Training restrictions

Remove this Banner Ad

How many need to be disadvantaged before the need to spread it around then? What’s the magic number?

More than 2 for sure...and it's really just one club who are in Perth!

What additional risks?

The AFL was effectively a totally separate population to the rest of QLD, operating under more strict rules than QLD (or WA) state requirements. They also played a number of games in SA (and WA) which meant that weirdly Adelaide had more home games than Brisbane.

The risks of a a group of 25 players plus staff transiting through airports, buses, being put up in hotels that all of a sudden are flooded with members of the public (EG Richmonds stay in Adelaide hotel), playing and then transiting back.

All without serving any quarantine. Just taking extra precautions......which were found to fail at various stages.

How many players were done for covid breaches? How many didn't? You keep on with a FIFO schedule eventually something goes wrong.

The WA guidelines were tougher for sure. But they had less room for error. And they were proved to be workable...........certainly not unworkable nor impossible.

I don't think the AFL control the SANFL or WAFL from memory, whereas they did control the VFL and NEAFL

That’s a good point. I guess that’s one of the things about being autonomous. There’s pros and cons to everything.

That’d be right. You can sit in lockdown by yourselves just don’t train in groups of ten if we can’t!

You can also not lockdown states over 1 case. Don’t expect other clubs to cop it because your leader wants to lock down the state every case that arises

I am sure they were more then happy to hub Qld , nsw , SA it’s just like Melbourne clubs wanted no part of Western Australia hub unless if they really had to
Yes, once Covid shut down Victoria I’m sure you are right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not many Melbourne clubs wanted to hub at all until Covid forced them out
Hahaha, here we go again, with a little twist.
Got the proof of that?

You really struggle with facts don't you.

Hint: Not 1 Melbourne club said they would not hub.
Some players said that there would be players who might say no to hubs, in the worst case scenario that was put to them, but not 1 club said they would not hub.

What's next?

Hahaha, here we go again, with a little twist.
Got the proof of that?

You really struggle with facts don't you.

Hint: Not 1 Melbourne club said they would not hub.
Some players said that there would be players who might say no to hubs, in the worst case scenario that was put to them, but not 1 club said they would not hub.

What's next?
No, they didn’t want to hub to kick off the year, so it was left up to everyone else after whinging over the afls initial proposal. Already shown you the report on that one so not digging it up again

while the rest of the clubs would be hubbing it up for an uncertain length of time, the afl and Victorian government were trying to bring down borders so that the Victorian clubs wouldn’t have to hub at all

While McGowan is not willing to grant border exemptions, he instead continues to push the case for some of Victoria’s 10 clubs to relocate to a quarantine hub in WA.

“The two-week quarantine arrangement needs to stay in place, the integrity of the state borders needs to stay,” McGowan said.

“It appears to me Victorian clubs aren’t willing to leave their comfort zone and come over here to hub in Western Australia, yet they expect our teams to go over there.

No, they didn’t want to hub to kick off the year, so it was left up to everyone else after whinging over the afls initial proposal. Already shown you the report on that one so not digging it up again

while the rest of the clubs would be hubbing it up for an uncertain length of time, the afl and Victorian government were trying to bring down borders so that the Victorian clubs wouldn’t have to hub at all

While McGowan is not willing to grant border exemptions, he instead continues to push the case for some of Victoria’s 10 clubs to relocate to a quarantine hub in WA.

“The two-week quarantine arrangement needs to stay in place, the integrity of the state borders needs to stay,” McGowan said.

“It appears to me Victorian clubs aren’t willing to leave their comfort zone and come over here to hub in Western Australia, yet they expect our teams to go over there.
Ok i was being kind by saying you don't understand facts, but you keep at it, so now i will call it like it is.

You are a full on liar.

No club said they would not hub, some players (not all Vics) said there would be some who would not go in a worst case scenario.

Ok i was being kind by saying you don't understand facts, but you keep at it, so now i will call it like it is.

You are a full on liar.

No club said they would not hub, some players (not all Vics) said there would be some who would not go in a worst case scenario.
Players predominantly from Victorian clubs refused to hub under the AFL initial proposal. Fact.

They were more than happy when the next proposal involved everyone else going into a hub for an uncertain amount of time. Fact.

The afl and Victorian government tried pressuring other states to bring down their borders. Fact.

victorian clubs left Melbourne only when there was positively no other option. Fact.

Players predominantly from Victorian clubs refused to hub under the AFL initial proposal. Fact.

They were more than happy when the next proposal involved everyone else going into a hub for an uncertain amount of time. Fact.

The afl and Victorian government tried pressuring other states to bring down their borders. Fact.

victorian clubs left Melbourne only when there was positively no other option. Fact.
See your 1st one is wrong again, they didn't refuse, go read the quotes, they said, "there would be some players who MIGHT not go into hubs"

Now when the hubs started, guess what? some players didn't go.

As i said, you are unable to comprehend what a fact is.

Now, your initial statement was "Melbourne clubs refused to go into hubs"

Not 1 club refused, comprehend? probably not.

See your 1st one is wrong again, they didn't refuse, go read the quotes, they said, "there would be some players who MIGHT not go into hubs"

Now when the hubs started, guess what? some players didn't go.

As i said, you are unable to comprehend what a fact is.

Now, your initial statement was "Melbourne clubs refused to go into hubs"

Not 1 club refused, comprehend? probably not.
Melbourne players chucked a tantrum when the afl presented their first hub proposal in a zoom conference. So it was scrapped for one which proposed everyone else to go into a hub, which they found much more appealing. Better?

You can also not lockdown states over 1 case. Don’t expect other clubs to cop it because your leader wants to lock down the state every case that arises

The state of WA is not locked down. It is Perth, south of Perth and North of Perth. The hot spot designated area, not the entire state.

Similar to when Brisbane was locked down. The rest of QLD was not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training restrictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back