TV series you are watching

Remove this Banner Ad

BJ are you watching The Good Fight on SBS? Legal series off shoot of The Good Wife and more than a bit anti Trump. Very good and funny at times.
I'm a Good Wife, Suits and Good Fight fan, (anyone remember Boston Legal?).
Lost interest in Deception.
For The People looks good - thanks.

Just finished Wild Wild Country on Netflix, a 6 part documentary on the Orange People who were a cult in the 80s which i remember well. The documentary is phenomenal. Up there with the OJ Simpson doc and Hoop Dreams as one of the best documentary series ever. Riveting.
Thank you for the heads up. Binged the whole 6 plus hours while in hospital.
Went into it with a very preconceived idea, came out of it with a fresh perspective.
While there certainly were some evil, self invested people in the leadership, the transformation of pretty much baron landscape into a garden of paradise was stunning.
And the way the US government agencies were prepared to overturn their own constitution is very topical when looking at the current situation over there.
As for Sheela, very happy she is in a place doing good things for people.
A rare series that opened my mind.

Thank you for the heads up. Binged the whole 6 plus hours while in hospital.
Went into it with a very preconceived idea, came out of it with a fresh perspective.
While there certainly were some evil, self invested people in the leadership, the transformation of pretty much baron landscape into a garden of paradise was stunning.
And the way the US government agencies were prepared to overturn their own constitution is very topical when looking at the current situation over there.
As for Sheela, very happy she is in a place doing good things for people.
A rare series that opened my mind.
Glad you liked it, My next recommendation is the Defiant Ones also on Netflix. Brilliant doc on a musical subject that I usually am not interested in. Story of Jimmy Iovine and Dr Dre. I watched it straight up.
Hope you are ok btw!

Handmaids Tale

Series two.

Even better so far than season one.

Masterchef.

At least it’s not nasty like my kitchen rules.

Family friendly and a good dose of syrup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Handmaids Tale

Series two.

Even better so far than season one.

Spot on, it has been great so far and has followed on perfectly from where season 1 left off. Aunt Lydia ... never has there been a character more deserving of getting hit with the karma bus, she’s up there with Joffrey.

Spot on, it has been great so far and has followed on perfectly from where season 1 left off. Aunt Lydia ... never has there been a character more deserving of getting hit with the karma bus, she’s up there with Joffrey.
But as opposed to Joffrey, I’d suggest Aunt Lydia* is played with just a touch of “non revelation” about her, like she subtlety hints she dislikes hurting the girls....

* Ann Dowd expertly plays her, so outstanding. I think, my guess only, Dowd adds just a slight trace of secret pain in her performance. Almost makes her more evil that way.

The show just would not work without the brilliant Moss and then Dowd adds to the menace. Great casting.

I'm watching Colony which just started again. Legion. Gotham. Just finished watching the latest season of Jessica Jones, not as good as S1 for mine.

Got a few shows on Netflix recommended haven't started yet including Happy and Evil Genius. Snowfall returns next month I think, really enjoyed S1. Luke Cage should also be back soon.

I finally got around to watching the latest season of Peaky Blinders, bloody good show that, heavy emphasis on the bloody.

Archer series 8.
They’ve gone out on a limb here and set the show back in the 40’s.
It actually works! Freshened the whole thing up and every character now has a different role, though deep down there are signs o their previous low lives.
Was going to binge it when I was in hospital, but now I get to do it on the big screen.
Recommended.

Shows I've watched recently...

If you like Breaking Bad, get onto Ozark.

If you like old movies/series like Goonies, Stand by me, Lost Boys, Twilight Zone, X Files etc. Then get onto Stranger Things.

If you like The Matrix, Blade Runner etc. then get onto Altered Carbon.

I also watched The Expanse. This was like a modern version of Star Trek based in our Solar system in the future 300 years from now.

Mystery Road is excellent

Agreed, I quite like it and Aaron Pederson is a great actor - it’s a well written series. I haven’t seen the movie that Mystery Road is a spin-off from as yet, I think I will double back and watch that once this one is finished.

Remove this Banner Ad

TV series you are watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back