Toast Trent McKenzie Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

I was always hopeful with Trent but not as a kpd he showed at the end of last yr he can fill this roll.
My biggest concern is when we come up against the big fowards.

Not sure how he will go against the better KPF's if has to play on them but has continued his reliable solid form of 2019 at both SANFL and AFL level into 2020. Keep it up cannon.

He has always had the talent, always had the potential, but was a disappointment up here at GC. I don't reckon he gave it his all. Young man, poor club, vibrant gold Coast, and he went the way of much of the early GC talent.

Now a new professional club, guys like Boak as role models, great passion, and I would hazard a guess to say It isthe first season he has ever been full fit and uninjured.

Great career resurrection and bargain pick up. Hopefully he carries it through the season.

Makes our Howard deal look like highway robbery, he wouldn't make our 22 at the moment.
Dougal Howard could be a Saints trade steal that 'will come back to haunt Port Adelaide', says Kane Cornes.
OK Kane .. What has he done in 2020 season LOL
We all know what Trent McKenzie has done at Port ;)

Dougal Howard could be a Saints trade steal that 'will come back to haunt Port Adelaide', says Kane Cornes.
OK Kane .. What has he done in 2020 season LOL
We all know what Trent McKenzie has done at Port ;)
Doog and Ryder have improved the Saints. I still think we have got unders.

Doog and Ryder have improved the Saints. I still think we have got unders.
No! Ryder is lucky to be getting games. By playing him they are holding back Marshall. He will soon be dropped and wont get another game barring injury IMO.

Doogs is OK, but nothing out the box. He is nowhere near great ATM, and what we gained from that trade outweighs the loss IMO. Our list management the last two years is proving to be A-plus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought McKenzie was just a list filler albeit one with a very long and fairly accurate kick, so he has definitely surprised me.
Still not sure if a combination of him, Clurey, and Jonas will cope when a gorilla forward or two get off the chain though, and it has to happen one day.

hqdefault.jpg

They won’t drop Ryder. Marshall is very good at all the ruck stuff except rucking, which is why Ryder is there.
You reckon Ryder is better! Mate his archilles are buggered, and Ryder is not tall, so relies on his leap to match the 200cm plus rucks. They are one of the few teams playing 2 rucks, and will soon be found out IMO.

You reckon Ryder is better! Mate his archilles are buggered, and Ryder is not tall, so relies on his leap to match the 200cm plus rucks. They are one of the few teams playing 2 rucks, and will soon be found out IMO.

I didn’t say he was better, I said Marshall is good at all the ruck stuff except rucking, and that’s why Ryder is there. He’s an excellent tap ruck.

I didn’t say he was better, I said Marshall is good at all the ruck stuff except rucking, and that’s why Ryder is there. He’s an excellent tap ruck.
No doubt Marshall is still learning his craft, but Ryder is just a shell of the great tap ruckman he used to be ... They will be forced to make a choice.

I think McKenzie has been good so far. Really enjoying his intercept marking and positioning.
What frustrating me somewhat in Rd1 and 2 was that we'd only see 20m chip passes when we know what he can do but then we dont really want someone bombing out of defence to no one do we

In the wet in Rd3 it was good to see him hoofing the wet footy 50+ effortlessly under those conditions. If you want someone to clear it out quick he is your man

Would love to see him kick a few of those goals in his highlights for us though

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Trent McKenzie Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back