Trump - Harris Presidential Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
US politics is a madhouse.

Cornell West, supposedly an independent ''left" presidential candidate, has recently released a video supporting Kennedy's anti-vaccine and pandemic denial positions.

Here is the response of Kennedy:

“. Kudos to Cornel West for speaking out. That takes courage. If you’re not careful, soon they’ll be calling you a right-wing anti-vaxxer too!”

In response, West retweeted Kennedy and said, “Thank you my dear brother @RobertKennedyJr—we must fight against all forms of corruption, greed, hatred and genocide! God bless you and your precious family!”

That same day, August 26, Roger Stone, a high-level Trump operative who played a leading role in organizing Proud Boy, Oath Keeper and other fascist militia elements that stormed the Capitol on January 6, 2021, also replied positively to West’s tweet: “Something significant is happening in American politics when I wholeheartedly agree with @CornelWest.”

Mainstream US politics is assuming the form of a demented Mobius strip which is twisted but has only one surface, a surface of the most disgusting political regression

No such thing as "left and right" in US official politics now. Cornell West is happy to fraternise with a deranged right wing element like RFK, who has recently gone over to Trump.

Trump operatives are acknowledging their agreement with so called "lefts".

is "fraternising" with someone who has a different opinion against some law? I like West, although he seems to be caught in a time warp with the 1960s. I also like a lot of what Kennedy says.

The most demented bit of the US system is that there are two groups of people who never talk to each other.

i like tim walz, probably more than kamala harris. He'd probably more acceptable to republican voters than harris.

Walz is a stated lutheran, although he was brought up a catholic, but he is mostly pragmatic. It's hard not to be christian when you're politicking in the US, as we've seen from the laughable attempts by trump to become a christian in recent years.

I feel confident that Jesus remains a hero to Donald.

The Big Lebowski Jesus GIF by Working Title

Kamala gave an interview. How exciting for the Trumpeteers who so longed to hear her do talking stuff!

But they're suspicious about Kamala's repeated failure to talk about her employment at McDonalds. What's she trying to hide? There's rumours that she spat in every second Quarter Pounder.

We need another interview.

Kamala gave an interview. How exciting for the Trumpeteers who so longed to hear her do talking stuff!

But they're suspicious about Kamala's repeated failure to talk about her employment at McDonalds. What's she trying to hide? There's rumours that she spat in every second Quarter Pounder.

Trump has given an early critique..... she doesnt look as good as she did on the cover of Time. She had lines around her eyes. He's not sure if she would fit into ivanka's school clothes...

Do they ever actually discuss political issues in American Politics?

Just seems to be a never ending discussion about personality and the framing and creation of the public persona to get elected.

Do they ever actually discuss political issues in American Politics?

Just seems to be a never ending discussion about personality and the framing and creation of the public persona to get elected.

I could be quite wrong, but I think that US politics has a deeper policy focus than the Australian scene.

But it also has a bigger circus quality.

Capturing Barnaby Joyce shouting down the phone whilst splattered on the pavement isn't bad, but the US will always respond with a bear in Central Park.

is "fraternising" with someone who has a different opinion against some law? I like West, although he seems to be caught in a time warp with the 1960s. I also like a lot of what Kennedy says.

The most demented bit of the US system is that there are two groups of people who never talk to each other.
Not against the law. But it illustrates that between Cornell West and Trump there is no definitive barrier. He can agree with Trump on the question of vaccines, thereby signalling his willingness to join in the anti-science crusade.

Who knows what else he will agree with??

Hence the Mobius strip analogy.

There is no genuine separation between any of the capitalist politicians on any issue.

Indeed, she gave an interview. And like you, i hope that she does more, so that the full scope of her right wing, militarist, anti-immigrant policies become ever clearer.

What did she say in this interview?

a) She fully defends Israel's "right to defend itself" and will continue to supply weaponry to the Zionist state so that it can complete the genocide.

Questioned by the CNN interviewer, she declared: "Let me be very clear, unequivocal and unwavering in my commitment to Israel’s defense and its ability to defend itself. And that’s not going to change.""

b) Despite Biden's warning in an earlier speech that Trump represents threat to US democracy, Harris openly affirmed her willingness to allow Republicans into her administration:

" I think it’s very important. I have spent my career inviting diversity of opinion. I think it’s important to have people at the table when some of the most important decisions are being made that have different views, different experiences, and I think it would be to the benefit of the American public to have a member of my cabinet who was a Republican."

This, even though the Republican party is choc a bloc full of fascists and anti-Semitic Christian fundamentalists.

c) Harris has fully embraced Trump''s anti immigrant venom. In this interview, she blamed Trump for blocking the Democrats' $20 billion anti-immigrant bill aimed at expanding the border police apparatus.

d) She rejected any notion that she would prevent fracking.

Not against the law. But it illustrates that between Cornell West and Trump there is no definitive barrier. He can agree with Trump on the question of vaccines, thereby signalling his willingness to join in the anti-science crusade.

Who knows what else he will agree with??

Hence the Mobius strip analogy.

There is no genuine separation between any of the capitalist politicians on any issue.

well you might be from another era lovey... i think the media encourages politicians to have extreme positions so that they can leverage the dumb smucks to vote for them, who think that life is simple and there are easy answers to life's problems. So this genuine separation is not going to occur too often. In fact, even on abortion there is a separate set of difficult questions for each side and each set of difficult questions is never asked by the media to "their" candidates. For example, fox never asks if a girl should be forced to have a child by her father who has r*ped her...... and MSNBC would never ask harris on what day does a foetus become a baby.

west was agreeing with kennedy at any rate, i think... i dont think trump is anti vax. He just wants the plebs to work for billionaires and make them richer...so staying home worrying about a virus is not an option. In fact, I dont think trump believes in anything other than himself and money and what it can buy....

well you might be from another era lovey... i think the media encourages politicians to have extreme positions so that they can leverage the dumb smucks to vote for them, who think that life is simple and there are easy answers to life's problems. So this genuine separation is not going to occur too often. In fact, even on abortion there is a separate set of difficult questions for each side and each set of difficult questions is never asked by the media to "their" candidates. For example, fox never asks if a girl should be forced to have a child by her father who has r*ped her...... and MSNBC would never ask harris on what day does a foetus become a baby.

west was agreeing with kennedy at any rate, i think... i dont think trump is anti vax. He just wants the plebs to work for billionaires and make them richer...so staying home worrying about a virus is not an option. In fact, I dont think trump believes in anything other than himself and money and what it can buy....
I am hardly from a different era
The concept of Harris being the "lesser evil" to Trump is one of Harris' major electoral pitches right now.
In fact, this entire board's (majority) sympathy for Harris ultimately rests on this fraud.
What I am attempting to explain is that Harris does not represent a "lesser evil". She is merely one face of the coin. As is any other capitalist politician: ie, Harris, Trump, Cornell West, RFK....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am hardly from a different era
The concept of Harris being the "lesser evil" to Trump is one of Harris' major electoral pitches right now.
In fact, this entire board's (majority) sympathy for Harris ultimately rests on this fraud.
What I am attempting to explain is that Harris does not represent a "lesser evil". She is merely one face of the coin. As is any other capitalist politician: ie, Harris, Trump, Cornell West, RFK....

The US has got the system that the public thinks it wants. I like Walz, lovey. Surely, you like him a bit more.

Indeed, she gave an interview. And like you, i hope that she does more, so that the full scope of her right wing, militarist, anti-immigrant policies become ever clearer.

What did she say in this interview?

a) She fully defends Israel's "right to defend itself" and will continue to supply weaponry to the Zionist state so that it can complete the genocide.

Questioned by the CNN interviewer, she declared: "Let me be very clear, unequivocal and unwavering in my commitment to Israel’s defense and its ability to defend itself. And that’s not going to change.""

b) Despite Biden's warning in an earlier speech that Trump represents threat to US democracy, Harris openly affirmed her willingness to allow Republicans into her administration:

" I think it’s very important. I have spent my career inviting diversity of opinion. I think it’s important to have people at the table when some of the most important decisions are being made that have different views, different experiences, and I think it would be to the benefit of the American public to have a member of my cabinet who was a Republican."

This, even though the Republican party is choc a bloc full of fascists and anti-Semitic Christian fundamentalists.

c) Harris has fully embraced Trump''s anti immigrant venom. In this interview, she blamed Trump for blocking the Democrats' $20 billion anti-immigrant bill aimed at expanding the border police apparatus.

d) She rejected any notion that she would prevent fracking.

Politicians can go with the politics or (more rarely) try to take politics with them.

Despite some disenchantment with market economics, the US is veering right, so that's where Kamala is going. Her historical position on a number of issues is becoming increasingly...historical.

It's a shame, because the US is a wealthy country in which too many people live with the fleas, but not at all surprising.

After careful consideration and consultation with your Mod team and bearing in mind this is after all a Collingwood Football Club forum, we have decided to permanently close all political and religious discussion threads on this club board, and try to stick to less contentious subjects.

This is not a judgement on any particular set of beliefs or opinions or anyone's right to express them. Nor is it a judgement on your own ability to keep things civil.

Those of you that wish to continue to discuss religion/politics etc will be able to do so here where the mods are more geared up to moderate these exchanges.

You can also start your own Social Group or private convos.

If you want any of your posts moved over to the SRP, please let me know as it's not too much trouble for me to move them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back