MRP / Trib. Tribunal Thread - rules and offences discombobulation

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess the good guy media whine didn't apply to Houston this year but next year should be a certainty. Nothing the MRO does surprises me when Port are in the dock. Has not changed since 1997.
I hope we have the tenacity to win it all to absolutely stick it up the corrupt VFL

You are wrong. Any bump that causes a brain injury will be graded as high contact regardless of whether it hits shoulder neck head whatever. Just look at tackles around the waste that cause the head to bump the ground. They are not graded body contact they are graded high contact. How can it not be graded high contact if that is where the injury is sustained?

Anyway please provide instructions for how I delete my account. I’ve had enough of this ****ing biased league it’s a complete waste of time as is posting in this forum.

This is what the tribunal said

There was material before the Tribunal which it could be found that there was forceful high contact to the neck and that there was forceful contact to the opponent’s upper shoulder.

It was not about the result, the tribunal determined there was high physical contact. The appeals board supported that finding.

As for your request:

This is what the tribunal said

It was not about the result, the tribunal determined there was high physical contact. The appeals board supported that finding.

As for your request:

What material are they referring to? It would be nice to see it.

I didn't think there was a lot in it, but who really thought Liam Jones would get suspended? The blood lust has been sated with Dan Houston's penalty.

Bwahaha apparently he didn't get off lightly enough. Add a couple more for wasting the tribunal's time.

Nothing changes in VFL land when their heroes are seen to break the rules. The actions are downgraded, with great excuses why it wasn't what our eyes see, rather what the journos tell us and that is transmitted to MRO decisions. Of course the media and public are OK with being more gracious and excusing the difficult fraction of a second split decision making options that their players must navigate when doing the exact same thing our players are viciously scrutinized with religious zealotry on the same MRO rules of the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all these significant and obvious discrepancies surely there is an opportunity to address Houstons case in the courts???
The AFL is not above the law as we see in racial and injury cases, and this competition involves multi million dollars and players careers.
Getting the best in the legal business surely could open this basket case of an organisation up to some level of accountability surely!

The high contact was due to it being judged top of the shoulder/neck. So your point is wrong.

That was the assessment of the MRO, tribunal and appeals board.

There was absolutely no room for a court injunction other than a whiny "It's not fair".

I think the penalty was too high, 3 matches and you would have took it and run.

But as I posted earlier the appeals board threw out all the grounds we objected on.

They said the bump was high contact.

They said the penalty was not manifestly excessive.

They said Houston's good record was taken into account.

The tribunal had already said they wouldn't give any greater weighting to missing finals.

They covered all their bases. Any further argument is He said, she said. That will go nowhere in court.

The system is made to allow inconsistencies.

“Unfair” is a factual statement.

So, I see O'Farrell is not the magician the media cast him as. He didn't get Owie off last night.

(Note: this isn't a dig at O'Farrell. I know and like him. It is just frustrating to see facile assessments of lawyers based on their results)
You sound like a Ken defender

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Pickett hearing went 3 hours
I guess my real question is why? how? It was pretty clear cut.

Is that 3 hours before the panel deliberated for an hour or so?

The Pickett hearing went 3 hours
Zita spends a lot of time joking about the Tribunal "deliberating" for a long time. But I suspect that they actually only spent a short time deciding to uphold Pickett's suspension, and that the vast majority of the time is actually spent putting together all of the arguments in a way that will hold up against appeal.

Especially after we had two cases thrown out because the Tribunal apparently didn't consider the likelihood to cause injury in making its ruling for Cameron and Bedford. Two cases where the victim was actually injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Tribunal Thread - rules and offences discombobulation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back