Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

for Team flexibility it is very hard to justify Ziebell over Young, tho I understand the politics of playing JZ
Less politics. More about experience and leadership. Ziebs is still a champion and can hold his own. Maxwell was the least talented footballer to ever play the game and through leadership alone was picked every week and captained the Pies. North have very few players that bring what Ziebell does to the table in that respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Less politics. More about experience and leadership. Ziebs is still a champion and can hold his own. Maxwell was the least talented footballer to ever play the game and through leadership alone was picked every week and captained the Pies. North have very few players that bring what Ziebell does to the table in that respect.

Maxwell retired before 30 as was unable to compete...whereas JZ is still wanting to continue on at 32. Personally can't see JZ fit in... given the locks so assuming two pretty much flankers left can't see him push ahead of tt goats hall Perez bonar drury to name a few.... not doubting his efforts and leadership over the years and has been great for us but it is coming to an end

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Never liked him when he was playing, but the Dyl & Friends episode with him is very good. A fair bit of adversity for that guy to make it on to an AFL list, let alone be a premiership captain.
Worth a listen.

Maxwell retired before 30 as was unable to compete...whereas JZ is still wanting to continue on at 32. Personally can't see JZ fit in... given the locks so assuming two pretty much flankers left can't see him push ahead of tt goats hall Perez bonar drury to name a few.... not doubting his efforts and leadership over the years and has been great for us but it is coming to an end

Its not just what he offers with the footy, and though he’s not the skipper anymore he’s easily the most vocal player on the ground, constantly organising structure, telling everyone where they should be setting up.

this image really hits home we have finally nailed the off field support,

324188757_3437962869860826_253759736129818560_n.jpg

I’ve heard this a number of times now - it’s going to interesting to see where we land as a best 23-27 and roles etc.

He’ll play but where and for how long is the question?
His best position is as a HF. He’s dangerous overhead, and can kick the ball a mile.

Its not just what he offers with the footy, and though he’s not the skipper anymore he’s easily the most vocal player on the ground, constantly organising structure, telling everyone where they should be setting up.
The problem as I see it is that he doesn't offer anything with the footy. Last season he was the worst player in the worst side - consistently poor to the point of being an embarrassment. I have watched him his whole career and I don't think he was ever much more than a good ordinary player. No tricks.

He is well past it. If he's in the side in round 1, I will fair dinkum spew up.

Yeah not sure about that. Maybe was needed with kids and when no one was sure of the structure in past couple of ssns but not sure much now. Coaches have simplified this and got the buy in. Then out there lmac certainly isn't quiet and you have buckets now in leadership and corr who is a leader and former grand finalist too plus griff so plenty of others now with experience to stand up. Plus Shiels brought in too for his leadership

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back