TV Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lynchy04 Looks like they booked too big of a place. They got about 5k there which is a solid number.

Its basically the norm for any wrestling event currently outside of big ppv's especially during the pandemic. Just funny how when it happens over on the other side it gets mentioned.

Dynamite demo was the exact same as RAWs this week…but let’s ignore that

How can you accurately compare the % of an age group that watched on Monday night to the % of an age group that watched on a Wednesday night.

Comparing the % of a population is useless when it's not the same population size on both nights.

WWE get slammed for these types of attendances.

View attachment 1310711
I think part of the WWE live attendance problem is the presentation of their TV programs. Super highly produced and the CGI stuff and constant ‘shaky’ camera work is for the couch viewer. It doesn’t present as an ‘event’ I’d necessarily want to see live IMO. AEW feels like a live wrestling event filmed for TV. I think they convey a bit more excitement, spontaneity and crowd involvement that would potentially translate to a better walk up audience.

How can you accurately compare the % of an age group that watched on Monday night to the % of an age group that watched on a Wednesday night.

Comparing the % of a population is useless when it's not the same population size on both nights.

Why the #### not? They're both unopposed wrestling shows in prime time on basic cable. Both against Football and both did fairly ordinary.

Why the #### not? They're both unopposed wrestling shows in prime time on basic cable. Both against Football and both did fairly ordinary.

Because a demo figure is a percentage of how many televisions are in use.

Tell me how many people of each demo actually watched the show—- because a .35 demo when ten million tvs are in use isn’t the same as a .35 demo when fifeteen million tvs are in use.

Also—- what NFL game was on Wednesday night?

Tell me how many people of each demo actually watched the show—- because a .35 demo when ten million tvs are in use isn’t the same as a .35 demo when fifeteen million tvs are in use.

It was the College Football Championship Game on Monday night in the states, that amassed 22 million plus viewers. Its like comparing a television show here versus the Anzac Day game or RL SOO.

There was also no Football on Wednesday night in the states. So absolutely non comparable.

It still bemuses me why AEW fans, talent and staff can not accept any form if criticism without having a hissy fit, going for personal insults or blindly ignoring blatant facts.

I was listening to old clips of Jim Cornette's podcast the other day and there was one on why AEW fans were so sensitive. They mentioned this PWI article and I think it hits the nail on the head. Especially this quote.

For a lot of wrestling fans, and some reporters, AEW is exactly what they have always said that the business has needed to knock off WWE and bring in a “better” version of wrestling. They feel that if the masses were to see that vision it would bring Vince McMahon to his knees. AEW does all of the things that those fans want, like blood, inside lingo, shots at WWE, etc. so if AEW can’t knock off WWE, that means what they have always believed would change the business was wrong. It would mean that what they believe wrestling should be can’t even attract half of the audience that Raw does and only about half of that in the coveted demo. It means Vince McMahon was more right than they are, and they will fight that to the bitter end. They don’t want to admit they were wrong and what they like has a place at the table but doesn’t attract the masses the way that Vince does. That’s a hard pill for them to swallow because it blows the theory that they have had for years but has never been put to the test until now.

I really want AEW to succeed but they have many flaws. They most certainly have the talent to do really well but the booking and direction let's them down.

Dynamite running a show in a bigger arena is a mistake when they're unlikely to get a high attendance, when one side of the entire arena is completely empty it's just not a good look.

I was listening to old clips of Jim Cornette's podcast the other day and there was one on why AEW fans were so sensitive. They mentioned this PWI article and I think it hits the nail on the head. Especially this quote.

I really want AEW to succeed but they have many flaws. They most certainly have the talent to do really well but the booking and direction let's them down.
I'm of the same mind, if AEW gives these people something to watch and enjoy that's great, everyone deserves something that they enjoy, but I don't think the product AEW puts out will ever be good enough to take the mantle of the top wrestling company in the world.

I said this when AEW started, I don't think it's about killing WWE, or proving Vince wrong at all. For me personally, I want different options, not a monopoly. If AEW is right up (or overtakes) WWE's arse like WCW was/did, Terrific for everyone. There would be no right or wrong people if everyone is thriving.

I can't remember who in TNA said it, but the critics chiming in with the LOLTNA stuff was harmful to their product. Positive buzz and good momentum I reckon is very important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My bad I mixed up an article about Saturday night last week I thought related to Dynamite this week. Is an ordinary rating.

We can argue about demo but I just don't get how people care about a certain demographic of viewers over the total amount of people watching.

Surely total viewers > small demographic everytime right?

We can argue about demo but I just don't get how people care about a certain demographic of viewers over the total amount of people watching.

I guess it’s measured for the younger people not the boomers, more based on what the station looks for

It’s all about the advertisers and who they are marketing their campaigns for. But there is alot more to it, as alot of companies would use advertising agencies and these agencies would have long standing relationships with certain stations and programs etc. There is a lot more in program advertising too with the DVR usage making a lot of advertising obsolete.

For the score keepers of American television audiences.

RAW - 1.6 million

Pretty impressive considering the competition of the first ever NFL monday night playoff game that attracted 23 million viewers.
Meltzer won’t be happy he was talking up dynamite beating raw this week

Dynamite running a show in a bigger arena is a mistake when they're unlikely to get a high attendance, when one side of the entire arena is completely empty it's just not a good look.

It used to be common place in the 80s and 90s but WWF in particular were brilliant at filming an arena to make it look like it was totally sold out when often it wasn't.

Number 1 in the rankings as well, that will piss off a fair number of users on here and I love it. :thumbsu:
Just be happy about the rating, no need to worry about or mention who is annoyed with it.

TV Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back