Roast Training standards / skills and fitness

Remove this Banner Ad

Sick of this mentality of “i’ll do what I have to do” I meet metrics, im liked.. **** that. No one likes me at my job but I get shit done as a leader. If you dont like it, **** off, pack your bag, get the **** off site. I run a ****ing tight ship. You know what? Ive been in a few scraps and blues because of it, but I dont give a ****. Thats how I do shit and thats how its being done. Productivity and Production. Get it done.

We need that and less of Roo Lotto. EAD Jy Simpkin and Luke Mcdonald, take that shave your head shit and stick it up your arse.

Build a following, but its too late for that now. I want both of you campaigners to **** off with your soft campaigner president

Hopefully pre-season is a bit more intense after that season finish, as opposed to last year where I suspect the playing group thought they'd turned the corner after smacking around a half-asleep Gold Coast side. They need to step up big time and supporters need to see some accountability.

I remember reading about the Irish rugby union captain who was retiring after losing his last game at the world cup. There campaign was over , they had a non compulsory recovery session the next morning, only one player turned up.
Yes, the retired captain.
I wonder if north had a non compulsory recovery session on Sunday, how many and who would turn up.
We need a massive shift in their commitment to getting better.

If we are the youngest and most inexperienced side then maybe the lack of training standard/ quality of training is understandable. Maybe this is something that needs to be learned and developed with experience? It seems like this has been hilighted and the team will put an emphasis on finding ways of improving standards.

If we are the youngest and most inexperienced side then maybe the lack of training standard/ quality of training is understandable. Maybe this is something that needs to be learned and developed with experience? It seems like this has been hilighted and the team will put an emphasis on finding ways of improving standards.
If we don't get good older successful players in then we are reliant on this somehow working out.

I dunno if I want to rely on that.

This^

Look at virtually every player who has been on our list 3+ years & tell me who has put on noticible size.

One of the commentators actually mentioned something along the line that most of the Hawks players look hard & fit eg Newcombe, Moore, Worpel looked ripped & even Ginivan is the fittest & strongest he's been.

It's no coincidence that the players who commit to a dedicated off season & pre season have the best years.....
Zurhahaha has put on a beer gut since signing his contract at least that’s putting on some size right?

Just need to look at Taylor and Stevenson. On the list for multiple years and built like 14 year olds. How does that happen...

Do they walk into the gym, sign their names and then leave?

These guys need Clarko to take them to the Kokoda

pre- trip Hawks sound really familiar

Conversely, I can see why post-saga Clarko might be hesitant to charge everyone into the ocean over wrong socks etc.

Bit of a sad state when you skipper (LMac) has hardly improved his body composition since he was drafted. That’s the standard right there.

Hopefully Sheez and X are the ones to set the standard this pre season

This is what j am saying. No one is leading the way with being competitive in the gym at the club

Who the **** is intimidated as a forward playing against Lmac? LOL

We need to start now though

We are so far behind in this category and I believe its contributing to most of our belief and our mental capability on the field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm very interesting. What club does this type of training in their preseason?

I remember Utah lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Training standards / skills and fitness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back