TV rights deal to be announced at 2:30

Remove this Banner Ad

All games live on the T-Box is HUGE! There's already a 24 hour AFL channel but it only shows match replays, nothing live. And considering the T-Box only costs $10 a month it's a bloody steal!

Here I was thinking I might need to finally jump on the Foxtel bandwagon. :D

Woohoo :D:thumbsu:

How does that work for us Austar users, where I'm pretty sure Sports is included in the basic package?

Dont think so it is it's own stand alone package like the movie package and the entertainment packages

Foxtel kept mentioning 9 games per week... all live in full HD.

Can we assume that it will also be available for non IQHD subscribers?

I lived in Canberra and Sydney, I know it well.

You're not understanding the overall picture, which is, essentially, for proper coverage of AFL, you're going to have to pay for it.

And again, the majority of games will be shown on Foxtel, which isn't the best we could've hoped for in terms of exposure in northern states because I don't see non-AFL fans signing up to watch our game.

It doesn't change for me, personally, I already have Foxtel. But I'm only one of 35% of Australians that have it. The AFL is betting on Foxtel growing significantly to improve its market share, I just don't see it happening.
4 Live Games Free To Air Every Week... This is a massive increase for the nothern states and provides massive exposure... we get nothing close to that in terms of NRL over here...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why they moved the Saturday afternoon game to an earlier timeslot.

Just talking about it now it is to help to feed into the Foxtel broadcast for the evening games

Saturday afternoon on a fixed delay. Not sure about that one. Probably means Better Home & Gardens is getting moved to Saturday afternoon.

Remove this Banner Ad

TV rights deal to be announced at 2:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back