Trump - Harris Presidential Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it make you feel worse to know I am a staunch conservative? I think JB calls me reactionary. The loser thinks that is an insult?
I don’t care what or who you are. The insults say more about you than anything. He has a different opinion to me & maybe you too. Doesn’t make anyone a loser.

e205266cb7708bfe9fbf270a99ec8070.gif

And the answer?

Sidey isn't a doctor, nor is Wakefield

Let's recall what the General Medical Council said about Wakefield upon de-registration: Wakefield failed in the care of vulnerable children and was guilty of "irresponsible and misleading reporting of research findings potentially having such major implications for public health".

I expect you were one of the many well-intentioned people taken in by this fraudster and cognitive dissonance is making it hard to reverse your thinking

Let's recall what the General Medical Council said about Wakefield upon de-registration: Wakefield failed in the care of vulnerable children and was guilty of "irresponsible and misleading reporting of research findings potentially having such major implications for public health".

I expect you were one of the many well-intentioned people taken in by this fraudster and cognitive dissonance is making it hard to reverse your thinking
If I am not a doctor, then Frizzle should

Trust Me 80S GIF by Warner Archive

No you guessed wrong. I hadn’t even heard of him until this thread. I’ve made up my own mind on what I believe & don’t believe. I no longer have faith in the medical profession. Sorry Mr Sideswipe.

No you guessed wrong. I hadn’t even heard of him until this thread. I’ve made up my own mind on what I believe & don’t believe. I no longer have faith in the medical profession. Sorry Mr Sideswipe.
You might not have heard of Wakefield, but you have definitely indirectly consumed his tripe.

At some stage in the hopefully very distant future, you might need some medical assistance. That faith might then make a very rapid return

I'll make my own mind up thanks & I definitely don't trust science. Are you a Doctor?

Just for context, my leftist leanings aren't relevant to this particular issue. Many rightists --including reactionary smegma like Swiper-- praise the scientific method and many of its achievements.

Why don't you trust science and what authority do you rely on when scientific questions (e.g. vaccines) are involved?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just for context, my leftist leanings aren't relevant to this particular issue. Many rightists --including reactionary smegma like Swiper-- praise the scientific method and many of its achievements.

Why don't you trust science and what authority do you rely on when scientific questions (e.g. vaccines) are involved?
I especially like medical science when it isn't made available to everyone.

Jesus, that was a nasty, phallocentric metaphor

‘reactionary smegma’

You might not have heard of Wakefield, but you have definitely indirectly consumed his tripe.

At some stage in the hopefully very distant future, you might need some medical assistance. That faith might then make a very rapid return
I'm 60. That's a decent innings. :)

I didn't intend to say I trust no doctors, nurses, surgeons or scientists at all. I just need to find my own who do not bow down to whatever Big Pharma decides are facts. Case in point on diabetes.

I didn't intend to say I trust no doctors, nurses, surgeons or scientists at all. I just need to find my own who do not bow down to whatever Big Pharma decides are facts. Case in point on diabetes.

So you believe whatever you want to believe and disregard the rest.

Very alpha.

The Harris campaign makes political sense. They're willing to estrange themselves from the small proportion of Dem voters who take progressive economics and genocide seriously.

In return, they'll pick up a more significant number of conservatives who are horrified by another term of Trump.

They are not quite emulating Trump. They'll pitch for reproductive rights, support Ukraine, avoid overt racism, take a hard line on illegals without demonising them, give the constitution due respect etc. But they are positioning the Dems upon ground which has historically been occupied by many Republicans, maybe slightly to the right of someone like John McCain.

There's a lot to not like about it. If I was a US citizen, I can't imagine voting for Harris.

That might change. The difficulty in formulating and articulating the agenda of a new government when you're still the VP of the old regime shouldn't be underestimated. This leaves us to pick through the minutiae of banal statements, searching for the portents of something different and better, and my current disappointment might one day become jubilation.

But I doubt it.
...so JB, look for an alternative.

Last edited:
US politics is a madhouse.

Cornell West, supposedly an independent ''left" presidential candidate, has recently released a video supporting Kennedy's anti-vaccine and pandemic denial positions.

Here is the response of Kennedy:

“. Kudos to Cornel West for speaking out. That takes courage. If you’re not careful, soon they’ll be calling you a right-wing anti-vaxxer too!”

In response, West retweeted Kennedy and said, “Thank you my dear brother @RobertKennedyJr—we must fight against all forms of corruption, greed, hatred and genocide! God bless you and your precious family!”

That same day, August 26, Roger Stone, a high-level Trump operative who played a leading role in organizing Proud Boy, Oath Keeper and other fascist militia elements that stormed the Capitol on January 6, 2021, also replied positively to West’s tweet: “Something significant is happening in American politics when I wholeheartedly agree with @CornelWest.”

Mainstream US politics is assuming the form of a demented Mobius strip which is twisted but has only one surface, a surface of the most disgusting political regression

No such thing as "left and right" in US official politics now. Cornell West is happy to fraternise with a deranged right wing element like RFK, who has recently gone over to Trump.

Trump operatives are acknowledging their agreement with so called "lefts".

US politics is a madhouse.

Cornell West, supposedly an independent ''left" presidential candidate, has recently released a video supporting Kennedy's anti-vaccine and pandemic denial positions.

Here is the response of Kennedy:

“. Kudos to Cornel West for speaking out. That takes courage. If you’re not careful, soon they’ll be calling you a right-wing anti-vaxxer too!”

In response, West retweeted Kennedy and said, “Thank you my dear brother @RobertKennedyJr—we must fight against all forms of corruption, greed, hatred and genocide! God bless you and your precious family!”

That same day, August 26, Roger Stone, a high-level Trump operative who played a leading role in organizing Proud Boy, Oath Keeper and other fascist militia elements that stormed the Capitol on January 6, 2021, also replied positively to West’s tweet: “Something significant is happening in American politics when I wholeheartedly agree with @CornelWest.”

Mainstream US politics is assuming the form of a demented Mobius strip which is twisted but has only one surface, a surface of the most disgusting political regression

No such thing as "left and right" in US official politics now. Cornell West is happy to fraternise with a deranged right wing element like RFK, who has recently gone over to Trump.

Trump operatives are acknowledging their agreement with so called "lefts".
Appears I am not the only person that struggles with the intellect of Mr West. His actual policy is;
  • Vaccine Safety and Utilization Panel ensures that trust in our public health institutions is restored and maintained. By grounding our vaccination programs in science, transparency, and community engagement, we protect our nation's health while respecting its people's autonomy and concerns.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/autism-statistics-asd#

I think 1in 36 is way too high & needs to be investigated. Including vaccine's.
Once upon a time atoms used to be the smallest things there were. Then suddenly all these sub-atomic particles suddenly appeared. We really need to investigate where they came from and get rid of them. I'd begin by looking more closely at the smallpox vaccine. It occured around a similar time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back