Other TV Coverage in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NFL Coverage in Australia (2)

not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but NFL GamePass is now only $122 for a year.

Is this correct? Because it says so, but it also says live home and away radio broadcasts, and supposedly the price is meant to be $250. I've been thinking of getting this year for the archived games. Seems odd.

Thinking of getting Foxtel, for the footy next year and NFL.

Anyone know the usual amount of games/timeslots/broadcasters Foxtel show? Any of the panel shows?
Not many, 3-4 games a week. Sunday and Monday Night Football, plus 1 earlier game. Then later in the season, the Thursday Night games.

Panel shows? ESPN has a few.

Is this correct? Because it says so, but it also says live home and away radio broadcasts, and supposedly the price is meant to be $250. I've been thinking of getting this year for the archived games. Seems odd.
Was about to ask the same thing. Looks like they're moving closer to the NBA League Pass price (which was $120US IIRC), as they are the same streaming company.

$122 is a bargain.

not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but NFL GamePass is now only $122 for a year.

Looks like the direction we'll all have to go eventually. That's a better price than it's been in the past, they could still knock it down more tho. But yeah, better than having ONE or Fox tell you what games to watch.

I'll still be live streaming tho. Nothing better than 5am coffees and watching a variety of games unfolding live.

Was about to ask the same thing. Looks like they're moving closer to the NBA League Pass price (which was $120US IIRC), as they are the same streaming company.

$122 is a bargain.

Wow. That is so much better value compared to the old days. It isn't MLB.TV value, but a step in the right direction. I wonder if that sort of odd-number pricing indicates it is being converted to AUD? At least our dollar is so strong right now.

The NFL should consider any money earned outside the US as a bonus and price accordingly.

Let's face it, this is better than what any Australian FTA or cable company is ever going to do for a fan. It is just a matter of getting it on the TV in the living room. Presumably they'll add to the NFL '11 app so it'll work like MLB at bat (http://mlb.mlb.com/mobile/atbat/). The MLB is so far ahead in the online game!

BTW, the post-season (including Superbowl) is a separate package for nearly $50. I wonder if, as the season gets closer, they'll tier the pricing like they normally do? To be honest, I'd like a much cheaper package (approx $80) showing all Giants games + NFL Network.

I've mentioned it before around here, but the gamepass is the best investment one could make, assuming you are a diehard nfl fan. I think it's about $100 to get a one-team season pass and the quality of the vision is astounding, hook a computer up to your tv with a HDMI cord and voila. Perfect football with 5.1 surround sound, complete with US ads and no cutting off plays.
However i will be dishing out for the full $220 odd full season total access pass, where you can watch NFL and NFL related shows 24/7 if you wish. Watch full games, half games, highlights, interviews, live games, recorded games. Works very well with most internet connections too

Couldn't recommend it enough.

Thinking of getting the Full Season Game Pas ($122) and HDMI it to the TV. I gather you can watch live NFL and NFL shows, as well as replays? It it just one station, or can you pick and choose live or archived games at any time?

Hey guys, I was as shocked and happy as you were when i saw the new pricing, i thought it was a mistake! I've officially purchased the full-shebang (playoffs included) and am so excited. for $180 i've got everything (the regular season package is actually $129 when you go to pay for it, not that it really matters, and you can add post-season for $49).

Can't wait for week 1!

And pjcrows, you can pick from a few shows once the season starts, at the moment it's only one station, but in the season you have all the live games to pick from (duh), archived games (not sure how the archived works, GG might be on the money) and multiple shows to watch. It's tremendous value. It will give you a full monday of viewing and some, it is never off air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bought it drd, a little bit in case oneHD doesn't show them all, but mainly because i wanted all the shows, pre game shows, analysis etc. along with it. Depends on what you want out of it, i guess. Also partially because just incase they bump up the price of the playoffs later on in the season, which wouldn't surprise me..

Does anyone know if OneHD will show every PO game like they have for the past 2 years? I want to know if its going to be worth paying $48 for the post-season on NFL Game Pass or not

i think last season One only showed the Fox games, because i remember ESPN had the CBS games and i dont think One showed any of the NBC wildcard games.
and that is IF one are even going to show any games this season

Yeah, ONE showed all the playoff games last season, of course we don't know whether that will be the case this year.

I want to know if Foxtel shows all the playoff games...

uncertainty over one's commitment to NFL has already necessitated money being spent to network the house so I can get xbox foxtel and an eagles gamepass. it'll rule being able to watch all their games actualy.

is there something similar available for college ball?

uncertainty over one's commitment to NFL has already necessitated money being spent to network the house so I can get xbox foxtel and an eagles gamepass. it'll rule being able to watch all their games actualy.

is there something similar available for college ball?

there is ESPN college player, but its not available in Australia because most end up on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPN3, so it is a waste to pay for it. and most college football seems to be on ESPN2 this year, i dont know if that is on foxtel on xbox, otherwise save your money and dont get the xbox service ive herd it was crap

getting exciting now... espn have just advertised this Friday (our time), chargers vs Seahawks. a sick day beckons...
Surely you're not going to waste a perfectly good sick day on a preseason game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Other TV Coverage in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back