Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They'll be loaned or sold. Can only have 25 over 21.
Or just left in the magoos if they cant be sold. It's not exactly a solid way of operating nor is what the Chelsea Superfan posted near correct.

Or just left in the magoos if they cant be sold. It's not exactly a solid way of operating nor is what the Chelsea Superfan posted near correct.
The only ones left from that loan group that'll play development league are the under 21s. The rest will be moved on.

Agree our way of operating isn't solid, it's chaotic.

Longer contracts, lower wages. It's a different way of doing things and will be interesting to see if it ends up making sense.
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Longer contracts, lower wages. It's a different way of doing things and will be interesting to see if it ends up making sense.

I wonder how it would work with players who want out or the club wants to push out and have guaranteed wages for another 5/6/7 years or so. It will mean Chelsea will have to wear a low transfer fee so these players can be compensated by their new employers for the difference between the total wage value of their new & old contracts.

Dunno why players like Tosin sign for Chelsea only to not even be included in the European squad. Like how do they entice these guys to sign if the wages aren't ridiculous?

I wonder how it would work with players who want out or the club wants to push out and have guaranteed wages for another 5/6/7 years or so. It will mean Chelsea will have to wear a low transfer fee so these players can be compensated by their new employers for the difference between the total wage value of their new & old contracts.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Dunno why players like Tosin sign for Chelsea only to not even be included in the European squad. Like how do they entice these guys to sign if the wages aren't ridiculous?
I guess he wanted to stay in London, was always coming in as a squad player. Sell Chalobah(still needs to be sold though) replacement him with Tosin and get a FFP relief.

I'm sure he'll be in the full European squad, the one for this week's game is smaller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe signed because available on a freebie and can be sold down the track for a positive PSR boost. It's telling that he only gets a 4 year deal.

I did click on it. They still exist in the squad. Most teams sell before buying. Chelsea just buy and then leave the rest to rot.

What are the limits on this?

Can you have a squad of 86 players loaning 60 out at a time all on long term deals? On loan players don't count against PSR amortization figures so wouldn't cause an issue there. Nor do wages when a player is loaned out (unless the club is paying a shortfall).

And when you sell one in the summer window you get big positive PSR benefit as long as the transfer fee exceeds book value.

What are the limits on this?

Can you have a squad of 86 players loaning 60 out at a time all on long term deals? On loan players don't count against PSR amortization figures so wouldn't cause an issue there. Nor do wages when a player is loaned out (unless the club is paying a shortfall).

And when you sell one in the summer window you get big positive PSR benefit as long as the transfer fee exceeds book value.

The limit is the limit on the amount of players teams can have out on loan.

Will be interesting to see if the lower wages idea is reality, or just something that Chelsea is putting out.

Over £400m last set of accounts.

Will be interesting to see if the lower wages idea is reality, or just something that Chelsea is putting out.

I'm more interested to see how long it lasts. They'll want payrises eventually.

We are pretty obviously pushing everyone out who has contracts from before the structure was bought in.

Last edited:
Not sure about this lower wages stuff. I recall Sterling is on £300k-£325k per week, with 3 years left on his contract I believe.
The wage structure came in with the new Sporting Directors, not that first Boehly window.

Sterlings wages are why they are trying to squeeze him out, same with Chilwell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back