are basically the same (although I've only been to four different clubs), with different variations. One of things I do notice is that Richmond is very heavy on their: end of the drill, stop, go across to the table full of drinks, rest up before the next drill. Collingwood on the other hand, will have a chat about the next drill in the middle of the ground with the coaching staff while the players stretch and what-not. The one thing I noticed from you guys was how long your warm-up drills went for. You spent a lot of time before you got into the main stuff. Might only have been that session though. Over the next couple of weeks I'll hopefully have noticed a few more things at different clubs.

Training report Sat 15/1/2011

First of all Injured players Cooney ran laps and Harris walked the boundary bouncing a ball Sherman was on the bike no sign of Hargrave,

Mulligan did ok on BARRY beat him one on one a couple of times, jones took a strong pack mark and goaled the z man showed great skill in close feeding out handballs.
Mitch Wallis reads the play so well and Liba was at the bottom of packs feeding out handball they both look very exciting.
The best of the brothers was Dierrkurra followed by Skinner didn;t see much of Stack and Hill
Hudson and Will were in the ruck along with Ayce there was another tall streak who fumbled a few times Will took the honours in the ruck.
Of the fowards as reported ealier Hall didn't get a touch Dierrkurra was fast and Jones did ok.
Of the on ballers Cross was best along with Griffen and Moles special mentiON to Tom Liba great hands and left foot kick
All the rookies were noticeable a little fella with long hair boy has he got some wheels Panos played down back moved well , and Barlow would have bad most possesions of all playing as a floating half back.
The back line i Didn't see much of Markovic -Tutt tackled well Morris was solid i do not remember seeing Williams speacial mention to Wallis who read the play and cut of many attacks and Hahn was ok to and must not forget Murphy who was sweeping up all the crumbs.
The highlight was Murphy bursting throught the centre and being run down by the z man.
These are observations from a 40 min practice match its very hard to pick out players they all look the same in training jumpers plus i am half blind.

Chees Algy.

Training report Sat 15/1/2011

First of all Injured players Cooney ran laps and Harris walked the boundary bouncing a ball Sherman was on the bike no sign of Hargrave,

Mulligan did ok on BARRY beat him one on one a couple of times, jones took a strong pack mark and goaled the z man showed great skill in close feeding out handballs.
Mitch Wallis reads the play so well and Liba was at the bottom of packs feeding out handball they both look very exciting.
The best of the brothers was Dierrkurra followed by Skinner didn;t see much of Stack and Hill
Hudson and Will were in the ruck along with Ayce there was another tall streak who fumbled a few times Will took the honours in the ruck.
Of the fowards as reported ealier Hall didn't get a touch Dierrkurra was fast and Jones did ok.
Of the on ballers Cross was best along with Griffen and Moles special mentiON to Tom Liba great hands and left foot kick
All the rookies were noticeable a little fella with long hair boy has he got some wheels Panos played down back moved well , and Barlow would have bad most possesions of all playing as a floating half back.
The back line i Didn't see much of Markovic -Tutt tackled well Morris was solid i do not remember seeing Williams speacial mention to Wallis who read the play and cut of many attacks and Hahn was ok to and must not forget Murphy who was sweeping up all the crumbs.
The highlight was Murphy bursting throught the centre and being run down by the z man.
These are observations from a 40 min practice match its very hard to pick out players they all look the same in training jumpers plus i am half blind.

Chees Algy.

Thanks for the writeup Algy.

First bolded possibly Prato?

Second bolded sounds like Luke Dahlhaus.

Cheers for that. Sounds like all the recruits are performing well on the training track which is good to hear. The rookie you might be reffering to could be Dalhaus. Kid has blistering pace.

The sand-box drill is very unique and I quite like it.

One of things I do notice is that Richmond is very heavy on their: end of the drill, stop, go across to the table full of drinks, rest up before the next drill. .

Richmond have always been noted for there ability to look the part but still retain the ability to 'party'.
Perhaps the real drill here is making sure you can get a drink in a crowd!

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back