Trent Cotchin

Captain Cotchin or Riewoldt for 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacobs played a great game. Trent positioned himself so that Goldstein's taps did not lead to an easy straight path to North's goal. So he recognized he was being well blanketed so he thought that the next best thing for the team was to try to block. I'm sure none of you could see that on TV but was obvious to those at the game who watch these things.
:D now you're just taking the piss.

They probably should have gone to Deledio after Newman, but I feel like that ship's sailed for going to Lids now.

Riewoldt wouldn't be the worst option. Rance has done wonders leading our defence, I think it could be interesting to see how he'd go with the whole team.

But I'm not sure Cotchin should just be tossed aside on the basis of two bad games a year apart - even if they were two finals and his capitulation was particularly crushing. I thought this year until then was his best since 2012, and had some truly fantastic performances within it. He might just be again finding his feet as captain and the confidence for it, it would almost seem cruel to strip it from him now.

Just like the Saints only recruit guys with refined wood crafting skills?
Not sure if you noticed or maybe you were too busy parading your Richmond jumper in the mirror, but the saints didn't finish last this year? Happen to notice that at all? As I said earlier, would rather finish bottom half that be kidding myself as a team that we were actually capable of winning a final. By the way have they found Trent yet? Or are they going to start putting photos on milk cartons?

Not sure if you noticed or maybe you were too busy parading your Richmond jumper in the mirror, but the saints didn't finish last this year? Happen to notice that at all? As I said earlier, would rather finish bottom half that be kidding myself as a team that we were actually capable of winning a final. By the way have they found Trent yet? Or are they going to start putting photos on milk cartons?
No you wouldn't. Stop bsing. People were banging on about how Melbourne haven't improved yet they finished above you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you improve when you have been straight out of the finials race 3 years in a row or 3/4 for years or whatever it is. You guys could make a sequel to straight out of Compton - Straight Outta September

New South Park episode online midday tomorrow :thumbsu:

There is a sequel to 'The Chosen Few' AFL coaches documentary screening on GF eve but focusing on the captains instead. The teaser has Cotchin saying that he has "never been one of the boys".

LAst year's film was fantastic I thought and quite revealing in the case of some coaches.

I'm really struggling to think of a player in the league whose weaknesses are so outrageously overlooked by the supporters of his team more than Trent Cotchin's are.

He's been good-average for 3 seasons now - certainly no where near the heights or consistency of his 2012 year. He's an average kick, gets too many cheap 1-2 junk possessions, struggles to break a tag, and doesn't put in the regular performances that you'd expect from a supposed A-grader like him. Yet they (Richmond supporters) still think of him as this "obscenely good footballer" when nowadays he just really isn't.

Maybe he'll get back to reproducing the form of his fantastic 2012 season, but until he does I'm sure Richmond supporters will find some more excuses as to why he isn't (the knee injury from 2 years ago no longer flies).

I'm really struggling to think of a player in the league whose weaknesses are so outrageously overlooked by the supporters of his team more than Trent Cotchin's are.

He's been good-average for 3 seasons now - certainly no where near the heights or consistency of his 2012 year. He's an average kick, gets too many cheap 1-2 junk possessions, struggles to break a tag, and doesn't put in the regular performances that you'd expect from a supposed A-grader like him. Yet they (Richmond supporters) still think of him as this "obscenely good footballer" when nowadays he just really isn't.

Maybe he'll get back to reproducing the form of his fantastic 2012 season, but until he does I'm sure Richmond supporters will find some more excuses as to why he isn't (the knee injury from 2 years ago no longer flies).

Very well said, and to call him an average kick is very kind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trent Cotchin

Back