Travis Varcoe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Calls for Varcoe to be dropped

varcoe can change the result of a game with a little magic... that little crumb to chappy gave us a 2nd flag...

if it's a big stage and a tight contest, i'd think you want varcoe there... if he does a leon davis and goes missing on the big stage... it would be time for varcoe to reinvent himself...

Much better effort today from varc's espically the 1st Q.

Thought I'd bounce my prediction from the preview thread:

Prediction*: Travis Varcoe to put in his best game of the season (better than the 3rd Q against Carlton!)

* or wishful thinking?

Varcoe's game today was excellent. Best 4Q performance of the season so far. Nice problem for the selectors this week.

now if he was dropped this week as many in here wanted, could his confidence and perhaps eventual turn around in form be for the better or worse if he was infact dropped? I reckon it was the best thing for him to persist and today's game highlighted just how good he is when given the role and out's. Great stuff Trav:thumbsu: I never doubted him but like they say...needs to produce that again next week.

Varcoe had a slightly different role today and more responsibility with both Bartel and Kelly out. He stood up extremely well - excellent performance.

"He's (Varcoe) been doing the hard work it's good to finally see him get the reward"

Cameron Ling after the game.

This myth that Trav is lazy is just that - a myth. Nothing more to say.

You're a complete fool, either that or you know nothing about AFL or team sport for that matter. You're prepared to rate Varcoe on 1 game against pathetic opposition who barely had a crack?? I'll take the other 12 games thanks. Hard work isn't just about running, it's about doing the 1%s, winning the footy, tackling in forward 50, being accountable... all of which Varcoe has been terrible at all year.

Adelaide were insipid today. The room they gave all of our players was dreadful. Really, any half decent footballer could have put on a show out there today. No one should rate Varcoe from today's game alone, which is what you're doing. He is completely stagnant in tough contested games, which is not good enough.

He probably does deserve a game next week, although personally I think Christiansen was better... and plays a great brand. Varcoe needs to start playing well against good opposition or he's going to continue to be useless when it matters... in FINALS!

Disrespectful & completely uncalled for.

Your credibility was utterly obliterated inside your first 4 words.

"fool·ish
1. (of a person or action) Lacking good sense or judgment; unwise.
2. Silly; ridiculous: "he'd been made to look foolish""

Pretty accurate I would have thought.. :rolleyes:

So is the man who said this of Varcoe also a fool?

[He was] outstanding.
Only four to six weeks ago he was in our top half-dozen players for the year, so it's not like he's been horrendous for a long period of time.

He had two or three quiet games and he was either subbed, or started as a sub, in two of those.

We were never panicking with Trav, but he just showed what a dynamic player he can be.

Chris Scott

I liked his game today
Looked more switched on, even though the opposition was second rate.
Good signs.
I love the guy when he is firing, but as pointed out, he has to deliver in a few bigger games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get sucked in by drinking too early on a sunday patrick.
You'll learn as you age

Only saw the second half at SS today but Travis still doesn't sit in the best 22. That half hearted effort at a mark at ground level that resulted in a turnover and goal to Adelaide and the repeated handball to a player under pressure just don't make it for me.
His decision making continues to be awful and his refusal to throw his body at the ball make him well behind Christensen as just one example.

You're a complete fool, either that or you know nothing about AFL or team sport for that matter. You're prepared to rate Varcoe on 1 game against pathetic opposition who barely had a crack?? I'll take the other 12 games thanks. Hard work isn't just about running, it's about doing the 1%s, winning the footy, tackling in forward 50, being accountable... all of which Varcoe has been terrible at all year.

How did you rate his game against Carlton? Most people on here gave him votes. That was a really tough game for us and he stood up.

he did a lot of good stuff today. And I have had a crack at him a little this year.
Seemed to not worry that he was going to interrupt another cat player today and just went for it.

Still needs to cut out the 1 metre handball But he was easily in our top ten today.
Your drunk or patrick if you disagree

Senior players play four quarters of football can cat, not flashes or bits.

Watch the game mate !! You have admitted you didnt see it. By the way scarlett was shit wasnt he?

How did you rate his game against Carlton? Most people on here gave him votes. That was a really tough game for us and he stood up.

Yeah pretty good, Freo game was his best, 1st Hawks game was good too... the rest :thumbsdown:.

Today was good but I'll hold my judgement till next week. Today's game was Geelong VS Witches Hats, no player should be judged to closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back