Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The wage structure came in with the new Sporting Directors, not that first Boehly window.

Sterlings wages are why they are trying to squeeze him out, same with Chilwell.
Good luck squeezing them out on outrageous wages like theirs. Who else is going to give them that and then if that's the case, why would they leave?

Where does it say that in the PSR rules?

I assume he means that if a player is out on loan their wages don't count which is correct, but their contract amortisation would still count because of course it would.

He's sitting pretty. Guaranteed 325k / week for another 3 years.

You might need to let him go for nothing to get him off the books.
Not sure not playing is sitting pretty for any professional footballer, I think he'd rather go out on loan somewhere TBH.

Judging by Sterling's camps statement he has a bit more motivation than Winston to play haha.
Honestly don't mind Chelsea hoarding players. You've basically financed my club through overpaying for Kante, Drinkwater, Chilwell, Fofana, KDH and probably some others. Man U helped with the Maguire transfer too.

Honestly don't mind Chelsea hoarding players. You've basically financed my club through overpaying for Kante, Drinkwater, Chilwell, Fofana, KDH and probably some others. Man U helped with the Maguire transfer too.

Overpaying… for Kante? 😳

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see if the lower wages idea is reality, or just something that Chelsea is putting out.

Over £400m last set of accounts.
That's 1m per player at Chelsea though. ;)

I thought I remember reading that players not in the squad didn't count against amortisation figures. Maybe I was wrong, do they actually count against amortisation?
They would have to, otherwise you'd write off all the expenses of a signing by loaning someone out, and then get all of the profit when you sell them.

Doesn't make any sense.

I'm more interested to see how long it lasts. They'll want payrises eventually.

We are pretty obviously pushing everyone out who has contracts from before the structure was bought in.
When it comes down to it, there's a fair correlation between wages and success. I'm a bit sceptical that the Chelsea wage bill will come down significantly, but if it does it will be interesting to see if they can overcome that correlation.

I assume he means that if a player is out on loan their wages don't count which is correct, but their contract amortisation would still count because of course it would.
If they can get someone to cover their full wages it won't. Not sure that is always the case though.

Absolutely understand Sterling wanting clarification when it looks like more than a few are being run out of the club.

Could just pick up the phone though, or ask his agent to ask the club in private.

I don't think anyone will pay a fee for him so if he goes permanently Chelsea will have to take a loss on the books. Even loaning him out will cost them around £10m a season in amortisation costs. Plus whatever wages they cover.

But if I was Steeling, at his age and point in career I'd refuse a loan and demand a sale.

No doubt our wage bill is big(not sure I believe the second biggest but it'd be easily top 4 or 5), this is why the wage structure is happening. To bring it under control.

Hmm I get the Chelsea PR machine is in overdrive given some of the ridiculous things that are happening around the club. This stuff just doesn’t add up though. The current ownership may purport to try and bring the wage bill under the control, they’re also the ones who have chosen to spend the astronomical fees that have placed the club in its current position.

Was sent this last week. I know transfermarkt is not the be all end all, however still. Damn some of those fees paid….

Hmm I get the Chelsea PR machine is in overdrive given some of the ridiculous things that are happening around the club. This stuff just doesn’t add up though. The current ownership may purport to try and bring the wage bill under the control, they’re also the ones who have chosen to spend the astronomical fees that have placed the club in its current position.

Was sent this last week. I know transfermarkt is not the be all end all, however still. Damn some of those fees paid….

While I think transfer market figures are a bit shit, we've certainly overpaid for players. No doubt there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back