Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sure he'll be on rotation through the middle.
Just did he spend much time fwd last season? I canny remember.

Not a lot last year, but in his early days he played half-forward.

Did I miss something, has Clarko come out and say he has a different role for Jy in mind?

Most sides have about 4 main mids plus 1-2 50/50 and another maybe 1 surprise. Cunnington probably will bow out at the same time as Wardlaw comes in. So I think we're about set. Plus Simpkin can play a bit of wing and half forward as well.

Yeah I think you're correct on Wardlaw/Cunners.

We also have Greenwood, Howe and Shiels. I cannot get near naming our side for rd 1, we could have 8 or so mids in the team. Crikey.

FB: LMac, McKay, Bonar

HB: Ziebell, Logue, Perez

C: Scott LDU Taylor

HF: Simpkin, Larkey, Sheezel

F: Zurhaar Comben Curtis

R: Goldy, Cunners, Powell

Int: Shiels, Phillips, Xerri, Greenwood, Goater.

So that means no; ( games played in 2022 in brackets)

1. Dawson (4)
  2. CCJ (10)
  3. Thomas (10)
  4. Howe (nil)
  5. Turner( 17)
  6. Corr (20)
  7. Hall (11)
  8. Lazzaro (12)
  9. Mahony (13)
  10. Spicer (5)
  11. Stephenson (16)
  12. Young (20)
  13. Archer (3)
  14. Bergman (1)
  15. Tucker (nil)

Crikey!!

Goldstein - Cunnington - LDU - Phillips is a legit centre square lineup, Jy coming in from HF and TT coming in from HB, Scott and Taylor/Shiels on the wings, I can see that working.

At this stage Jy would be the most effective at HF out of himself, LDU, Phillips and Powell.

We're at the perfect stage for these kind of moves, see what you've got and where you've got it.

Maybe out of necessity (injuries / lack of other talent) he was forced to play that role and take the contested brunt at the coal face for the betterment of the team.
With more options and coverage (WiPhi, Cunners etc), they can be more selective with him.
I like the move. Can roll through the middle, kick goals and apply forward prensure. F50 tackles and composure forward lacking of late.
With ’brunt’ of contest and associated fatigue - and more time and space, his disposal will improve too.
Get the side step out and snap a few.
Also it would be nice to get 1 or 2 captains goals a game.

And apparently this is the same man who oversaw a brutal racist regime at Hawthorn. Yeah right. So many things these days you just have trouble believing.

It's not just that it was brutal and racist but that it also involved baby murrrrrrrderrrrrrrrr. Because Clarko hates families and especially POC families.

Goldstein - Cunnington - LDU - Phillips is a legit centre square lineup, Jy coming in from HF and TT coming in from HB, Scott and Taylor/Shiels on the wings, I can see that working.

At this stage Jy would be the most effective at HF out of himself, LDU, Phillips and Powell.

We're at the perfect stage for these kind of moves, see what you've got and where you've got it.
Also very exciting to see that they're trialing Paul Curtis and a fitter Zurhaar in there as well. Curtis has looked sublime in a couple of the intra-club hitouts playing out of the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone pointed out, it’s the unofficial praccy match. “Nab cup” match tbd
6-quarter scratch match I heard today. I was going to point out that this doesn't make sense mathematically, but decided to let it slide.
Aaron hall in fat club? Or does he look like he is carrying something also (other than his gut)
In my opinion he was in beautiful nick. Ran relentlessly the whole time.
Did you spot the coffee cart?
Free coffees! What a club!

I can't see the point in having Wardlaw, Simpkin, Phillips, LDU, Cunners & Powell on the list if they're not bi-positional. Then of course they've given Curtis midfield time recently.
Awkward Waynes World GIF

And apparently this is the same man who oversaw a brutal racist regime at Hawthorn. Yeah right. So many things these days you just have trouble believing.

Lol. Why do you think he’s doing it. Cynical, I know. I take it back. Or do I?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah I think you're correct on Wardlaw/Cunners.

We also have Greenwood, Howe and Shiels. I cannot get near naming our side for rd 1, we could have 8 or so mids in the team. Crikey.

FB: LMac, McKay, Bonar

HB: Ziebell, Logue, Perez

C: Scott LDU Taylor

HF: Simpkin, Larkey, Sheezel

F: Zurhaar Comben Curtis

R: Goldy, Cunners, Powell

Int: Shiels, Phillips, Xerri, Greenwood, Goater.

So that means no; ( games played in 2022 in brackets)

1. Dawson (4)
  2. CCJ (10)
  3. Thomas (10)
  4. Howe (nil)
  5. Turner( 17)
  6. Corr (20)
  7. Hall (11)
  8. Lazzaro (12)
  9. Mahony (13)
  10. Spicer (5)
  11. Stephenson (16)
  12. Young (20)
  13. Archer (3)
  14. Bergman (1)
  15. Tucker (nil)

Crikey!!
Corr in over Bonar.

Playing Jy HF is Clarkos way. He definitely wants us to be super flexible.

Still got no idea who will play round 1 though. Good problem to have imo.

I’ve booked my flights and hotel already to be there 💙 loss or win I just want to see our new north

PM us in the week before and we can arrange to catch up for a beer with a few posters here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back