Other TV Coverage in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NFL Coverage in Australia (2)

I've posted my comment on TEN Forums...

http://forums.ten.com.au/forums/thread.jspa?program=&messageID=1713002

Are you kidding me?
For the second year running, you guys do a 7pm Project edition of Super Bowl Sunday, instead of just showing the game in entirety like you did all season.....like you did just a fortnight ago with the Conference Championship games, including the US half-time reports and post-game celebrations.
This is the Super Bowl! It's a marquee sporting event like the Olympic closing ceremony, like the Soccer World Cup, like the AFL grand final, etc.
You do NOT butcher the thing by having a panel of Aussies that includes Maher and Hughes. Even Carfino was only there as a token American and to flog his new ONE HD program.
The only person who is entitled to be there is Ed Wyatt.
But do you even need to do this? No. You just show the pre-game, full game, and post-game without having to cross back to a studio to talk about freaking Kim Kardashian, Super Bowl ads, or other various idiotic discussions initiated by Maher and Huges.
Lol at cutting off the Super Bowl in order to show a 50 year old documentary on American Football.
Is there no common-sense?
Think about how the AFL grand final is presented here, you dont have the panel from Good News Week in the studio, constantly being cut back to, interrupting the telecast, to hear them babble on about inane BS.
Nor do you cut the telecast short of the post-game celebrations etc.

It's nice that Amercian Sports are being shown on free-to-air, but you guys at TEN are out of your minds with your production ideas or whatever. Just an all-round disgraceful effort.

You don't realize how justifiably enraged I (and many others) are.

What next? 7pm Project editions of Miss Universe pageant, Carols by Candlelight, the US presidential innaugriation, etc etc etc???

FMD. FMD i am saying.

Create a facebook group?
Online Petition, give it to the vultures at ACA or TT
I am only half heartedly joking here, however if you really want to spread your point, FFS GG - don't fight where they have total control.

http://forums.ten.com.au/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=119464&start=0&tstart=0

Another thread, not so critical till towards the end.

The worst part was when Hughes rubbed it in that they were watching the US feed.

Called google

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/

Also, what amazes me is the fact that Channel Ten just don't take all the ads from the superbowl and make their own program - it's surprising how many people would watch for the ads. Then and only then would a panel become relevant.

I understand having a panel in there, because they are showing the game on TEN as well, it's an event. I thought they did a better job than last year when they were just going overboard with the analysis one very Ben Graham punt. Dave Hughes actually cut abck from the stupid moronic comments from last year but still there is no use for having him there. Maher is just acceptable because he is hosting but really it should be him, Wyatt and Carfino and that's it.

ONE's coverage has been great all season but they made two major blues today, the onside kick when they didn't realise the game was starting, surely they have got to be keeping an eye on that, they didn't miss it but it was completely unprofessionally done. Then the cutting off the celebrations for an episode of Malcolm of the Middle, well isn't that just a big middle finger to the NFL fans who followed on ONE all season. And confusing, the Superbowl actually did well last year they had it on TEN, it won its timeslot.

One other thing, very curious about the North American sports show that they were talking about it, "MVP" or whatever its called, but why on earth is Ed Wyatt not involved somehow. :confused:

As much as i like the idea of the MVP show. The fact it is hosted by Carfino means the only teams being covered are going to be the big 2 or 3 from the respective compitions.

May actually see some NHL though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am only watching parts of the replay - have they cut the inane chatter from the panel and replacing them with ads? If so, that is the way it should have been from the start.

The Who are not much better second time around.

I am only watching parts of the replay - have they cut the inane chatter from the panel and replacing them with ads? If so, that is the way it should have been from the start.

Roger that.

The AFL contingent of that panel, being Maher & Hughes are bad enough chatting Australian Rules, let alone a code a world away from what they pretend to know.

Roger that.

The AFL contingent of that panel, being Maher & Hughes are bad enough chatting Australian Rules, let alone a code a world away from what they pretend to know.

I still think that peroxide haired twit, Damian Lovelock was more annoying then both Maher and Hughes (and that's saying something) he really was so, so annoying, not only in NFL matters, but also in the Association football (Soccer) media.

[youtube]AE_XKL4rBnY[/youtube]

Love it:D:D:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Here's the story about how it happened.

Arrangements were quickly made for Leno and Winfrey to fly to New York, and much detail was given to getting them inside the Ed Sullivan Theater unnoticed.

"We really wanted to keep this under wraps," he said. "There were a lot of internal logistical conversations about how to even get Jay and Oprah into our building secretly."

Filming took place last Tuesday. Leno arrived while Letterman was taping his show. He was disguised in a hooded sweatshirt, dark glasses and a fake mustache. No joke. Filming took less than a half-hour, Burnett said.

"It was quick, it was easy," he said. "The attitude was professional and cordial. Dave and Jay were fine with each other."

anyone with gamepass check the conframation emails, my playoff pass was ment to be valid till feb 15. but my email said march 31st so i just spoke the them and got credited untill the 31st of march

When do the local stations (well, One HD anyway) make a decision on what games they'll show and when?

Well they are given the sunday and monday night games than they are given a Early 1PM Game normaly NFC Fox game but the decision is made about 1 month early for the early game. than when Day light savings atarts they switch to the last afternoon game at 4:15 which was normally the main CBS game last year but had some big Fox games also with packers/cowboys and Packers/Vikings. but that is alos chosen for them about 1 month before. Advanced guides are finalised just over 3 weeks early and released just over 2 weeks early. but they dont get a choice in the games otherwise they would have a poll on the webiste but they can not cover games that foxsports has alredy chosen

I wonder what the introduction of Fetch TV (http://www.fetchtv.com.au/features/channels/index.html, http://www.iinet.net.au/fetchtv/) will mean for NFL coverage in Australia?

At least initially, it appears absolutely nothing. I was hoping for maybe a subscription to thousands of different internet channels - e.g. NFL network, ESPN USA etc. You'd pay per channel.

There is no sport on this new offering. Perhaps when the rights come up it will make some difference.

OneHD, ESPN (via FOXTEL) and NFL GamePass are still the only ways to go it seems. Shame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other TV Coverage in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back